Take Note Qvc ....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hmm might give them another try. I lost my log in details and refuse to use their 09 telephone number. Will set up again on a different email as I did have some nice things from them.

Their email service isn't like QVCs, if you email them they'll answer you very quick, normally within 24 hours, they will answer you so you don't need to ring, I've never rang them because they deal with any query quite quick via email.

Last edited:
Can't go wrong with some bargain flaaaaahs! Bet that Peony woman is reeling at someone muscling in on her market!

I can only echo what shopperholic says about the delivery and prices on IW. Last year I bought 2 pairs of lined boots on their sale - £5 a pair!!! They are so warm and comfy and arrived a couple of days later. Brilliant service and products. Cheap doesn't necessarily mean nasty. Just as Q doesn't necessarily mean quality, V value or C convenience.

I remember when I stopped buying from Q - suddenly got a letter with enclosed voucher code sent through the post, and the letter was enough to break your heart, how they'd missed me, wanted me to come back - tears were gushing from my eyes (not) by the time I'd finished reading it. The voucher enclosed was 10% off - ruddy big deal! I ignored it, and then got a 20% one a few weeks later (sorry, Q, I didn't use it, because you'd really p...ed me off by then).

I agree Autumn, everyone is treated the same at IW. In my twenty years at QVC, being a customer from day one I got absolutely nothing, not a code, not money off, nothing. I've been with IW since day one and I've lost count of the money I've saved, I do like the fact there's no favouritism and putting the code on the front benefits everyone. IW is my kinda shopping channel, good prices, good products with an hour to demonstrate them, I get a migraine if I watch pretentious QVC for more than a minute with all the rushing and shouting in a desperate attempt to get you to buy as many products as they can throw at you.

Their email service isn't like QVCs, if you email them they'll answer you very quick, normally within 24 hours, they will answer you so you don't need to ring, I've never rang them because they deal with any query quite quick via email.

Maybe they have improved then.

The issue I had with several years ago was I'd ordered something that was being dispatched in 3 separate boxes (it was a piece of exercise equipment)... 1 box arrived, the other 2 didn't. I emailed their CS severe times but because 1 of the 3 boxes had been delivered they took that as meaning all 3 had been. Trying to explain to them was a nightmare, this went on for months, they kept taking flexi payments despite me telling them I didn't have the item. I'd returned the 1 box that did arrive per their request and then they said i didn't return all the parts... it was outrageous! They would often take 3 or more days to reply to an email so it was going on and on...

In the end I had to call their call centre (which is not in liverpool) after 45 minutes of one of their customer services advisors pretending they knew what they were talking about (and they swore at me actually) I finally spoke to a manager who only after I threatened to contact watchdog :)mysmilie_17:) did they refund me!

A few days later I got a reply to a letter I'd sent them 4 weeks previously stating that they'd looked into my case and had discovered that the item was out of stock at the time of me ordering it and thats why I didn't receive all the parts... I swore never to shop with them again. But I have been tempted lately. I just don't want to have to go through all that again.

Second order from Ideal World arrived today , Really pleased with them , I can really recommend the Blossom Collection as a cheaper alternative to Peony and you get the added bonus of Led lights :)

I too have shopped (a lot) with QVC from day one and I have never had an offer code or a "heads up" or a sneak peek or freebie or anything. Who gets these offer codes then? Is it random or are people selected via facebook or the like?

CC

I have been a customer too, since QVC began!! Granted I don't spend all my hard earned cash on it but over the years I have done my fair share and not to mention my friends and family buy from them too!!?

I have never been Invited to a Beauty Bash and never had special codes or sneaky peaks etc etc...

