The Dodgy Screenshot thread...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Adam

Registered Shopper
gseTZl.jpg

A sneaky guide price?

9I1EJl.jpg

And another attempt at getting past the rules regarding start / guide prices?

Last edited:
the rrp is only £28.00 and buying it at bid will cost you £27.99 +£7.99 +£1.53 they are such "cheeky buggers "they treat there viewers like they are "thick" shame on you bid !!!!

Laurelle is a total ripoff as it's clearly their own brand so they can set whatever RRP they like but the Agent Provocateur is widely sold at John Lewis and the likes for almost £30 for one bottle so it's not a bad buy. It's one of very, very few actual good buys.

The price did eventually go pretty low, but not quite the "£5" they claim when you add on the postage and call charges:
7lsFfl.jpg

i cant understand how bid can get away with buying loads of unknown products and then making up a mega history for them ie JPD and skin pharmacy,laurelle etc , which are more often than not bullsh*t the thing is presenters must all be given the same script as they all spout the same sh*T sometimes naming large well known chains in and out of this country ,that they say are either stocking the product or are going to in the future surely this is blatent " lying " i wonder why the big chains arent doing anything about being named by them when clearly they have never and have no intention of stocking these products it just goes to show how rubbish some of the stuff is that they are selling if they have to go to such lenghes to sell them. the presenters must be on mega bucks wages for all the fabricating they have to do , come on" presenters " stop leaving your morales and conscience on the bid carpark!!! i cant believe your wage is worth that !!!

i cant understand how bid can get away with buying loads of unknown products and then making up a mega history for them ie JPD and skin pharmacy,laurelle etc , which are more often than not bullsh*t the thing is presenters must all be given the same script as they all spout the same sh*T sometimes naming large well known chains in and out of this country ,that they say are either stocking the product or are going to in the future surely this is blatent " lying " i wonder why the big chains arent doing anything about being named by them when clearly they have never and have no intention of stocking these products it just goes to show how rubbish some of the stuff is that they are selling if they have to go to such lenghes to sell them. the presenters must be on mega bucks wages for all the fabricating they have to do , come on" presenters " stop leaving your morales and conscience on the bid carpark!!! i cant believe your wage is worth that !!!

On the other hand, it's a bit of free advertising for the likes of Debenhams etc. etc. Imagine all the armies of people marching into their stores to 'try out' some of these products, not finding them, but walking out with something better and cheaper.

Bid might be losing out here, may have to rethink :smirk:

I noticed on sunday afternoon, when they were selling the Viking Eco Stepper electric bike (formerly the Viking E-go) that they had a starting price of £1200 on screen. The RRP of this bike is £699, so the starting price makes their selling price of £440 seem much better than it actually is!

Having said that, their price is very good, and one of the few things really worth buying from them. I hate saying that!

Definitely Maybe? Named after the Oasis album? :giggle:

At £5 I can imagine it smells foul

Definitely Maybe? Named after the Oasis album? :giggle:

At £5 I can imagine it smells foul

Anything bid sells for £5 would definitely smell foul. However Lidl sell Suddenly eau de parfum for £4 and it smells exactly like chanel coco mademoiselle and they also sell x-bolt mens eau de toilette for £4 which is just like hugo boss bottled. And of course no £7.99 p&p and £1.53 phone call. The online reviews confirm how good these are.

2rlz0l.png

Are price-drop now doing a game of "Guess the Postage"?
Those Cyclamen plants are selling for £2.99, with the postage and phone cost added on it comes to £12.51 or £4.17 a plant.
That is a reasonable price for a large plant of that quality with 20+ flowers on each one that will brighten up your home this Christmas.

Those Cyclamen plants are selling for £2.99, with the postage and phone cost added on it comes to £12.51 or £4.17 a plant.
That is a reasonable price for a large plant of that quality with 20+ flowers on each one that will brighten up your home this Christmas.

I wasn't taking exception to the price, Peter. :) It's just that the P&P just states "UK P&P £ per item", and that makes no sense.

I can understand people buying a perfume,they know and love, from a shopping channel, if they don't want the faff of hitting the High Street. But who in their right mind would buy a perfume they had never tried, especially on the recommendation of Peter Sherlock who talks as if he is a new best friend to all of us?

I think the term 'expert' is used rather liberally at Bid Shopping.

Don't forget Mike Mason is a sound and electrical expert and James Russell is a watch and gemstone expert too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back