Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And this evening.

We have a woman complaining about the presenters wearing black. Its depressing and does not show up well on TV, it seems. She turns over. She states in the early days QVC presenters were no allowed to wear black. Never knew about this?

Someone has replied with First World Problem. This one might take off so popcorn ready.

And this evening.

We have a woman complaining about the presenters wearing black. Its depressing and does not show up well on TV, it seems. She turns over. She states in the early days QVC presenters were no allowed to wear black. Never knew about this?

Someone has replied with First World Problem. This one might take off so popcorn ready.

I've heard about the "no black clothes" rule fairly recently. Can't remember where.

You've just go to love the "third world problems" reply haven't you, it's almost as if it's a shopping channel FB page, were, you can complain about QVC, whilst still caring about the bigger things in life like third world problems, that's the amazing thing about the human mind, we can care about several things at the same time. :mysmilie_15:

I've heard about the "no black clothes" rule fairly recently. Can't remember where.

Jilly H seems to wear black more than any of the other presenters. QVC 'rules' come & go; as someone who watched from day dot I can remember when the presenters were told they had to have American manicures rather than coloured polishes & I'm sure there was an edict about lip colour. When I watched live shows I didn't care if they wore bin liners as long as they gave me the facts about an item, now I only peruse online & tend to shop from printed info so their clothing isn't an issue.

I remember Pipa saying they were not allowed to wear jeans on air unless it was an item being presented during the show, then suddenly that changed and they were worn on every show although not so much now.

And this evening.

OMG!!! What has the world come too or is just these silly posters on Fakebook? :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_17:

You've just go to love the "third world problems" reply haven't you, it's almost as if it's a shopping channel FB page, were, you can complain about QVC, whilst still caring about the bigger things in life like third world problems, that's the amazing thing about the human mind, we can care about several things at the same time. :mysmilie_15:

The mind boggles at the mentality of some of these posters! Really feel they need to get out more...............don't get me started on the Beauty Bloggers too (who love all things QVC) do they never go to John Lewis, Debenhams or Watt Brothers! Fantastic Bargains to be had!!! :mysmilie_59::mysmilie_8::mysmilie_17:

The mind boggles at the mentality of some of these posters! Really feel they need to get out more...............don't get me started on the Beauty Bloggers too (who love all things QVC) do they never go to John Lewis, Debenhams or Watt Brothers! Fantastic Bargains to be had!!! :mysmilie_59::mysmilie_8::mysmilie_17:

I think the die hard QVCers and QVC beauty blaggers keyboards only have Q..V..and..C keys on it, don't think they can go any further in to the retail world :mysmilie_17:

Too right!

I wanted the melatogenine future plus mask from gatineau as a present. Mostly places sell it full price and QVC normally have a duo at the same price as one so essentially half price but out of stock. I bought from a retailer at just over 50% reduction, free postage and 60 day Freepost returns. :mysmilie_59::mysmilie_59::mysmilie_59:

Today we have had someone saying that QVC Germany have offered 1 lot of P&P on all orders and they have asked why QVC UK can't offer the same and he got the usual bog standard reply about P&P charges covering the 30 day MBG and the other usual stuff they come out with. Then another lady tried to be humorous by asking if there is a help line for people who can't stop ordering from Q and she has been given the usual sorry you have had trouble ordering from QVC and can you call customer services etc . What do these bods get paid for? They haven't exactly got much to do as the FB page is dead most of the time you would think they would actually bother to read the questions before they reply.

Today we have had someone saying that QVC Germany have offered 1 lot of P&P on all orders and they have asked why QVC UK can't offer the same and he got the usual bog standard reply about P&P charges covering the 30 day MBG and the other usual stuff they come out with. Then another lady tried to be humorous by asking if there is a help line for people who can't stop ordering from Q and she has been given the usual sorry you have had trouble ordering from QVC and can you call customer services etc . What do these bods get paid for? They haven't exactly got much to do as the FB page is dead most of the time you would think they would actually bother to read the questions before they reply.

I don't see it on QVC DE, but on QVC FR you get 30MBG and 2.95Euro p&p per day for all orders placed that day to the same address and paid for by the same payment method.

So our UK operation is once again talking a load of baloney.

The thing is, QVC UK started off twenty four years ago, and they ain't changin' for no bugger. All the other QVC Franchise started up knowing there's fierce competition out there, with QVC UK the majority of their customers are addicted now, so QVC UK are safe in the knowledge that they needn't change and just let the profits come rolling in. They don't even offer Paypal in this day and age, that's how they know they've got nothing to worry about, daft really because considering they take their customers for granted, their failure to evolve and their complacency, in the not too distance future, will most definitely be their down fall,

I have watched QVC for over 20 years and therefore been a customer for this time.

It really has to come into the modern world and move with the times. Almost every other Retail, Shopping Centre and large online businesses have evolved and looked after the customer. Mainly the P & P and now they fall behind with the name day/date slot and also the Click and Collect Service which many Customers love and use!
This is what I hear my friends and family say and I totally agree with them! :up:

The QVC Facebook page might as well be closed down - it's the same thing over and over and over, as evidenced by this thread. It's just too boring. I've stopped even looking at it. It's only any good when there's a good row.

if no one bought from qvc until they capped their postage costs qvc would have to do something. not surprised that the french and germans get a better deal they would not pay it and qvc know this

So one woman asking why she had to return two parcels separately as it cost £9. Her post office asked why not return in one parcel. So of course QVC jump in and explain that it could mean it takes longer for her to get her refund. Others replying they always return multi items in one parcel but make sure to put both bar codes on the parcel. One said she got her refund quicker than sending individually.:mysmilie_17:

Another one asking why she was booted off Back To You for doing nothing? She didn't realize she was blocked at first and tried to rejoin and and its a No. A few replies saying that is how the Admin works. Her partner came on and said all his gf said was she was getting married.

Donna I didn't really understand that particular post.

I see someone has suggested a Christmas bash to replace the beauty bash. I can only hope it was said tongue in cheek.

Latest posts

Back