Vitamix - weight?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Chrissi

Registered Shopper
Bit of a random question, but I was wondering if any of you had a Vitamix and could let me know the rough weight of it? I am wanting to order one from Le Q, I am pretty certain I will love it, but just in case I don't, I want to know before I order if it's going to cost me a packet to return it. I know we can now use Hermes for returns, but basically is it heavy enough for Le Q to send someone to pick it up?

Sorry, I haven't got one but I always thought if the item was over a certain weight then QVC would arrange the collection from you if you rang CS. Then again, that could have changed years ago as the No. 1 Shopping Channel explores all areas to reduce costs and boost profits!

I am about 99.9% positive that the Q will send a courier to collect it. Check with CS.

I bought the Omniblend which does everything the Vitamix does, is £100 cheaper and slightly smaller so it fits on the worktop under my top kitchen units. It weighs just under 8lb 8oz or whatever that is in kilos. I've had it a few months and use it daily - an excellent buy. Can't help with Vitamix weight - sorry.

Ideal World

Just weighed it 5.2kgs, that is without the heavy cookbook and the smoothie flask thing and the packaging.
I love mine and use it virtually every day but I do wonder if I should have bought a blendtec from Ideal world. They are substantially cheaper. They may not last as long but often technology changes and I may want updated equipment at some point.
The only problem I could see with the blendtec is that it has plastic buttons to press and I wondered if the plastic might wear, the Vit has lovely switches to flick and dials to turn. Also the Vit does not fit under the work surface with its jug on whilst the blendtec does. Because the Vit is narrow at the base I can whip a really small amount of double cream in it.

Pretty sure Q will collect as it is high value and heavy - why not give the award winning customer service team a ring to confirm.

The book that comes with the blender is heavy too - so I'm sure you'll be at the limit for Q to arrange collection.

I LOVE mine - it is noisy but I keep mine out permanently on a wooden chopping block with a silicon mat which really helps to absorb the vibrations.

It'll fit under a cupboard by storing the jug next to the blender rather than on top - simples.

Not sure if you can find the exact model but if you have a look on any of the amazon sites uk/us especially they have the shipping weight of all the items they sell and also the dimensions. I often use the sites if purchasing from eBay sellers and want to check postage costs. Hope it helps

I love my vitamix too ....i make loads of smoothies .....mainly choccy ones but with spinach ...banana and pear almond milk ....ice .....yummy ....a bit of coco powder :mysmilie_50:

You won't regret buying it - I use it every day, sometimes as often as three times.
I must admit it is a wee bit irritating that it won't fit under the countertop with its lid on. However, since it actually spends most of its life upside down on the draining board, it isn't a major quibble.

The only other down side I can think of, is that it shouldn't be put in the dishwasher - so I urge you to wash it up immediately after use. Letting it sit dirty, even if for only 5 mins, makes the washing up more hassle!

You won't regret buying it - I use it every day, sometimes as often as three times.
I must admit it is a wee bit irritating that it won't fit under the countertop with its lid on. However, since it actually spends most of its life upside down on the draining board, it isn't a major quibble.

The only other down side I can think of, is that it shouldn't be put in the dishwasher - so I urge you to wash it up immediately after use. Letting it sit dirty, even if for only 5 mins, makes the washing up more hassle!

I've found a fab way to get it to sparkle again ...after a while it does become a little dull in the container .....bottle of white vinegar diluted ...to the top .....I'm so thrilled as it looks good as new:mysmilie_8:

Latest posts

Back