All seems rather unfair to us faithful customers who been there since year dot!!! :mysmilie_10:

Ideal World have definitely upped their game in my opinion . They offer multi line postage on fashion and beauty ie max £6.99 however much you order and the delivery time is much quicker than QVC . I have bought a lot of their fashion at very good prices unlike QVC which I feel is well overpriced especially brands like Yong Kim . I have also had voucher codes with Ideal World , even £5 off helps towards the postage . I must admit that my main bugbear with shopping telly is postage costs and with QVC if I ordered several items in a fashion show , the postage costs would be extortionate and I could not justify it .

I agree that Ideal World have a lot going for them. The presentations of the products are for the hour, so whilst a little repetitive, it means that you definitely get to hear the information. QVC seem to rush things far too much - I am sure some of the guests must be very frustrated.

There is also more fun and banter with the guests, presenters and models on Ideal World. Yes, they are still selling (and I do wish the presenters wouldn't keep on about what % of the stock is sold... why do we care if 10% is gone - it's hardly panic stations) but they have a but of a laugh doing it. I think QVC had a bit more of this fun in the past but no more, sadly.

They seem to have addressed the burning issue concerning postage quite well compared to QVC. They have a neat thing going with the extension of flexipay to all the items in your basket when you add one product with it. They also have a more recent innovation (well, it's new to me) where you can choose and customise an auto-delivery. No chance of QVC doing such things until/unless they disembark from the Ark!

This year, for me, QVC have really performed poorly. The TSV muck-ups; the customers with ADs being let down; plus their latest beauty faux pas - on BCC night of all nights! - showing a duo on their website and then after it's sold out, not before, they change the details to a single product. Not to mention the dire website and apps... no - not feeling the QVC love these days. I am definitely cutting back on what I buy these days, compared to what I used to spend with them.

I agree that Ideal World have a lot going for them. The presentations of the products are for the hour, so whilst a little repetitive, it means that you definitely get to hear the information. QVC seem to rush things far too much - I am sure some of the guests must be very frustrated.

There is also more fun and banter with the guests, presenters and models on Ideal World. Yes, they are still selling (and I do wish the presenters wouldn't keep on about what % of the stock is sold... why do we care if 10% is gone - it's hardly panic stations) but they have a but of a laugh doing it. I think QVC had a bit more of this fun in the past but no more, sadly.

They seem to have addressed the burning issue concerning postage quite well compared to QVC. They have a neat thing going with the extension of flexipay to all the items in your basket when you add one product with it. They also have a more recent innovation (well, it's new to me) where you can choose and customise an auto-delivery. No chance of QVC doing such things until/unless they disembark from the Ark!

This year, for me, QVC have really performed poorly. The TSV muck-ups; the customers with ADs being let down; plus their latest beauty faux pas - on BCC night of all nights! - showing a duo on their website and then after it's sold out, not before, they change the details to a single product. Not to mention the dire website and apps... no - not feeling the QVC love these days. I am definitely cutting back on what I buy these days, compared to what I used to spend with them.

The auto delivery with IW is brilliant, it runs as long as you want it to, if you miss a drop you just go to your auto account and start it up again. I've just started using the Michael Marcus range and it's brilliant, so I auto delivery for that. You also get 30 day money back guarantee and the price always stays the same its locked in. Apart from the ex Bid presenters on IW, it's a channel that suits my needs best, presentations that aren't rushed or patronising, and I love the fact they're not pretentious or offer food like a few bags of popcorn that cost a weeks shopping for a family, I don't mind them mentioning the stock levels it really doesn't bother me. Their quieter, calmer approach, good cheaper products and low p&p with fast delivery make them my shopping channel of choice for me, one of the reasons I closed my QVC account after 20 years.

I can't get passed some of the new presenters they have employed - they make DF sound classy and that's saying something. I must admit that I wonder at the company ethos when they are happy to employ some of these presenters who I wouldn't trust an inch.

I can't get passed some of the new presenters they have employed - they make DF sound classy and that's saying something. I must admit that I wonder at the company ethos when they are happy to employ some of these presenters who I wouldn't trust an inch.

