The old chestnut is roasted.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
The old chestnut? P&P charges @ QVC.I like Mally shadow sticks so decided to order 2 of the Velvet sticks which arrived today.The colours are great but the P&P £3.95.Now I know I knew that when I placed the order but they are so small & light a pigeon could have delivered them.I hate to think those doing their Christmas shopping on QVC what the P&P charges add up to.I have placed an order with M&S today 4 items over £50 but delivery next Monday, free.4 items at QVC could have meant around £20 delivery.Sorry to serve up the old chestnut again!

Just ordered £100 worth from Roman Originals got 25% on already discounted tops (code Vip25 on £100 spend) discount and free delivery QVC lag way behind many retailers !!

QVC use the postage to pay for the “free” phone number and all the presenters freebies so it’ll never change, more chance me winning the Lottery five times in a row......ok that’s silly, make that four.

Years ago it only took one presenter to present an hour.
Now nearly every hour there’s at least two doing the presentation - cost of that has to come from somewhere.

:mysmilie_853:

QVC US had free shipping all weekend from Thanksgiving til Monday night. Their shipping charges must be far higher than UK given the distances involved and they still manage toll free phone numbers

Mind you if they had anything I actually wanted to buy I would be the same as everyone else and suck it up! This is said from my ivory tower!

I bought a brand new Kipling pack pack from an eBay shop for under 40 quid free post ordered Sunday night eveived in post yesterday lunchtime. Win win.

There are keen prices, lower to zero p&p faster delivery, and decent customer service to be found elsewhere. For some strange reason there are droves of people who are either blindly loyal to QVC, or just know how to access social media and the QVC website to the exclusion of all other websites... QVC should ride their luck while it lasts.

QVC are getting ridiculous for their p&p. I have been prepared on several occasions to purchase something from them only to discover I'd be paying £5.95 (or more) for p&p. That stopped me dead in my tracks and I didn't proceed with the purchase. I did however buy a Lakeland heated clothes dryer from QVC several months ago and QVC charged £6.95 for postage. What makes this totally outrageous is that Lakeland DON'T charge postage to send these items out. I checked on their website and they send it out with no p&p. It's also sold on Amazon and they too DON'T charge p&p, but QVC do! The presentation on QVC informs you that the item is sent out direct from Lakeland itself, so quite WHY QVC feels the need to slap on £6.95 p&p charges is nothing short of scandalous when Lakeland itself never charge p&p. Tells you all you need to know really!!!!

QVC are showing a Radley bag which I have just bought in a local shop 30% cheaper.There are also reductions on the Radley website with free P&P

I pay £10 a year for next day timed delivery from Selfridges,everything I order from M&S I collect for free from my local store.

I pay £10 a year for next day timed delivery from Selfridges,everything I order from M&S I collect for free from my local store.

Oh my giddy Aunt could you imagine Q doing a whole year for a tenner :mysmilie_50:

They can charge nearly that for picking three different coloured eyeshadows of the same item number off a shelf, pre packaged by the supplier and posting out those.

:mysmilie_11:

Me too Lynn, I pay £9.95 for a years next day delivery from Simply Be and Fashion Plus, doesn't half make a difference. I also pay £8 a month (on average the cost of one delivery from QVC) for Amazon Prime and get all my books, Tv and next day delivery for free.......love it! :mysmilie_3:

Just ordered £100 worth from Roman Originals got 25% on already discounted tops (code Vip25 on £100 spend) discount and free delivery QVC lag way behind many retailers !!

I love Roman stuff but if anybody just wants to order one or two items and doesn`t want to spend £100 then use code TAKE15 at checkout for 15% off anything even sale items. It`s free delivery too.

Your comments prove just a few companies who do deals or free p&p.I tend to use Q for info. then Google to find other sources.These days QVC have very little that is ‘exclusive’, unless it is a really good value TSV with the P&P factored in,you want something on EZPs, or use & return ( as I did recently, but that cost around £10!)then I would buy elsewhere.My Mally eyeshadow sticks are a one off, will hardly keep Q in business!

I submitted a favourable review on the Mally eyeshadow sticks but made a comment about the P&P costs.Surprise it has been rejected!

I bought an electric bike, it was obviously large and heavy, but this had free PP (but sent direct from makers).

Submitted a detailed review, all positive, including commenting on the free PP and the 3 EPs, but it was rejected.

Latest posts

Back