Tova Borgnine has passed away

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It is very sad,she did look extremely frail. At peace now. Debbie will be so upset,such a shame😔
Debbie Flett really seemed to have a mother-daughter relationship with Tova.
As HM the Queen once said "grief is the price we pay for love". I am sure those closest to Tova will be feeling that greatly at present.
All the eloquence and lovely tributes Tova received appear to be well-deserved. No doubt she had a public persona, but I think it wasn't far from who she was in private.

Will has also said some beautiful things on his blog and there's a link to a podcast from 2019.

Thank you for that. I see Debbie Flint's mate Sharon in there. She managed a much nicer tribute to Tova.
If DFlint didn't really like Tova, perhaps it would have been better not to write anything at all?
Tova could probably see what a crass, uncouth, self-obsessed and superficial person Freebie is, and as lacking in self-awareness Flintie may be, she no doubt picked-up on that.

Do we know if Tova had been ill?
She did have flu last year.

“Tova Borgnine passed away at the age of 80 years, on February 26, 2022. She was having some health problems and had minor illnesses last year. In November 2021, she shared the news of her health and revealed that she caught the weather flu. She has had her share of past illnesses and health problems. Borgnine won the battle against breast cancer. She is a cancer survivor as per her profile on Beauty By Tova."

The podcast with Will Gowling was an absolute delight to listen to and really accentuates the sense of what a genuinely lovely, and authentic person Tova was. 💕 Will is such a gentle,respectful and sensitive interviewer and only interrupts with questions that the listeners would want him o ask. It's like hearing her relating her stories on Q, without some screechy presenter interrupting to tell us to "jump to the phone" or "tap the app" because this is now "limited stock" and to remember we get "half price P&P on multiple quantities sent to the same address". :rolleyes:

The podcast with Will Gowling was an absolute delight to listen to and really accentuates the sense of what a genuinely lovely, and authentic person Tova was. 💕 Will is such a gentle,respectful and sensitive interviewer and only interrupts with questions that the listeners would want him o ask. It's like hearing her relating her stories on Q, without some screechy presenter interrupting to tell us to "jump to the phone" or "tap the app" because this is now "limited stock" and to remember we get "half price P&P on multiple quantities sent to the same address". :rolleyes:
Couldn't agree more!
I watched/listened to an interview on YouTube with someone who knew Ernie an Tova, and was interviewing them as a couple. The warmth of the interview and rapport between interviewer and interviewee was as plain as here. Will's style was less saccharine than the American's (Dr Barbara Gross, 2005 from memory) so very British. Really lovely. She credited Ernie with being a great raconteur, but I think she had that gift too.

Tova's Team are planning a memorial that will be live streamed.
274869223_10159996452518432_8499718925150530157_n.jpg

"Elegance is when the inside is as beautiful as the outside."
- Coco Chanel

I wanted to keep everyone updated, we will be having a Memorial Service in Celebration of Tova, we are arranging to have this celebration Live Streamed so all of her family and friends around the world may join. I will post details as we finalize.
We have received an outpouring of requests for In Memory Donations this last week and I am honored to announce that we have partnered with two organizations that Tova was deeply rooted in supporting.
In Memory Donations may be made to:
United States Navy Memorial https://donorbox.org/tova-borgnine
The United States Navy Memorial's mission is to Honor, recognize and Celebrate the men and women of the Sea Services, past, present and future; And inform the public about their services. The Navy Memorial was a passion for Tova and Ernie, as an Admiral explained it best "They are woven in the fabric of the Memorial".
Cancer+Careers: http://www.cancerandcareers.org/donate
Cancer+Careers empowers and educates people with Cancer to thrive in their workplace, by providing expert advice, interactive tools and educational tools. As a Breast Cancer survivor, Tova was passionate about organizations that lifted and supported those with cancer as well as research.
Tova's Family and I kindly ask that you please notate In Memory of Tova Borgnine when making donations so we may send a card of thanks.
As Tova lived her life not just with beauty and elegance but also grace, her kindness and efforts to serve humanity ranged from individuals to organizations from Cancer to Animal Conservancy to Homelessness to our Service People. She shared and gave with an open heart.
With love,
Michele

A lovely tribute from Ali Keenan here
Lovely to read especially to learn how much Tova supported Alison during her illness. That kind support from another female who has undergone a similar experience, I’m sure would have been so what Alison needed at that time. And then Alison able to help Tova when Ernie died, must have really brought them together as true friends.

Charlie also left a nice little comment on his blog:

You may have heard this week, the very sad news of the passing of Tova. I, like many, have the most wonderful memories to cherish. We had many a magical show together during which Tova told the most fantastic stories of her life with Ernie and Hollywood. We will all miss her dearly and our thoughts are with her family, friends and all those who knew and loved her.

Latest posts

Back