Tweak'd TSV - Beauty Weekend 28/01/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I haven’t watched much, as I can’t bear Dennis (or his bliddy mom)
His voice grates, and he seems to have trouble standing still. He always uses models with thick, coloured/bleached course hair. It’s easy for a hairdresser to get a ginormous bouncy blow dry on that type of hair, no matter what product is used. As Merryone said, those styles look ridiculous (very American!) and certainly can’t be achieved on thin fine hair. A hairdressing colleague of mine in the 70s/80s had a client who she always said has got ‘two hairs and a nit’ and expected to leave the salon looking like Farrah Fawcett Majors!

I don't mind the accent* but I find I can't really tell what each product does; there's always half a dozen items that claim to boost volume. Which one is The One? It's only trial and error that helps me find which products work. These days I don't order many QVC items on the off-chance that they'll suit me. I like the Rise and shine range - the scrub, shampoo and conditioner; I prowl around ebay for a bargain when I need more.
However I have gone for the TSV because I'm always on the look out for something to replace Wen, which was just perfect for my hair (fine, baby soft, poker straight but lots of it.). I'll report back if this is it!
I've never been afraid to return stuff but I return things very quickly because I usually know straightaway if something isn't going to work for me. That said most hair products get overused; less is more otherwise my hair gets weighed-down. I bought a couple of items today from the clearance pages that I'd saved in my basket, free postage makes a big difference on a reduced item. Free postage and easy-pay is a tempter for many shoppers; I hope they realise those Beauty Days of old boosted sales and keep them coming.

* I lost my sister and nephew in the past few years and they had similar accents without to slow Denis drawl. Sister lived there since the 70s and nephew was born there; I miss hearing their accent so I can cut Denis a bit of slack. I just wish I could decipher which product to buy.

Well I'm glad I ordered this; a fairly rare QVC purchase for me these days.

I went for the Green Tea option and it does smell very much like the Almond Mint version of Wen. It also does "lather" with added water and combs through my hair without the need for extra conditioner. I use less of this than I would with Wen but maybe that's just because it's a thicker consistency (less water content). This is a fair replacement for Wen if you're missing Wen. I'll probably look out for bargains on ebay as it's not exactly cheap at the current non-TSV price of £95 plus postage.
I'll still use other products because I get bored and my hair seems to respond to change.

Latest posts

Back