VAX TSV Again!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Perhaps I'm the only person around interested in this TSV :giggle: but we had lots of new carpets fitted late last year and have been threatening to buy a Vax ever since to try and start as we mean to go on IYKWIM! Is this a good deal do we reckon? Going to have a quick flick onto Vax's website and see what they're offering. The thing that attracts me about this one is the handheld dry vac which would be really useful for the stairs. The GTech sweeper I bought a while ago is fab for picking up dropped cereal etc on the floors but whatever the demos claimed it is rubbsquish on the stairs...

MTIA :up:

Helooo (echo echo) :giggle:

Ok so I am the only one interested, perhaps everybody else has been lulled to sleep by this TSV? Well I've gone for it, hoping it'll be useful to get rid of baby sick (nice). Will report back (if anyone's interested? :sleepy: )

Artdeco i dont have this particular VAX but i do have a different model purchased from Argos a few years ago. I think they are great at removing stains and dirt from the carpet but i wouldnt be too hasty to start doing it as the quality has deteriorated after even infrequent use. Im sure i read on here that the cleaning process removes the scotch guard or whatever it is in the carpet and this does seem to be the case. By all means buy but for now on your new carpets i would stick with spot cleaning.

It's certainly worth checking the Vax site. I got a Vax carpet cleaner direct from Vax for £59.99, reduced from £120, a couple of years ago. From what I remember, it was a 'Spring deal.' Admittedly it didn't have a hand held cleaner but I think it was still a good buy. I bought it because when I moved into my house, which has cream carpets, I wanted to get rid of the smell of dog. It certainly did that although the water was grey, rather than black, so the carpets weren't that dirty. However, I now tend to spot clean them, but at least the Vax is there for the annual 'spring clean.'

I agree with the original poster though. Some of the TSVs are far too 'samey.' It's either steam cleaners, carpet shampooers, vacuum cleaners, laptops, computers, tablets, cameras ........... the list goes on, so I rarely bother to watch QVC nowadays unless it's something I'm interested in or unless the show features different products (rather than a solid hour on the same sort of thing.)

But at least I've saved a fortune because QVC boredom has set in. :wink:

Artdeco i dont have this particular VAX but i do have a different model purchased from Argos a few years ago. I think they are great at removing stains and dirt from the carpet but i wouldnt be too hasty to start doing it as the quality has deteriorated after even infrequent use. Im sure i read on here that the cleaning process removes the scotch guard or whatever it is in the carpet and this does seem to be the case. By all means buy but for now on your new carpets i would stick with spot cleaning.

We were told the same thing years ago when these carpet washers started to flood the market.

Helooo (echo echo) :giggle:

Ok so I am the only one interested, perhaps everybody else has been lulled to sleep by this TSV? Well I've gone for it, hoping it'll be useful to get rid of baby sick (nice). Will report back (if anyone's interested? :sleepy: )

Kind offer, but no thanks AD, otherwise I might need to buy one! :sweat::puke:

Bought this carpet cleaner from argos last year £129.99 and u got a full size bottle of liquid ( which u dont with qvc) aswell as the two smaller bottles. The TSV is over priced as the hand held cleaner looks pretty rubbish

Yes, there is never any mention about the removal of scotchguarding when cleaning. I learnt this lesson very quickly years ago, when hiring a carpet cleaner. The carpets were fantastically clean after immediate cleaning, BUT they got dirty again in super quick time soon after. So I've gone down the professional cleaning route ever since, because the scotch guard is reapplied professionally afterwards.

l would also like to know WHERE ON EARTH do you house these megamonstrosities ? they need a garden shed of their own to live in !

Latest posts

Back