WHat’s the best thing you have bought from QVC this year?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought the Dyson hot/cold fan. I was hesitant because of the price. But it really is a great piece of kit and gets used every day.

I bought the Dyson hot/cold fan. I was hesitant because of the price. But it really is a great piece of kit and gets used every day.

My neighbour installed a wood burning stove and I developed an allergy to it (the fumes drifted through every gap, down the chimney, and as we have an open plan house there was no escape) and was totally miserable so in desperation Mr L purchased this one with the air purifier, anything to try and give me a bit of relief.

Shortly afterwards both of their children went off to uni so they didn't seem to use it quite as much and then it was summer so it hasn't been so bad this year, so I'm not 100% sure about the air purifier bit but I agree it is a very efficient fan/heater but whether I would have paid that much for a straightforward heater I'm not at all convinced.

We also installed a sheepskin chimney balloon thingy this year so hope things won't be too bad this winter.

My neighbour installed a wood burning stove and I developed an allergy to it (the fumes drifted through every gap, down the chimney, and as we have an open plan house there was no escape) and was totally miserable so in desperation Mr L purchased this one with the air purifier, anything to try and give me a bit of relief.

Shortly afterwards both of their children went off to uni so they didn't seem to use it quite as much and then it was summer so it hasn't been so bad this year, so I'm not 100% sure about the air purifier bit but I agree it is a very efficient fan/heater but whether I would have paid that much for a straightforward heater I'm not at all convinced.

We also installed a sheepskin chimney balloon thingy this year so hope things won't be too bad this winter.

I feel for you. OH's parents have a wood burner that looks lovely but kills my chest when I visit. It also warms my face, but the rest of me remains freezing - though I might be odd as I was like that with our old gas fire.

I also get really annoyed when I see people cutting down lovely old trees for burning in their stoves. A guy local to me took 10 mature oaks before the police turned up and arrested him after a load of people complained. He also managed to destroy nests of a rare bird and bats. I know heating is expensive, but taking trees like this is taking the piss.

I feel for you. OH's parents have a wood burner that looks lovely but kills my chest when I visit. It also warms my face, but the rest of me remains freezing - though I might be odd as I was like that with our old gas fire.

I also get really annoyed when I see people cutting down lovely old trees for burning in their stoves. A guy local to me took 10 mature oaks before the police turned up and arrested him after a load of people complained. He also managed to destroy nests of a rare bird and bats. I know heating is expensive, but taking trees like this is taking the piss.

The world is filled with some utterly horrible people.

I agree, we all have to pay for our heating but to destroy another animals habitat to get it for free is just plain disgusting.

These neighbours had 2 very large trees in their garden but they are not "tree people " so got them cut down in the summer and are presently drying them out for use this winter.

One plus point is I have much less leaves to sweep up as they all seemed to end up in our garden.

I have a very large tree myself which is too near the house and my heart was in my mouth during the recent high winds so I may have to consider getting it cut down myself so I don't suppose I can really criticise them.

When my great aunt died and her house was sold, one of the main features was her beautiful garden with many mature shrubs (lilac, choisya, vibernum, buddleia, holly etc) and a laburnum, and a couple of cypresses (not Leylandii. It got sold to a pigeon fancier, so the last memory I have of the garden (having gone to pick up some mementos) was of a ravaged wasteland, all the items sawn off at soil-level and branches and woodchippings strewn across the previously immaculate lawn and path.

Why the pigeon fancier went for a house where he would have to butcher the garden I don't understand. It was a real blow for the neighbours as well, as they lost all their privacy at a stroke (or several hacks).

When my great aunt died and her house was sold, one of the main features was her beautiful garden with many mature shrubs (lilac, choisya, vibernum, buddleia, holly etc) and a laburnum, and a couple of cypresses (not Leylandii. It got sold to a pigeon fancier, so the last memory I have of the garden (having gone to pick up some mementos) was of a ravaged wasteland, all the items sawn off at soil-level and branches and woodchippings strewn across the previously immaculate lawn and path.

Why the pigeon fancier went for a house where he would have to butcher the garden I don't understand. It was a real blow for the neighbours as well, as they lost all their privacy at a stroke (or several hacks).

Oh MML, that's absolutely heartbreaking - my great aunt had this absolutely gorgeous deep, bright blue hydrangea outside her house (really difficult to get them that colour) and the rich peasants who moved in essentially stripped the whole garden (also including the stunning wisteria that grew up the side) and levelled the hydrangea. It was so upsetting to see it looking so barren.

We are surrounded by blooming wood burners where I live. Fresh air seems to be a thing of the past during the winter. The smell seeps in through our doors which are not double glazed, and I always know when my neighbour next door lights his, as I can smell it before I see the clouds of smoke billowing across the garden. To say I don't like them is an understatement.

However, my best buys this year are 2 pairs of fitover sunglasses. I really like them.

These neighbours had 2 very large trees in their garden but they are not "tree people " so got them cut down in the summer and are presently drying them out for use this winter.

One plus point is I have much less leaves to sweep up as they all seemed to end up in our garden.

I have a very large tree myself which is too near the house and my heart was in my mouth during the recent high winds so I may have to consider getting it cut down myself so I don't suppose I can really criticise them.

