Smashbox TSV 11/11/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am really fed up of us getting crappy slimmed down/'alternative' versions of the US beauty TSVs! Do we need to send some sort of petition to QVC about this?

I love SB waterproof shadow liners and don't understand why are we getting a liquid liner instead. Or why the US viewers get a 21g halo while we get one a third of the size with no brush (I can't even be sure it's the foundation, could be the bronzer instead)? Very disappointed.

I may be wrong, but i don't think that is a liquid liner - I have had the preview of the Spring Collection and there is a new powdeer liner which is fantstic - it is a waterproof powder and the shades are soft grey (my fav) and a soft brown - the packaging shape looks just the same. If it is then that will be a great thing to try.

I think had QVC had the same TSV it is likely the price point would have been very high (comparatively speaking) so perhaps that is why - it has to be shipped over here and QVC price includes VAT, wheras US one doesn't.

I may be wrong, but i don't think that is a liquid liner - I have had the preview of the Spring Collection and there is a new powdeer liner which is fantstic - it is a waterproof powder and the shades are soft grey (my fav) and a soft brown - the packaging shape looks just the same. If it is then that will be a great thing to try.

I think had QVC had the same TSV it is likely the price point would have been very high (comparatively speaking) so perhaps that is why - it has to be shipped over here and QVC price includes VAT, wheras US one doesn't.

I'd prefer a powder liner to a liquid one. I see your point re cost, but we have had full sized halos in a tsv kit before and the last SB tsv was the same as the US one, plus we got an additional brush. I just think the mini halo is a bit of a poor show.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/...3695.desc.smashbox-Soft-Focus-Powder-Eyeliner

Oh dear, reviews of eyeliner don't look great.

Hmmm - well, it isn't a big pot, that is for sure, but I love this product in the grey (suits my blue/grey eyes better than the brown - although that is a lovely soft natural and very wearable colour too) - these colours are the ones in the 2011 Spring Collection.

Frankly for me I think it is their best eyeliner ever .... but in fairness I am not one for a dramatic / heavy eyeliner, and quite often I will use eyeshadow rather than eyeliner as I am quite fair skinned. This is utterly budge proof for me and I found it very easy to apply - it has a soft, velvety, slightly bendy applicator.

And for anyone who has problems with their eyeliner creeping / transferring onto the crease line / upper lid .... not with this one you don't.

Hmmm - well, it isn't a big pot, that is for sure, but I love this product in the grey (suits my blue/grey eyes better than the brown - although that is a lovely soft natural and very wearable colour too) - these colours are the ones in the 2011 Spring Collection.

Frankly for me I think it is their best eyeliner ever .... but in fairness I am not one for a dramatic / heavy eyeliner, and quite often I will use eyeshadow rather than eyeliner as I am quite fair skinned. This is utterly budge proof for me and I found it very easy to apply - it has a soft, velvety, slightly bendy applicator.

And for anyone who has problems with their eyeliner creeping / transferring onto the crease line / upper lid .... not with this one you don't.

Is it a similar effect to the shadow liners, except a thinner line? Any idea when you will get them in store?

Is it a similar effect to the shadow liners, except a thinner line? Any idea when you will get them in store?

HI White Russian

It is a softer effect than the shadow liners, and it is definitely a powder. The packaging describes it as 'soft focus', although it is a very dense pigment which gives a smudge-proof finish. It is a dry product as opposed to the creamy nature of the shadow liner.

The other point is that it is a matte finish, which gives a very natural effect, whereas the shadow liner has more of a shimmer / foiled look to it.

Have had another play with them this morning and it also looks lovely with a soft eyeshadow applied lightly over the top too.

As for when we get them - current predicted shipping date is end of the year for launch in early January.

SSC have an Early Bird offer on, you can get 15% off selected Smashbox ect but they have the 2010 palette and wish collection.

I won't be going for it.

Don't like the colours in the eyeshadow palette.
Don't like grey/black eyeliner. Don't like the loose powder idea eyeliner either.

Guerlain in the Terracota(sp), have had loose powder type kohl eyeliners for a few years. People complain they are messy as powder always drops down on your face.

This TSV is actually dare I say boring:dull:

I'm not sure about this TSV either. Shame really as I wanted to treat myself!

Ooooohhh I haven't gone for a smashbox tsv for ages I quite fancy the look of that...... Mite be an early birthday present for myself. Hope it's a good price and below £40........ is that too optimistic??

The US Quick Fix set had the full sized Halo, are we being fobbed off with the Halo to go then?

Jude xx

I prefer the Halo to go - better lid.
I've had 3 lid breakages on the full size Halo!

I prefer the Halo to go - better lid.
I've had 3 lid breakages on the full size Halo!

My pot lids have gone too :sad:, although at least they are too big to travel with, so the halo-to-go is handy. However I would have liked to have seen the full size offered because this is my HG foundation - everything will depend on the price on this one - really needs to be VERY good value.

Smashbox should do the full sized Halo with a twist off lid...what a fab PR coup if we got this TSV including a special edition twist-off lidded full-size halo! A girl can dream!
I really don't need another Halo, I have 2 full-size (a light and a fair) and also a Fair to go! But it's the feeling we're getting a lesser deal than QVC US that gets me going!

Jude xx

I think you lot have talked me out of this tsv lol, im now questioning myself. Really dont need any make up, i was just going to get it because it is Smashbox.

thank you for saving me money, dont feel so bad buying the decleor one now and the Charlie bears x

Latest posts

Back