So disappointed with QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loujareth

Registered Shopper
Just general gripes, I've been a long standing customer, so long not even that sure how long. I think it's approx 14 years.

Recently I have purcahsed a bit of this and that and clocked up a fair few items in the last 2 months BUT I am so unhappy with the cock ups and bad service I've had. As previously mentioned on this forum, they put the wrong package in the wrong section and I ended forking out the costs to pick up fom the post office when it should have been couriered. Now I did contact QVC all about that but no-one got it as it were, I had to explain and explain, I did get the costs back and they refunded my orginal P&P which was only right as I paid for a service that I didn't get. BUT they still didn't get the mistake, it was like 'just to keep you happy', they didn't believe what I was saying, then to top it all, they refunded the postage to the wrong item, proving how automoton like customer service is. I didn't end up out of pocket apart from the inconvenience and petrol costs to pick the coat up but still, it's left a bad feeling.

Now an item 'gone missing'. I returned some faulty goods, promise of a replacement, still in process on my account, that was 4 weeks ago, upon contacting them I was told to wait 21 days till they recieve it. It was picked up by the courier, thank goodness I have the reciept. Still no sign, so I rang today, oops they say, got to report this one lost, letter etc. Won't get the replacement till all the paperworks gone through (while they have my money in their account for over a month)- propably the bad weather - what a lie, it was picked up 4 weeks ago.

I'm thinking well I'm the plonker for buying from them, I know I am and I'm seriously going to stop but still, long time customer with such awful service and I read such other horror stories on here. They have seriously gone down in my eyes, so shoddy compared to what they used to be like.

I've been with them for 16 years, from the day we had Sky installed and apart from once having the wrong ring sent to me, I've honestly never had cause for complaint:up:

long standing customer means nothing. You are only one and therefore do not count - at least that is the feeling I get and I have been with them from the beginning. A month ago I recieved an empty ring box. Rang them up they said they investigate. 2 weeks later I rang up to find out what was happening to be told that the advisor should have send me an envelope to return the whole package in. Luckily I still had it! The envelope to return it in arrived yesterday, a month after I reported the empty ring box, and 6 1/2 weeks after ordering the ring, AND 2 weeks after being told they will send me an envelope to return this empty package. 6 weeks of them having my money
QVC is great when things go well, and occasionaly I have had good service from customer care, but the awardwinning c/care can seriously suck as well

dont bother contacting te call centre staff go drect to the ceo office (details on their website) YOU will get a positive response within 24hrs- i've done this myself:happy:

Awful stuff Star, what a long winded process.

The additional stuff I haven't mentioned regards the wrongly sent out coat was, first time ringing they said would send a letter, which I waited a week for and it never came so I rang back and they said we'll send you another, when it came it was a non reciept letter which I wasn't expecting so a third call later, seemed to have been sorted As mentioned, it wasn't sorted correctly then a week later got ANOTHER non recieved letter, dated the same day as my final call, so it wasn't even the original one. I'd also emailed them at one point and got totally a stupid answer - wait for 21 days for it to arrive. They just couldn't get it, it had arrived. So much faffing around for their mistake.

The second item I am waiting to be sorted was going to be given as a christmas gift at a party and I ordered it in good time but no, the party was last night, hence my posting and I didn't have the gift to give. If it eventually does come, it'll be approx a month and a half since I orginally ordered it. Terrible.

I've been with them for 16 years, from the day we had Sky installed and apart from once having the wrong ring sent to me, I've honestly never had cause for complaint:up:[/QUO

Believe me you are one of the lucky ones as past threads and my personal experience has shown...late deliveries, no deliveries, wrong items sent galore :down:

Direct your complaint to Dermot Boyd the CEO of QVC.

The Email address is: [email protected].

Phone and ask for Dermot Boyd: 0800 51 41 31

Address is:

Dermot Boyd
CEO QVC UK
QVC
Customer Operations Centre
Liverpool
L70 2QA

I hope someone form QVC is reading this thread as the shoddy service outlined is appalling bearing in mind the presenters are quick to bang on about the "Award Winning Customer Service" that QVC supposedly offer.

My impression is that they are caring less and less about their customers and don't seem to care about the patronising attitude of some of their presenters either.

Everytime I have an issue with them from now on I am going straight to the CEO as this seems to be the only way to get anything done.

QVC - biggest does not always mean best if you treat you customers like they are of little consequence!!

Wow I feel better now!!:headbang:

Address is:

Dermot Boyd
CEO QVC UK
QVC
Liverpool
L70 2QA

thank you for that I have written a complaint email to him, lets wait and see what happens

I've been with them for 16 years, from the day we had Sky installed and apart from once having the wrong ring sent to me, I've honestly never had cause for complaint:up:[/QUO

Believe me you are one of the lucky ones as past threads and my personal experience has shown...late deliveries, no deliveries, wrong items sent galore :down:

It's a shame that they're letting so many people down now:down:

Last edited:

Address is:

Dermot Boyd
CEO QVC UK
QVC
Liverpool
L70 2QA
I guarantee you will receive a call within 24 hours, I did.
icon12.gif
mysmilie_55.gif

I've done an email too, very polite one but detailed. He will be busy today. Thanks everyone.

I doubt that Mr Boyd will get to see it but his office is very attentive
icon12.gif
on his behalf. Good luck Lou, I had a good and fair result and I hope you do too.
mysmilie_55.gif

I agree their service has gone down the pan. I ordered EMU slippers on 8th November, they were shipped on 9th but took 3 weeks to get to me!! I contacted QVC and they said they would send out a non-receipt letter, bearing in mind I contacted them on 18th Nov and again a few days later. I received the non-receipt letter today - WHY I ask myself? Do they not have 1st class postage?? I don't watch or order nearly as much as I used to. I will think twice before I order anything now.

I am so disappointed because I have put my faith in them so much in the past. The more I read this forum (thank goodness it's here, so great to have it) the more I am appalled at what's happened to others. To have experienced it so badly myself which I never expected to happen a year ago, it flabberghasts me. Also receiving returned items earlier in the year as well adds to that ghastness.

Maybe I think and feel too deeply about it all, it's only a shopping channel but still it gets to me.

Result:
thanks to Kitee giving me the adr of the CEO I emailed yesterday and a very nice chap got back to me today issuing refunds (one even for an item I only moaned about as I send it back 3 weeks ago and had not been refunded) and they gave me £15 credit for messing me around so to speak.
Thank you to Kitee and if only it was this easy to deal with QVC all the time.
Think I'll def have the Lola Rose TSV now lol

Large organizations can get it terribly wrong - I'm tending to buy less from them and seeking out smaller independent makers - there are loads out there on the internet and some genuinely fabulous sellers with their own websites.

If some seller advertises they adhere to the distance selling regulations and allow 7 working days for cancellation notifications they are bound to be trying hard to be honest and upfront.

Oh and if they are 'small' individuals but their T&C look comprehensive, professional and correct - got a full geographic address - not a PO Box as that breaks the law. Use something safe like Paypal. you can be more assured that they are trying hard to be good vendors ! Do not make it look like that they insist you return before you get a refund. Notifications of returns within 7 working days - that does not mean it has to be back by then!! Distance selling regs are there to protect us the consumers!

Missed a call today and asked to ring back tomorrow, so at least they called (got a message) still not recieved my 'letter' for the item thats gone missing on return. I'm sure it's being done deliberate to a lot of people, as in "don't send the letter out till much later than the customers call, in fact maybe don't send one out until they ring several times". No fair imo.

Latest posts

Back