We used to have a really large tree in our garden - about 9 years ago it blew down. I saw it fall as I was looking out of the window. Thought to myself 'the tree is a strange angle' as it started to topple. It took up the back fence and hit next door's outhouse. Spent a small fortune getting it removed, however, think it was the best thing to happen as the garden has so much more light in it now and more room for plants which I love.

can't believe anyone would do this hacking down trees surely risky

Yep - a relative of mine bought a chainsaw to cut his own logs AKA destroy local ancient woodland. He was told to buy the helmet and trousers (that jam in the teeth to prevent accidental cuts), which of course he refused, stating it was upselling. A fortnight later he was in hospital having his hip and leg sewn up after the saw bounced off a nail that had been hammered into an oak tree when it was young and not visible.

He STILL cuts trees down WITHOUT the kit, saying lightning won't strike twice. When he ends up in hospital again, I hope they charge him for their time and materials (he's now charging for his time along with the logs he cuts from woodland for free).Plus tack a bit extra on for stupidity.

My best buy this year has been a tube of sealant/glue stuff that bonds under water. We had rain pouring in through a leak a while back and this stuff stopped it dead. I'll post back the name when I remember. It's a pig to use as it's in a can and comes out quite slowly, but, boy, does it work. We've used it several times so far this year but have upgraded to the stuff in a tube that needs a gun (like bathroom silicone) as it's cheaper and easier to use.

I didn't buy anything from QVC this year, or last year for that matter. In 2015 I bought a Greased Lightning car cleaning kit and I have to say I was really impressed with the products. In fact so much did I like them I will definitely buy them again when I run out. Crystal Clear is by far the best car window cleaner I have ever used and the melon fragrance is really nice compared to other vinegary / chemically products out there. The Dash Devil is amazing for cleaning the interior of the car and gives all of my vehicles that new car look and smell. Bug Buster is great for getting rid of bug splats in summer. Showroom Shine cleans the outside of the car amazingly well, and Lovely Leather makes a good job of caring for the interior leather. My Porsche has grey leather seats and my Daihatsu Copen has red leather seats. Both vehicles look great inside and out thanks to these amazing products.

The best items I have bought so far this year are the Kipling Audria Tote Bag which gets used most days.

But the biggest surprise is the Ruth Langsford Boot Cut Jeans, which I have now bought 3 pairs. The fit and length is perfect.:mysmilie_59:

Yep - a relative of mine bought a chainsaw to cut his own logs AKA destroy local ancient woodland. He was told to buy the helmet and trousers (that jam in the teeth to prevent accidental cuts), which of course he refused, stating it was upselling. A fortnight later he was in hospital having his hip and leg sewn up after the saw bounced off a nail that had been hammered into an oak tree when it was young and not visible.

He STILL cuts trees down WITHOUT the kit, saying lightning won't strike twice. When he ends up in hospital again, I hope they charge him for their time and materials (he's now charging for his time along with the logs he cuts from woodland for free).Plus tack a bit extra on for stupidity.

My best buy this year has been a tube of sealant/glue stuff that bonds under water. We had rain pouring in through a leak a while back and this stuff stopped it dead. I'll post back the name when I remember. It's a pig to use as it's in a can and comes out quite slowly, but, boy, does it work. We've used it several times so far this year but have upgraded to the stuff in a tube that needs a gun (like bathroom silicone) as it's cheaper and easier to use.

Do you think that stuff would work on an outside gutter which leaks? It has leaked for ages and we have tried fixing it but it just starts off again.

Do you think that stuff would work on an outside gutter which leaks? It has leaked for ages and we have tried fixing it but it just starts off again.

I'd imagine it would. Is it plastic?

I like to tape the Practical/DIY hours as if I like the look of the products and can't find them cheaper elsewhere, or am unsure if they'll do what it says on the tin, I'll buy. I had a leak on a roof where I used to live. Had several builders look and they couldn't find anything so I sent OH up on roof with a tin of gluey stuff with fibres in it. He slapped in on all over, came down looking like he'd been tarred and feathered, but it worked!

If you have metal drainpipes that might work better. I'll have a quick look on Q and see if I can find them both now.

ETA: Sorry, I gave wrong link so deleted. I tried that stuff and it didn't work. I got a tin of roof sealant from Wickes, but can't remember the name. It had fibres in it, so try looking for something like that.

The stuff I will never be without is called Supafix supabond. It's not on Q at the mo, so unless you wait until it comes back, you can get it from Amazon. Or check out the Supafix website.

I love my Lola Rose flavia necklace in black agate it is so me and goes with so much. I love it so much I bought it is several other stones too but the black agate is still my go to one.

ETA: Sorry, I gave wrong link so deleted. I tried that stuff and it didn't work. I got a tin of roof sealant from Wickes, but can't remember the name. It had fibres in it, so try looking for something like that.

The stuff I will never be without is called Supafix supabond. It's not on Q at the mo, so unless you wait until it comes back, you can get it from Amazon. Or check out the Supafix website.

Thanks Alter Ego - the gutter is plastic. Will have a look at Supafix Supabond. So long as it doesn't bond my hubby to the gutter as I don't have a head for heights, so he would have to starve to death as I would not be able to go up the ladder to feed him.

The best items I have bought so far this year are the Kipling Audria Tote Bag which gets used most days.

But the biggest surprise is the Ruth Langsford Boot Cut Jeans, which I have now bought 3 pairs. The fit and length is perfect.:mysmilie_59:

I think the Kipling bag I'm really pleased with is that one too! The one with the removable centre zipped bag/pouch?

I have wondered about the RL jeans, and giving them a go. Jeans always get a mixed bag of reviews, as what suits one person won't suit another.

Latest posts

Back