Watching QVC via mobile phone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

saintslad

Registered Shopper
I hope someone can help here. When watching the main QVC channel on my mobile I seem to have set it so the product number and description is not shown, but it does on the other channels. Anyone know I how I can change this back?
Thanks in advance.

I hope someone can help here. When watching the main QVC channel on my mobile I seem to have set it so the product number and description is not shown, but it does on the other channels. Anyone know I how I can change this back?
Thanks in advance.
Just installed the QVC app. It just seems to be the way it is. Not anything you've done. The main QVC channel is shown without the product details sidebar where's Beauty & Style have the sidebar.

It looks like the QVC main channel video stream is being taken before they add in the product id, whereas they're streaming the other channels' live outputs. Weird.

Maybe because main channel is live they can re-use the recordings later and change details on new sidebar overlay on re-broadcast and the item details are always shown live below the video in the app??? Click the item to see its product ID and details.

Just installed the QVC app. It just seems to be the way it is. Not anything you've done. The main QVC channel is shown without the product details sidebar where's Beauty & Style have the sidebar.

It looks like the QVC main channel video stream is being taken before they add in the product id, whereas they're streaming the other channels' live outputs. Weird.

Maybe because main channel is live they can re-use the recordings later and change details on new sidebar overlay on re-broadcast and the item details are always shown live below the video in the app??? Click the item to see its product ID and details.
Also, it just occurred to me that, this way, if they wanted, they could have one price on live TV, Freeview/Sat, etc. and could have a different price on the app/web and use a different id number for it.

They could use it as a web-only offer, or price gouge one lot! As long as presenter doesn't mention the price... Lol. So maybe not... 😜

Latest posts

Back