Skin care help

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know Liz Earle has changed a lot of their formulas, however, if you didn't use it before you won't know any different! I'd get your granddaughter a starter set of cleanse and polish, skin tonic and the light moisturiser. You can't go wrong with it and she will thank you for it 20 years later!! You're a very thoughtful Gran :D

CC

I would think one of the Superdrug ranges (Superdrug do an excellent Cleanse & Polish dupe) would work for her but I would say get a day cream with an SPF because sun damage is probably the biggest culprit for premature skin aging.

There is no point in splashing out on an expensive range at her age in case she does it for a week and then gives up, and anyway some of the budget ranges are easily as good as the high end stuff.

My granddaughter at 13 has decided she would like a skincare routine. What are the best brands for her age? She has no problems.
Yeah the Superdrug C + P is good or their own brand skin washes. The tea tree one is the one my son started with.

I know Liz Earle has changed a lot of their formulas, however, if you didn't use it before you won't know any different! I'd get your granddaughter a starter set of cleanse and polish, skin tonic and the light moisturiser. You can't go wrong with it and she will thank you for it 20 years later!! You're a very thoughtful Gran :D

CC
Yes Liz Earle did come to mind but read complaints from regular users about the formula change. Will have a look in m6 boots store.

I would think one of the Superdrug ranges (Superdrug do an excellent Cleanse & Polish dupe) would work for her but I would say get a day cream with an SPF because sun damage is probably the biggest culprit for premature skin aging.

There is no point in splashing out on an expensive range at her age in case she does it for a week and then gives up, and anyway some of the budget ranges are easily as good as the high end stuff.
Will have a look at Superdrug range Might be as you say a one week wonder to keep it up lol 😆

I would definitely suggest Superdrug, they have a lot of choice. I was encouraged to cleanse, tone and moisturise when I was about 12 (puberty made my skin very greasy) and I continued, adding things like face scrubs and eye creams as I got older and they became popular. Keep the routine simple to begin with. The area I'm paranoid about is my neck, I put quite thick night cream on it and it still looks unwrinkled for my age. And as Susie Sue said products with SPF would be sensible as we all know the damage the sun can do.

The important thing is to find products that don't irritate her skin and to encourage her to keep it up.

I would agree with the Superdrug, or generally the DHS, as the place to start. How about a micellar water as a cleanser? And perhaps a day/night cream as a moisturiser, obviously a light format because at 13 you don’t need a sophisticated formula. Good idea to get started young! Any help is better than one! And I started using hand creams at about 15 I think. Had no money to speak of so it was only Nulon in the big pink bottle but worth the effort.

I would agree with the Superdrug, or generally the DHS, as the place to start. How about a micellar water as a cleanser? And perhaps a day/night cream as a moisturiser, obviously a light format because at 13 you don’t need a sophisticated formula. Good idea to get started young! Any help is better than one! And I started using hand creams at about 15 I think. Had no money to speak of so it was only Nulon in the big pink bottle but worth the effort.
Micellar water might be the way to go for her. I know I hate using heavy cleansers. Yes was thinking just a light moisturiser.

Aldi cream cleanser original or marine. I would be wary of using the Pineapple or Vit C on a young skin.

Superdrug, Boots no essential oils to irritate her skin and good quality. Keep it basic. If her skin is dry a milky wash off. If oilier maybe a wash gel type. A simple moisturiser with no perfume.

Sun and pollutant protection, wish I could put the clock back on that & a light moisturiser.I started in my teens, now 75 always used skincare and it doesn’t need to complicated or expensive.( I’m OK on the wrinkle front, but have pigmentation, lot down to our genes though!?)

My granddaughter at 13 has decided she would like a skincare routine. What are the best brands for her age? She has no problems.
I'd go Cera Ve all the way. Out of America, created by proper dermatologists, no fragrance. They have everything in their selection - different cleansers/sunscreen ,moisturisers, a lovely light lotion also. etc. Not as cheap as S.drug but always on offer somewhere. Recently on 3 4 2 at boots. I expect she'll have heard of the brand (teens love it) & will therefore stick with. Superdrug/liz Earle simply won't appeal to teens.

I'd go Cera Ve all the way. Out of America, created by proper dermatologists, no fragrance. They have everything in their selection - different cleansers/sunscreen ,moisturisers, a lovely light lotion also. etc. Not as cheap as S.drug but always on offer somewhere. Recently on 3 4 2 at boots. I expect she'll have heard of the brand (teens love it) & will therefore stick with. Superdrug/liz Earle simply won't appeal to teens.
I'd agree with Cerave. Would also suggest The Ordinary. Their squalane cleanser and NMF moisturiser are good basics.

Latest posts

Back