The ex Bid Tv presenters have dragged IW down as far as presenter go in many people's opinion, this is the one and only thing that pees me off about IW, Peter Simon and Mike Mason are absolutely unbearable to watch.

candycane, I agree there seems to be no logic to Q....I haven't bought from them for a couple of years, and when I did buy previously only spent (at most) a few hundreds and spread over about 3 years. I ordered an expensive ring once, was not impressed when it arrived, didn't like their attitude and sent it back with a snotty letter, getting my money & p&p back. Since then, they've sent me at least one 10% off vouchers with the letter about "we haven't heard from you for a while", yada, yada, and when I ignored the 10% they sent me a 20% one. And yet you've been with them for ages - it's totally barmy. I didn't spend any of my vouchers, because of my previous spat with them. Admittedly, they seem to have finally given up on me(!) - but you'd think if they had any sense at all, they'd keep their long-standing customers happy first.

I too have shopped (a lot) with QVC from day one and I have never had an offer code or a "heads up" or a sneak peek or freebie or anything. Who gets these offer codes then? Is it random or are people selected via facebook or the like?

CC

Most companies seem to try harder and harder to maintain a good customer relationship, knowing they they need to keep us sweet to keep us buying. So why do QVC appear to be doing the opposite? Their service is becoming noticeably slower. I've just called CS to check on an item sent back a week ago that still isn't marked as returned, and have been told it takes about 14 days to process a refund. WHY? No other company is as slow as that, even tiny little single-operator businesses can do it faster. Some, like Amazon, will refund you as soon as they know it's in the post. For the amount that QVC charge for their service, what you actually get is abominable. And, QVC, if you're reading, believe me it's costing you customers. I'm after some new slippers, but given the cost and speed of your dire service, there is no way on Earth I'll be buying them from you! All but one of the other companies I've looked at offer free postage and free returns, and none of them will write aggressive and threatening letters to their customers if they have the temerity to actually return things as you keep telling us to.

An update to the saga of the broken Caci machine I returned to QVC, which took more than 2 weeks to be marked as returned. I waited several days later than that to find that they had processed a refund, because the 'we will keep in touch with you by email' system failed to tell me, it still has not, that the money was credited back to my card, I had to phone to find out.

Compare and contrast M&S, with whom I started shopping online a couple of weeks ago. I returned an item. TWO DAYS later they acknowledged the return and credited my money. Now they have even reduced their minimum spend for FREE P&P from £50 to £30. (I have written the relevant bits IN CAPITALS so that QVC can read and learn. Some hopes!)

Most companies seem to try harder and harder to maintain a good customer relationship, knowing they they need to keep us sweet to keep us buying. So why do QVC appear to be doing the opposite? Their service is becoming noticeably slower. I've just called CS to check on an item sent back a week ago that still isn't marked as returned, and have been told it takes about 14 days to process a refund. WHY? No other company is as slow as that, even tiny little single-operator businesses can do it faster. Some, like Amazon, will refund you as soon as they know it's in the post. For the amount that QVC charge for their service, what you actually get is abominable. And, QVC, if you're reading, believe me it's costing you customers. I'm after some new slippers, but given the cost and speed of your dire service, there is no way on Earth I'll be buying them from you! All but one of the other companies I've looked at offer free postage and free returns, and none of them will write aggressive and threatening letters to their customers if they have the temerity to actually return things as you keep telling us to.

I agree, QVC are the bottom of the ladder as far as I'm concerned, they have the slowest returns, if something is faulty you have to return it taking a month for your replacement from start to finish, the same if there's a piece missing from your order (IW send you the missing piece, it's not rocket science) slowest refunds, can you imagine how many used items and returns are sent out to full price paying customers, auto delivery can only be ordered on one day, the postage is excessive and to top it all, the majority of their goods are well cheaper elsewhere, QVC is like the eighth wonder of the world to me............I wonder why anyone shops with them.

Latest posts

Back