Ultrasun TSV 29/03/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

wonderful just what I need
I got the TSV and checked my batch codes on the checkfresh website. They came up with dates from 20/21. I contacted Ultrasun and this was their response:

Thank you for getting in touch. We have very recently had notification from our Swiss HQ that due to new research and corresponding findings all of our sun protection and after sun products with a batch code that begins 44L(November 2019) or later are stable until after they’ve been opened and therefore don’t have a ‘shelf life’. However, once they’ve been opened they must be used within the PAO (period after opening) symbol shown on the packaging (24 months on most products). I would suggest you write on the bottle when you open it so you know you have 2 years from that date.

Your batch codes were manufactured in:-

48B0082 = February 2023
47M0225 = December 2022
48A0035 = January 2023

So as was previously mentioned, there's no shelf life for anything manufactured after 2019 if unopened. Interesting that checkfresh were completely wrong.

I got the TSV and checked my batch codes on the checkfresh website. They came up with dates from 20/21. I contacted Ultrasun and this was their response:

Thank you for getting in touch. We have very recently had notification from our Swiss HQ that due to new research and corresponding findings all of our sun protection and after sun products with a batch code that begins 44L(November 2019) or later are stable until after they’ve been opened and therefore don’t have a ‘shelf life’. However, once they’ve been opened they must be used within the PAO (period after opening) symbol shown on the packaging (24 months on most products). I would suggest you write on the bottle when you open it so you know you have 2 years from that date.

48B0082 = February 2023
47M0225 = December 2022
48A0035 = January 2023

So as was previously mentioned, there's no shelf life for anything manufactured after 2019 if unopened. Interesting that checkfresh were completely wrong.
So are the dates above the dates for the stock from your tsv? Sorry if this is obtuse.

48B0082 = February 2023
47M0225 = December 2022
48A0035 = January 2023

Thanks for this. It is still ‘old’ stock in my book😀.

This is all so ****** confusing….why can’t they just have best fore dates like food, that is totally clear and transparent and we would all know where we are….
If a bottle of Ultrasun was manufactured in 2019, that is still old stock..and I’m not sure I totally believe their spiel about not having a shelf life. I’m not buying it from QVC anymore… don’t trust them. I will get a new supply each spring from somewhere more reliable.

My two bottles that were manufactured in 2019 are definitely old stock. However, as they were produced in December 2019 they’re stock that apparently has no “sell by date.” I’m already half way through one of the bottles and, as yet, my skin hasn’t fallen off so I guess mine are alright ….. so far. 🤞

No, your face will not fall off, but, you will not get the SPF it says on the packaging. It is put forward that, even unopened, your sun cream will lose its effectiveness. So not even worth using it.

I was joking when I said that 😉 but I am aware of the fact that the efficacy will be diminished. That’s one reason why I don’t buy the huge bottles/tubes or sets because they’d all be out of date by the time that I started to use them. I usually buy single SPF items for that reason, barring the face fluid duo that I got this year.

I was joking when I said that 😉 but I am aware of the fact that the efficacy will be diminished. That’s one reason why I don’t buy the huge bottles/tubes or sets because they’d all be out of date by the time that I started to use them. I usually buy single SPF items for that reason, barring the face fluid duo that I got this year.
That’s what I found. Used to buy the big sets with the 400ml bottles, but it Would sit in the cupboard for 18months then once opened it lasted two years… so if it was already old stock, the efficacy was greatly diminished.
Im just buying single bottles from now on. Not worth the risk of serious skin damage and skin cancer.

I cannot believe that Abi Cleeve has the gall to lecture us all about caring for our skin, all the time knowing about the old stock. She claims that the effective ingredient does not lose its efficacy as quickly as high street brands do, but I’m not at all confident with that claim. If said ingredient is so good why don’t all sun care manufacturers use it ?

Latest posts

Back