Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Any business that can find a way to resume trading will. After the current level of this crisis subsides from critical to a lower level, the country has to find a way back. There will be companies that cease trading entirely, sadly, and worse there will be increased unemployment. If people think the current lockdown ending will be the end of hardship, I think they are kidding themselves, unfortunately.

The frustrating thing about the idiots treating this as an extended holiday is that they are extending the duration of the lockdown, thus worsening the prospects for survival of businesses and jobs. They will be the same ones shocked, surprised and angry when their jobs have disappeared because the lockdown continued too long.

Many companies with both brick and on line sales will now be able to assess just how important, or not, real shops are so some will not reopen these. Businesses where the owners were near retirement anyway will not reopen and neither will those who really were not viable but limped on. Maybe one up point is that dead wood will go and new shoots will emerge.

Like wartime there are some making a profit by keeping the country going and others making it by racketeering but it’s up to us to make moral judgments who and what we buy now and afterwards. I know there are some I will not support no matter how inconvenient or expensive.

You should try standing in the queue outside supermarkets when you suffer from bad hayfever. Even with my meds I sneeze like there`s no tomorrow, always into a tissue I hasten to add but that doesn`t stop people giving me dirty looks or looking at me as if I`m the Devil incarnate. I half expect folks to make the sign of the cross or have me exorcised. I always stand more than 2 metres away from the person in front but until the grass pollen season is over then unless I starve it seems like supermarket queues are going to have to look at me as if I`m a one woman coronavirus hit squad !

I have sinus problems all year and have to use a prescription nasal inhaler. So I can be a bit stuffy in the morning first thing then my nose runs to clear itself out when I hit the fresh air. I now automatically say I have sinus problems when I blow my nose when in the queue for the supermarket.

I have sinus problems all year and have to use a prescription nasal inhaler. So I can be a bit stuffy in the morning first thing then my nose runs to clear itself out when I hit the fresh air. I now automatically say I have sinus problems when I blow my nose when in the queue for the supermarket.

Donna snap! Me too! I’ve had to take Nasofan for years xx

I love that show! Most people seem to loathe it because of Greg being so noisy. But I reckon if you are doing a fairly repetitive job and the BBC come in to do a show, it must be really nice to have someone who shows so much enthusiasm.

yesterday o
'Is there something wrong with your website?'
This question was written on a large orange rectangle & has really amused me. I wish Joe x had replied 'No' or 'Yes'.

Ahh the big coloured squares were a diehard writes a message in big bold letters to stand out from the crowd, and just incase you miss their insightful message. 😂

I really enjoy the show APART FROM GREGG!

He is just too shouty and giggly, and always mucks things up, probably well rehearsed. I hated to see him drop HUGE amounts of pastry on the floor in the pasty factory, which then had to be thrown away. He dropped at least 2 lumps, both extremely heavy so he could hardly lift them.

The Ginsters factory is not far from me, I've gone past it quite often.

BTW it is next door to a Tesco superstore, but they can't supply them directly, they get sent to a Tesco warehouse and then all the way back again, wasting 100s of miles of road transport.

A woman complaining she has been a customer for 20 years and always uses easy pay making sure she can afford the payments.

So QVC did a credit check on her and turned down her latest order and she is shocked. Others saying the presenters always said they never do credit checks but it seems they do random ones. One person said she thought they had to have permission to do a credit check on your got the reply, no any company you want to buy from using credit can do a check.

The credit check has come up before and people being turned down.

Of course, the endless posts of where is my order can you check where my order is? Quite a few seem to have been in process for ages or Hermes have collected and it's on its way but seems stuck with them. You would think by now people would have realized with the current situation not to go by the normal 3-5 days delivery QVC are still giving out.

I’ve said on here for many years that QVC have done random soft credit checks from day one, even though you’d hear Chuntley banging on about the fact they didn’t every other minute although at that time they mightn’t when you’d joined, but they’d certainly get round to it, but not long after that they started doing full credit checks for expensive and none expensive items, have done for a long long time but let’s be honest, even before QVC became multi conglomerate, with investors and billions of pounds profit, what company worth it’s salt would send a £1000 tv out to someone without checking their credit score/history first 🤔

I wouldn’t buy anything I might have to return as who knows if and how to return by post or courier. I ordered compost simply because I couldn’t get it anywhere on 10 April still showing in progress. I shall wait one more week and then think about cancelling.

Many complaints about raspberry plants which were sold as in 2 litre pots which arrived as miserable specimens in small pots .

Dozen of complaints regarding no replies to emails and Liam x has finally said they are no longer communicating by email or reading them so do it by phone. I could be wrong but I would have thought emails were exactly what they would want as these could be processed by home workers. This is just highlighting how poor Q systems are, they were rubbing their greedy hands at all the extra orders generated from people in lockdown without a thought that as they can’t cope normally how the hell were they going* to manage extra orders with half the staff.

Yes Lati, they keep repeating email email email. People phoning up waiting for an answer giving up after 30 minutes or get a recorded message saying we are closed and back at 7 am tomorrow. So the chances of getting someone on the phone very rare. Then people saying they cannot order for days via the app or via the web. Sounds like a total shambles.

Why can Ideal World answer emails in 24 hrs yet QVC can’t? I’m not being funny I do just wonder how a company of QVCs stature are stuck in 1993, never evolving. Can you imagine the fiasco of the forth coming “Beauty Event” doesn’t bear thinking about 😂

I have said many times QVC are dinosaurs massive in size with very small brains they just cannot seem to think things out properly for the size of the company.

Be honest openly say orders will be much slower and may take two-three weeks to arrive that is why we are giving a 60-day money-back guarantee now.

Latest posts

Back