WEN Is Coming To QVC UK

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's free postage again this weekend on the wen site - sale prices still apply too.

How's the Hair One going, Von?

Any like-for-like reviews between Wen and Hair One? I'm loving the Wen tea tree for my slightly itchy scalp and have rec'd it to my sis but she flat out refuses to pay Wen prices.

I have used the Hair One 3 or 4 times so thought I would try my normal shampoo & conditioner to compare. Washed my hair Wednesday and really needed to wash it again Thursday. Even though the Hair One doesn't feel like 'normal' shampoo and doesn't feel like it's cleaning properly as there are no bubbles, it really does seem to work well and last longer between washes. I have been using 5/6 pumps each time.

Well as mostwoplwk now I had a brain haemhorrhage whilst on holiday in October.

I had to have a craniotomy ( don't google I f you are remotely squeamish)

I am using he Wen teatree as it is non irritating and very gentle on my scalp where I had hundreds of closing staples p&p at IPA.

It smells fresh and feels really gentle on even my scalp.
My only complaint is that I still have to cleanse daily as I waken up like Worzel Gommageq.

Can I assume this is sulphate free? I've had a keratin straightening treatment on my hair so wonder if it would be suitable... Quite tempted.

Well as mostwoplwk now I had a brain haemhorrhage whilst on holiday in October.

I had to have a craniotomy ( don't google I f you are remotely squeamish)

I am using he Wen teatree as it is non irritating and very gentle on my scalp where I had hundreds of closing staples p&p at IPA.

It smells fresh and feels really gentle on even my scalp.
My only complaint is that I still have to cleanse daily as I waken up like Worzel Gommageq.

Hope you're fully recovered Jabba.

How long's your hair (or is that a stupid q - did they shave your whole head for op?)? If it's longer, try it in a "pineapple" overnight. I've been doing this all year (and still getting nightly laughs from OH about way I look) and it works great at keeping me from getting up Worzelled! I use Goody non-slip bands and they stay in place all night - other bands slip.

I also use a Steampod - amazing tool. Basically a steam straightener. My hair is officially the most difficult my hairdresser has come across. Fine, but curly (but not a good curl pattern), dry ends with oily roots. Grey (well, white mostly), so needs colouring. Steampod straightens my hair without drying it out and KEEPS the style for days. I haven't been brave enough to not pineapple overnight yet, but when I let it down in the morning now, all it needs is brush through and I'm good to go. GHDs and Brazilian straightening killed my hair, but since I've had Steampod I'm happy with it for the first time EVER! I think Wen is helping with the condition, too, as my hair feels softer than normal shampoo and Steampod.

My hair is very. Short

Shall I post a pic of one of the scars so you can get an idea

I had a right temporal haemhorrhage ai think oHh as one that's not to squeamish ad it's all closed over. And stapled up

My hair is very. Short

I had a right temporal haemhorrhage ai think oHh as one that's not to squeamish ad it's all closed over. And stapled up

Gosh, what an ordeal for you , it must have been such a horrible shock. I wish you well with your recovery.

My hair is very. Short

I'm a scar freak - would love to see them (not at all squeamish - spend half my online time checking out popthatzit.com!). I have quite a few of my own. They're my very own medals for coming through some of the stuff I have - though nothing as bad as you've been through.

I see Chaz Dean and Wen are on QVC today.

I took the item number for the Lavender and it kept showing out of stock. Suddenly now it says sold out and nothing on the page. Interesting I wonder if they couldn't get stock so pulled it?

My bargain Wen order came just 15 mins ago, including a 480ml bottle of Lavender so Guthy Renker definitely have stocks of it, and also a Pomegranate (not sniffed it yet but will report back). They were £17.95 each plus a single p&p of £4.95 on offer last week.

It'd be a shame if QVC don't continue to sell Wen, I'm hoping for a TSV, the supersize bottles and delicious-sounding flavours they have on QVC US: http://www.qvc.com/WEN-Beauty.category.6285.html?refine=1282822+4294966535

WEN is a new brand to me yet everyone seems to rave about it, so I've obviously missed out somewhere. What makes it so special and are there any products in particular that you'd recommend?

