The One Show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Surely, as you are suggesting, if I did make it up, why would I have picked the one show I've never seen a full episode of it and can't really comment on what they actually do..[/QUOTE

I am not saying you are making it up. I just found it odd that they only seem to have contacted two people but by totally different methods. I also find it odd that neither of you suggested them coming to this website forum. If I was asked and was busy the first thing I would suggest is this place. None of the above is accusing you of lying.

PJ

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

I am not saying you are making it up. I just found it odd that they only seem to have contacted two people but by totally different methods. I also find it odd that neither of you suggested them coming to this website forum. If I was asked and was busy the first thing I would suggest is this place. None of the above is accusing you of lying.

When you find something odd it's a suspicion and would mean you don't (fully) believe me/ us. Actually, they last place I would suggest them come to would be an online forum especially when they are looking at specific incidents. No point having a programme full of opinions as bid could just as easily get 20 major fans.

When you find something odd it's a suspicion and would mean you don't (fully) believe me/ us. Actually, they last place I would suggest them come to would be an online forum especially when they are looking at specific incidents. No point having a programme full of opinions as bid could just as easily get 20 major fans.

I would say this is the perfect place as most if not all are customers some in favour more against but mostly customers which is what they want. I think most people would be at least suspicious that only two people were contacted that we know of and there are many a complainant on this forum including myself who could have been and one was contacted by the ASA and the other by the show direct. If I had said all this are you telling me you would just accept this?

If I had said all this are you telling me you would just accept this?

Yes as I'd never think somebody would be so sad to lie about something so silly

Yes as I'd never think somebody would be so sad to lie about something so silly

OK then you don't want to put them in touch with this forum but would you please pass on their contact details to me as I am a customer, a complainant and unlike you have the time to be interviewed :)

When this programme airs I do hope that Peter Simon is featured on it, he seems rather keen to get back on the BBC.

Did anything ever become of this programme? Maybe they canned the idea because Ofcom don't appear to have taken any further action.

Did anything ever become of this programme? Maybe they canned the idea because Ofcom don't appear to have taken any further action.
I was half watching and thought I heard them say Peter Simon but it might have been mountain climbing. Old age = bad hearing. :p Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

Thought I'd add my comment to this post as it seemed the most appropriate...but yesterday watching Guy Kean, you would have thought that the multi tool thingumyjig he was selling was £4.99 all in as not once did he mention any of the extra charges. It was a leap right back to the "good old days" ...er not! Where can you get something like this for a fiver? It's a fiver for God's sake...you get the jist. All I can suppose is that buy rounding the price up a penny to a fiver he thinks he's being more than fair!

What is going on here? I was pretty glad that they didn't appear to get a hefty fine, that they obviously didn't get closed down - but after getting away with it seemingly scott free the very least they could do is try and comply with the rules set down for them, and one of them quite clearly was not to pretend the extra charges don't exist!

Seems like my hibernation continues. I have been promised a wake up call nearly four months ago. Oh well *snore*

PJ

It's increasingly looking more like a Non Show than The One Show :mysmilie_59:

It's increasingly looking more like a Non Show than The One Show :mysmilie_59:

Haha you are so right. In honour of your pun I feel it is the right time to bring out a ...

image-1536119294.jpg

PJ

I know the people who have been contacted by hmm who was it again, oh yes one person by the show and the other by ASA are busy but have they any more news for us, I know I am literally dashing home for the one show jut in case and I am sure others are so any news would be gratefully received :)

I know the people who have been contacted by hmm who was it again, oh yes one person by the show and the other by ASA are busy but have they any more news for us, I know I am literally dashing home for the one show jut in case and I am sure others are so any news would be gratefully received :)

Too right, I'm exhausted from all this dashing back :sweat:

I don't visit this forum much these days. This is an email I received last November

"Hi Ben,

So sorry for the delay in getting back to you. It’s certainly a story we are still interested in – but we have no fixed plans at the moment.

Please do let me know if there are any developments or you hear of any more problems.

Cheers"

I don't visit this forum much these days. This is an email I received last November

"Hi Ben,

So sorry for the delay in getting back to you. It’s certainly a story we are still interested in – but we have no fixed plans at the moment.

Please do let me know if there are any developments or you hear of any more problems.

Cheers"

Thanks for the update Benny, we'll wait and see

Latest posts

Back