Tiana B

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why are all the models - and Julia Roberts - wearing dresses which look two sizes too small.
Julia's dress probably is.............................she likes to wear the smaller sizes.................whether it fits or not.

Yes I caught the beginning of the hour.

Sigh, when will some women learn that you look slimmer wearing a larger size that fits you correctly, rather than a smaller size that is too tight.

Just because it has that much stretch doesn't mean it has to be stretched that much... i'm always wary as to whether the dresses they wear are going to rip if they make any sudden movements!

my God whatever does julia look like, I really wish I could get the gist of this tweeting, I would have to say, pop off in the break and look in a mirror, what a sight, fat bulging everywhere.

These dresses are small made! They need to go up a size. I bought one in florida in BJ s for $ 9.99. Had to go up 2 sizes.

She just said she is wearing a 12!!! Well ****** hell, she should be in a 14 then. She looks pregnant. I do not know how some of the presenters can bear to wear this range. It made Jilly look as if she was about to drop on one show I saw. Horrific. It does the range no favours either.

I agree. She will insist on wearing things that are far too small. Why not wear the size that fits properly regardless of the label size. Unfortunately she looked atrocious.

A customer tip from this range - the size 12 bust is very generous but the fabric across the stomach just OK. So a size 10 fits a 38 bust (me) but no fabric across the stomach so it makes me look pregnant (OK I have a big stomach which isn't the designer's fault). I would suggest that maybe they do a more generous fit over the stomach when fitting sizes on the bust. I do find it a lot with Q fashion when it fits in the bust it is way too skimpy on the middle and when it fits on the middle it's huge on the bust. Maybe it's just me but surely I'm not the only reasonably sized person that just doesn't want to display my big stomach.

I have seen Julia look ridiculous in things that are clearly too small. Jilly does tend to wear her size but that doesn't mean to say it fits or flatters.

CC

The QVC "fitting room" app should give QVC enough information, surely?

Here we all are... well a significant number of us QVC customers anyway... women of a certain age. What happens to us all seems to be the increasing waist size as middle-aged spread sets in. I put my measurements in the fitting room feature (cruel to myself, and my ego, but it had to be done). I was up to a 2XL in some ranges just on waistline alone. If I left that as if I wasn't portly around the midriff and put my true bust and/hips in, I was in a size L (and on occasion even a size M). I'll admit, I do generally get the size L and it's fine most of the time...and no, I don't bother with shape wear. I think in real life the size Julia puts on may well look OK. But she's going on camera, which to be kind adds on 10lbs in weight, so it wouldn't be a disaster if she went up a size. I bet the real reason she doesn't is because they tend to only supply clothes in a size S for models, a few mediums for the hanging rail, and only XL or 2XL when they've booked a "plus size" model (hate that euphemism).

No idea why Julia insists on constantly squeezing herself into clothes that are at least a size too small & the amount of times she has sat there informing us that the model is having to wear the 'medium' because she has pinched the 'small' to wear I couldn't even begin to count....!

:mysmilie_514:

I think it may be her 'influence' that makes her insist she needs the small to wear.....!

:mysmilie_845:

Heh - and when she hears colleagues asking in the canteen for the vegetarian sausage, she'll be thinking they are ordering lunch, not referring to her appearance in whatever brand she's dressed in for a "fashion" show :mysmilie_17:

Quite frankly, Julia has looked a ****** disaster in everything she's worn over the past few years, from the toe posts upwards. Its almost as though being in her 50's has addled her brain into menopausal mush ! Aside from the belly area (which has been discussed at length in other threads), she needs to stop wearing sleeveless evening frocks on the B & W shows. None of us can escape the crinkly skin that comes with age, ok she may feel comfortable with it, - but would she feel as comfortable exposing her tum in a bikini ? I doubt it.

Julia should realise it's really ok to say the words "I'm a size 16" after all would she be able to squeeze those chesticles in anything less.

I heard Julia state on a recent Butler and Wilson show that at her age she has thickened around the middle despite doing Pilates.Thats just how it is she said.

At the time she was wearing one of Simons tops and it was huge and shapeless .So I thought at last she's being honest about her shape ,but now i think she was saying it to sell an obviously ill fitting garment.

If she means it you would think she would avoid the stretchy dresses or at least insist on a better fit.The plus model looks frankly horrendous in some of the dresses. Because they are too small the length rises up showing her legs to the thighs almost.She should insist on getting a correct fitting.

Latest posts

Back