What’s happened to Jill?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’ve just channel hopped and seen Jill. The first thing I noticed was that she appears to have ditched Porchester Square and is now sporting a French manicure.

Unfortunately she still seems to have a dry cough 😞 and is speaking quietly.

Had a quick nose at the Tili TSV with Jill. Yes, she had put on weight as she is wearing jeans and has a bum! She used to wear quite loose styles but now figure hugging which shows she had put on weight and looks so much better for it.

Botox just freezes the area and fillers are only used on lines and will not make the face look as you have put weight on. As said she looks better with the weight on.

Her voice is softer too

Is Jill Frank's back on screen at QVC yet? I don't watch as much or order as much off qvc anymore. Thank you x

I know she was poorly and I know she is coming back only 'gradually', but is it just me, or do others feel that she has lost her 'joie de verve', I know she was as 'irritating as heck' in her over the top 'gushing' style and how she absolutely 'loved everything' and her incessant talk about her 'girlfriends', but now she seems to have totally 'lost' any screen presence. At least when she was 'irritating' she did have the 'screen presence' and the ability (for good or bad), to 'draw you in', now, all that has gone. I wondering whether carrying on as a presenter is perhaps 'for her'. I remember when Anne Dawson came back after a period away, yes the first (and to extent the second) she was like 'Bambi in headlights', but after that she had her old 'spark' back, Jill has done several shows now and it is still 'absent', it does I'm afraid, make it uncomfortable to watch. Surely I can't be the only one to think like this!

She seems very tentative. It’s as if she’s really concentrating on not straining her voice. It’s certainly changed her - a big improvement imo - but it’s uncomfortable viewing because there’s clearly quite a serious problem. I hope she works through it but keeps the new presenting style. I couldn’t watch at all before.

I've only seen JF a couple of times since her return but I can't see much difference except that her voice is a bit lower. As for Anne Dawson ... IMO she is dull personified ... for example, today, talking about a hot chocolate machine 'You know, well, honestly, you know, it's absolutely gorgeous.' She's a dud !

I've only seen JF a couple of times since her return but I can't see much difference except that her voice is a bit lower. As for Anne Dawson ... IMO she is dull personified ... for example, today, talking about a hot chocolate machine 'You know, well, honestly, you know, it's absolutely gorgeous.' She's a dud !
Ann now only refers to herself having moved into her new home. Just like this morning when I heard her say about her waking in the night very warm and her not getting fan out of the cupboard until the morning.

Ann now only refers to herself having moved into her new home. Just like this morning when I heard her say about her waking in the night very warm and her not getting fan out of the cupboard until the morning.
For the benefit of the forum, & because I'm nosy, I've just looked back at her blogs & she wrote about her place in Calabria, a Mothering Sunday tea her sons prepared for her & pictures of meals for one. She didn't mention her husband very often but now writes I, me & mine without a single reference to him.

For the benefit of the forum, & because I'm nosy, I've just looked back at her blogs & she wrote about her place in Calabria, a Mothering Sunday tea her sons prepared for her & pictures of meals for one. She didn't mention her husband very often but now writes I, me & mine without a single reference to him.
Thanks Twilight I’ve thought about it for a while now. Ann used to refer to her hubby as doing climbing mountains and ages ago taking the boy’s skiing. But for a very long time now she’s only referred to herself.

I have to switch over when AD is on.

I politely did inquire an age ago but was then told that she’d recently spoke of their wedding anniversary, which at the time I was very unsure about.
Some time ago, when more presenter blogs were available to read, she did write one about them meeting in Italy for their anniversary & if I remember correctly it was one of the big ones. Her husband had been climbing & that's why they didn't go out together. I'm married to a climber & that's the sort of thing he'd suggest, the fact that I detest flying & need him to push me onto a plane means we can't be grown ups & travel like that.

Latest posts

Back