• 1 x Lip Protection SPF 30 (4.8g) RRP £8 + post
Total RRP £92 + post

Sports option:
  • 1 x Sports Gel SPF 30 (200ml) RRP £26 + post
  • 1 x Sports Spray SPF 50 (150ml) RRP £28 + post
  • 1 x Pre-Sun Tan Activator (150ml) RRP £24 + post
  • 1 x Lip Protection SPF 30 (4.8g) RRP £8 + post

Total RRP £86 + post
Sorry about not doing ml for ml, hectic week due to downsizing.

How do they get away with it? I always thought QVC was one of the better shopping channels! Certainly had my eyes opened.

How do they get away with it? I always thought QVC was one of the better shopping channels! Certainly had my eyes opened.
I think this has been a real eye opener…. Like others, I always thought QVC’s massive buying power got the good deals, but It appears that isn’t always the case…. Two big companies, Elemis and Ultrasun have now been caught out…. flogging old stock while encouraging multiple purchases, and still harping on about a shelf life of 3 years unopened.
Suncare in particular can save you from skin cancer. And this woman who constantly lectures us all on how important it is in in fact flogging stuff that’s 4 years old…
I am currently working my way through my stash, in date order……. And once i’m at the stage where I need to buy more I’m going to be looking very carefully at where I buy my products… and which companies I use.
QVC does have some good bargains. But I won’t buy anything to stash anymore, you simply can’t rely on it to be fresh.

I think this has been a real eye opener…. Like others, I always thought QVC’s massive buying power got the good deals, but It appears that isn’t always the case…. Two big companies, Elemis and Ultrasun have now been caught out…. flogging old stock while encouraging multiple purchases, and still harping on about a shelf life of 3 years unopened.
Suncare in particular can save you from skin cancer. And this woman who constantly lectures us all on how important it is in in fact flogging stuff that’s 4 years old…
I am currently working my way through my stash, in date order……. And once i’m at the stage where I need to buy more I’m going to be looking very carefully at where I buy my products… and which companies I use.
QVC does have some good bargains. But I won’t buy anything to stash anymore, you simply can’t rely on it to be fresh.
Put me off but time!!

I could not agree more, I have managed to resist buying anything from Q this year and that's unusual for me considering we have had two elemis tsvs and an LE superskin one, would not pay Ultrasun prices although I appreciate how important sun protection is, and certainly will not be buying old stock from Q. Whilst I hate to see any business struggle, I hope Q get the message over selling old stock if their sales suffer enough but I doubt it

As I said on the Elemis TSV post, QVC want 30,000 units for TSVs the companies stopped most of their productions during lockdown moved to do handwashes, sanitizers etc. QVC still want their TSVs, so the companies will have quite a bit still in their warehouses unsold since before lockdown and shops closed. So will supply to QVC to make profits.

With regards to Ultrasun, I saw a post elsewhere about the batch codes and the year of manufacture. The poster had contacted Ultrasun and it transpires that some of the batch code sites aren’t correct.

Apparently with Ultrasun, a batch code ending in -44 was manufactured in 2019. If it ends in -45 it was manufactured in 2020 and if it ends in -46 it was in 2021 ….. and so on.

The month of January is an A, February is B through to December which is M instead of L. This is so there is no confusion with September which is the letter i

They also confirmed that any product manufactured from November 2019 has no shelf life as such because of the stability of the formula but they should be used within two years of opening.

i wonder if anyone else is as confused as I am? 😂

With regards to Ultrasun, I saw a post elsewhere about the batch codes and the year of manufacture. The poster had contacted Ultrasun and it transpires that some of the batch code sites aren’t correct.

Apparently with Ultrasun, a batch code ending in -44 was manufactured in 2019. If it ends in -45 it was manufactured in 2020 and if it ends in -46 it was in 2021 ….. and so on.

The month of January is an A, February is B through to December which is M instead of L. This is so there is no confusion with September which is the letter i

They also confirmed that any product manufactured from November 2019 has no shelf life as such because of the stability of the formula but they should be used within two years of opening.

i wonder if anyone else is as confused as I am? 😂
You got me at the first batch

I’ve just checked my face fluid again. Its batch code is -44 M so was manufactured in December 2019. According to what Ultrasun say, unopened it hasn’t got a“use by”date because of the new formula they started using in November 2019. Now it’s opened I’ve got to use it within 2 years. It will be used up well before that.

It would a lot easier if they put the actual date of manufacture and the use by date on the products, like they do for medication, rather than bizarre “codes.”

I’ve just checked my face fluid again. Its batch code is -44 M so was manufactured in December 2019. According to what Ultrasun say, unopened it hasn’t got a“use by”date because of the new formula they started using in November 2019. Now it’s opened I’ve got to use it within 2 years. It will be used up well before that.

It would a lot easier if they put the actual date of manufacture and the use by date on the products, like they do for medication, rather than bizarre “codes.”
Much easier, but then we would all know it was old stock wouldn’t we?…

Latest posts

Back