My bargain Wen order came just 15 mins ago, including a 480ml bottle of Lavender so Guthy Renker definitely have stocks of it, and also a Pomegranate (not sniffed it yet but will report back). They were £17.95 each plus a single p&p of £4.95 on offer last week.

It'd be a shame if QVC don't continue to sell Wen, I'm hoping for a TSV, the supersize bottles and delicious-sounding flavours they have on QVC US: http://www.qvc.com/WEN-Beauty.category.6285.html?refine=1282822+4294966535

I was just wondering how much they would do it for?

thatu, it is like washing your hair with just a conditioner, no lather like a normal shampoo. You must work it well into the roots of the hair and rinse very well. If you are sensitive to menthol don't use it. You leave it on for a short while rinse like mad and then apply leave on again and then rinse like mad. Your is very soft shiny, your hair colour lasts longer if dyed.

I use it because I'm basically busy and lazy. I only use the cleanser (but know others with shorter hair who like the styling products) because it cuts down the time in the shower for three reasons: The first is because I don't need to wash my hair every day, whereas using any brand of shampoo & conditioner I can only go 2 days between washes. With Wen I only wash once a week as it doesn't get dirty, greasy or messy as quickly. Secondly, my hair colour fades less quickly so even if the roots come through the lengths' and ends' still looks perfect. Finally, the actual process of cleansing (once a week) is quicker: wet hair, apply enough Wen to coat and massage, leave it pile on my head and wash face and body in shower, massage and rinse, shower finished in 5 minutes if I'm pressed for time.

My only tips are: use the amount they recommend for at least the first time, it seems a lot of product and leads many to say it's too expensive to maintain use long-term. Comb through with a wide-toothed comb to detangle if necessary. Next rinse out your first application for longer than normal at least 3 times longer, otherwise you won't remove all the silicone build-up left by previous products. Wet hair is quicker to detangle too. Dry as normal.

The subsequent cleanses I'd say play around with the number of pumps of Wen needed for your hair type, if your hair is short and fine you'd need far fewer pumps. I have a lot of fine straight hair which is below shoulder-length and I use about 10 pumps, however when I used shampoo and conditioner I'd need about this amount of conditioner to detangle and comb out the knots! My hair tangles just looking at it, at the hairdressers she allows an extra 20mins for my cut & blow for the combing and re-combing time! If I do say so myself my hair has never looked more shiny.

I coloured my hair last week and in the interests of experimentation I ditched the supplied after-colour conditioner and used Wen and found it worked very well and was far easier to comb and dry afterwards (and took away the chemical after-smell of the dye).

The Wen sale has finished now but there will be another in the summer. http://www.wenhaircare.co.uk/default.aspx but the hair care plans are a good way to try the range including the styling products and intense conditioner, and it's easy to cancel after the first drop. http://www.wenhaircare.co.uk/plan1.aspx

Yes, I ordered from the the starter kit, when it arrived phoned up and cancelled with out a problem. UK call centre and no hassle.

Oh and I have used nothing since first buying, I love the styling creme my hair actually feels moisturised with it.

Chaz himself gave me tips on Facebook. I used it three times a week only because I do Zumba and need to wash my hair afterwards(I sweat at the back of my head), if no Zumba I can go a whole week and my hair feels soft and clean. People keep asking me if I have coloured my hair, even three weeks after I actually have!!!

This is new to me too. Nearly bought the cleansing conditioner on impulse, but just thought I would check out what my fellow forumites thought of it! Well it seems you like it!
I wash my hair every day to keep it looking bouncy etc. On the second day it is lank, out of shape and slightly greasy. I have fine hair but lots of it which tends to be heavy and go flat, hence the highlights!. Any of you have any experience of using Wen on my type of hair?

Latest posts

Back