Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I enjoy reading Mary and Pat's comments. Cat among the pigeons and all that. Some of the sycophantic rubbish some spout on FB is unbelievable.

Mary is certainly giving out some about A Y .It is only what a lot of people would like to say.Of course ,the Q heavy mob are out in defence.

I am unable to like or thank posts, I just have a query symbol instead.

Same here.

You mean on this forum, not FB, don't you? I was having the same problem a couple of days ago, mainly on the iPad. It seems ok now on the desktop. What is still happening, though, is often when I click on "like" or "thank", the post disappears! It only comes back when I refresh the page.

Something is going on as I have noticed when logging on the bands which are normally blue and turn red once one is logged on,are staying blue in my case.I don't know if others are experiencing this.Also,I liked a post by Shopperholic yesterday and pooof gone into cyberspace.Is our jolly little forum having technical problems?I hope not.

I find it changes all the time.

One time, the "new posts" button is on the left, another time it is in the middle, and it keeps changing.

And sometimes there is a button "forum actions", and at other times it is "mark forums read".

Something is going on as I have noticed when logging on the bands which are normally blue and turn red once one is logged on,are staying blue in my case.I don't know if others are experiencing this.Also,I liked a post by Shopperholic yesterday and pooof gone into cyberspace.Is our jolly little forum having technical problems?I hope not.

Yes, that same post on the previous page vanished after I clicked "like" and it really confused me! It came back when I left the page and returned to it though. Also, most days at least once, the screen goes blank and i get a message that says something about the page having to be reloaded because it was using significant memory. I did email Graham about it a few weeks ago.

Graham, may be working on the site?

Well, Well, Green Seasons yet again. An order arrived on time 5th Dec but they got no tracking to say it was actually on the way. Gammon missing and they have phoned and phoned to be told it would be sent out, too late now and they have to go out and buy a gammon joint. Another saying they have not recieved their order at all!

The photo of the TSV Diamonique bracelet!!! It's in two halves! Customer not happy as they have to wait for return label and form, it was a Xmas present. They bought their wife a £100 Diamonique bracelet 12 months ago which the clasp keeps opening. People asking why this person is getting kisses from QVC replies to complaints. :mysmilie_17:

Well, Well, Green Seasons yet again. An order arrived on time 5th Dec but they got no tracking to say it was actually on the way. Gammon missing and they have phoned and phoned to be told it would be sent out, too late now and they have to go out and buy a gammon joint. Another saying they have not recieved their order at all!

The photo of the TSV Diamonique bracelet!!! It's in two halves! Customer not happy as they have to wait for return label and form, it was a Xmas present. They bought their wife a £100 Diamonique bracelet 12 months ago which the clasp keeps opening. People asking why this person is getting kisses from QVC replies to complaints. :mysmilie_17:

Looks like the Christmas spirit is flourishing on Facebook, with QVC spreading the joy.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me... That's what springs to mind!!!!

It beggars belief that all these people hand over their money to QVC year after year, and in some cases despite having been let down previously. I'm all for second chances, but I'd have to say not if you are banking on this for a Christmas dinner and other festive catering. Why risk ruining a major occasion?

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me... That's what springs to mind!!!!

It beggars belief that all these people hand over their money to QVC year after year, and in some cases despite having been let down previously. I'm all for second chances, but I'd have to say not if you are banking on this for a Christmas dinner and other festive catering. Why risk ruining a major occasion?

I was just about to post about the guy with the bracelet. Why did he order another if his last one broke and Q didn't help him out with it.
I'm assuming the meat people are oblivious re the fiasco that happens every year.

I pop on to read the posts as a visitor as I don't have (and don't want a FB account) and am amazed that people are thanking QVC for delivering their parcels to them. Now, I may be blonde, but I thought that's why we pay their high P&P ............. to get a delivery. If it was a totally unique company then fair enough, but with other retailers offering the same items (often cheaper and with free P&P) I don't understand the need to fawn all over the company.

Maybe they just hanker after a x from one of the QVC Facebook bods.

And I love Pat's posts.

Anyone see the photos of the Green Seasons turkey? Not pleasant to look at.

Yep! You could quite clearly see how it had been pumped full of water - all those little holes/honeycomb texture are a dead giveaway. Also had the look of meat that had been frozen for too long, probably from last year!

Perhaps Green Seasons are getting ready for the US style chicken which will be coming our way in a few years. Plumped full of all sorts.

See Pat is back suggesting QVC should do more pet things, I would hate to think they will start selling pet food. Your pet would die of hunger waiting on the delivery turning up if it did on auto delivery.

I see someone has posted that they have ALL 2018 Christmas presents bought (assuming from Q)

I know people do this but I’ve never really understood it.

Anything with a shelf life will be out of date.
anything with a guarantee is dead in the water
Will Auntie Nelly still be a size 16?
Will Grandad still be able to dig the garden?
Will June still be your sister in law?
Will rose gold/stacking bangles/dangly earings still be fashionable for DD?

I’d rather put the money away and wait until nearer the time to search out bargains - plus how likely is it that they got a bargain from Q anyway.

I see someone has posted that they have ALL 2018 Christmas presents bought (assuming from Q)

I know people do this but I’ve never really understood it.

Anything with a shelf life will be out of date.
anything with a guarantee is dead in the water
Will Auntie Nelly still be a size 16?
Will Grandad still be able to dig the garden?
Will June still be your sister in law?
Will rose gold/stacking bangles/dangly earings still be fashionable for DD?

I’d rather put the money away and wait until nearer the time to search out bargains - plus how likely is it that they got a bargain from Q anyway.

Did they say if they’ve wrapped them yet ?

Holds hand up and tells, I do buy next year's presents in the sales. But I wait until the summer when the prices are even better. Oh and wouldn't dream of buying them from QVC. I buy Molton Brown and SpaceNK summer sales.

Latest posts

Back