Tova Borgnine has passed away

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tova had mentioned on one of her last visits that she had been recovering from covid which was probably why she looked frail and I admired her resilience to make the journey here. How sad that she has gone, but there are some lovely tributes from people who had the privilege of meeting her personally. Has Julia written anything yet?

It’s really so sad, that it’s when a person like Tova dies, that people only then write so many lovely things.
But I think in Tova, we all really knew before she died, what a lovely special and very caring person she was.
She will never be forgotten and will live peacefully on, in so many peoples memories.

Alison Young has paid a very moving tribute today, she said the post had taken so long to do as she has been in such shock and sadness and is crying 😢 writing it.❤️
I wondered why AY had been quiet and that explains things. It must have really hit her hard.

Tova had mentioned on one of her last visits that she had been recovering from covid which was probably why she looked frail and I admired her resilience to make the journey here. How sad that she has gone, but there are some lovely tributes from people who had the privilege of meeting her personally. Has Julia written anything yet?
I didn't realise she'd been over during the pandemic and thought she was Zoomed in, both here and on OVC US. The cause of death has been cited as natural causes.

I'm still quite shocked that she's gone as she was so vibrant and full of life. I really did expect her to go on into her 90s and as Ali K said, she never referred to her age and I don't think it was a vanity thing, it was more to do with the drive to keep on going.

Love this photo from AY's instagram
FNVtxbsWYAYU5Dv

Thank you!!
Clearly written by someone deeply touched by Tova in life an death.

I know we often have harsh words for their on screen antics; Tova's passing has given us a reminder that they are flesh and blood, and feel keenly the sorrow of losing a friend.

I reckon many of us would have loved to have Tova as a friend. Some people just naturally draw you in with warmth, kindness and generosity. It sounds like Tova was one of those special souls. I think we all know we are lucky when we have those special souls in our lives. When they go, the light isn't quite so bright any more.

From Tova's Facebook page:

To Tova’s dearest,
As I sit here today looking through photos on her iPad, I am coming across moments and memories that I will be sharing with you over time. It has been an emotional week for myself and the TOVA Team, the outpouring of your Tributes, memories and love of Tova has been such an immense uplifting power. From all of us, Thank You. We know Tova is sparkling in Heaven and looking upon us with love and smiles.
Love,
Michele

And from beautyindependent.com

Surmounting enormous skepticism about her ability to sell Tova Beverly Hills’ fragrances via television, Borgnine flourished on QVC because she could rivetingly capture them with her words. A spokeswoman for QVC says, “Tova was a beauty icon, an accomplished businesswoman, and a true visionary with incredible talent and passion. She was one of the pioneering brands to have sold fragrance through our live video commerce platforms 30 years ago and has been captivating and inspiring QVC customers around the world ever since. We are so honored to have known and loved her.”

Michele Uram, COO of Tova Beverly Hills, says television shopping gave Tova Beverly Hills a broad reach for its accessible products. “Tova has always felt that every person should be able to enjoy the benefits of luxury quality beauty products at a price that’s attainable,” says Uram. On QVC, she continues, “Customers could feel the emotion of the products and what they were going to make you feel like when you wear them. That’s a very difficult thing to do. Tova was one of the most amazing storytellers. She literally takes you on a journey when she speaks about her story and memories of her life.”

In advance of her death, Uram says she (Tova) made sure there was a succession plan in place. Uram will be assuming leadership of the brand and is busy prepping for its future. She divulges skincare products are in the pipeline. “Cactus is still very untapped for products, and it’s something we are a leader in,” says Uram.

A tribute from Dale:

I couldn’t wrap up this blog without paying tribute to the wonderful Tova Borgnine, who so very sadly passed away at the end of February.

Dale-2-1536x853.jpg

Tova, who was of course famously married to the love of her life, the late great Oscar-winning actor Ernest Borgnine, was also an extremely hardworking, dedicated and successful award-winning businesswoman.

I first had the pleasure of working with Tova back in 1999 and we hit it off immediately and went on to work together on many many shows over the following two decades.

I will always remember and cherish her warmth, charm, elegance and friendship as I know will also many reading this today. She was, as I often introduced her as, “Hollywood Royalty” and in this month of Inspirational Women at QVC she is especially remembered by us all.

As a consummate professional, Tova would undoubtedly say with a graceful wave , “the show must go on”, and so it must!

A tribute from Dale:

I couldn’t wrap up this blog without paying tribute to the wonderful Tova Borgnine, who so very sadly passed away at the end of February.

Dale-2-1536x853.jpg

Tova, who was of course famously married to the love of her life, the late great Oscar-winning actor Ernest Borgnine, was also an extremely hardworking, dedicated and successful award-winning businesswoman.

I first had the pleasure of working with Tova back in 1999 and we hit it off immediately and went on to work together on many many shows over the following two decades.

I will always remember and cherish her warmth, charm, elegance and friendship as I know will also many reading this today. She was, as I often introduced her as, “Hollywood Royalty” and in this month of Inspirational Women at QVC she is especially remembered by us all.

As a consummate professional, Tova would undoubtedly say with a graceful wave , “the show must go on”, and so it must!
I’m guessing here but perhaps that picture maybe from one of the last times Tova was at QVC 🥰😢

There is a good article in the New York Times about Tova. I've trued to copy the link and the contents but phone won't play nicely. I'll try later today on another device. If someone beats me to it, great thank you.

Still find it hard to believe she won't be gracing us with her presence and glamorous tales of far off places anymore.

Some lovely pics in the DM article and her features didn't change over the years.
I don’t know about Tova just bringing her jewellery to QVC I think its such a shame we also didn’t get to see some of her wardrobe, looking so glamorous and very well put together in those pictures.

Latest posts

Back