What Beauty Brands would you like to see on QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Korres
Apivita
Caudalie
Urban Decay
John Masters (never tried his stuff but would like to)
Green People
Trilogy
Neal's Yard
REN skincare

I would too put soap and glory - but thought that was a Boots own brand?

I'm not too certain but seem to recall something about Soap and Glory being developed by the founder of Bliss. Sold bliss to Estee Lauder and founded Soap and Glory. I could very well be wrong though.

I'm not too certain but seem to recall something about Soap and Glory being developed by the founder of Bliss. Sold bliss to Estee Lauder and founded Soap and Glory. I could very well be wrong though.

You are right about the founder of Bliss (Marcia Kilgore) and Soap & Glory, she also founded FitFlop.

Bliss was acquired last year by Stiener Leisure. Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide were the previous owners.

:flower:

Molton Brown for me - I really miss them.
Jo Malone is too "up market" to appear on a shopping channel me thinks - or Jo Malone thinks - although I would just love it (only perfume I will wear !) Now that would be a fantastic TSV !!
But in this economic climate I'm sure if QVC could make her an offer she couldn't refuse??? ..... as long as she brings the candles too!.....if Lulu Guiness and Kelly Hoppen can do it!
Molton Brown, even if they only came for a"one off" special christmas TSV every year.....yeah right!

You are right about the founder of Bliss (Marcia Kilgore) and Soap & Glory, she also founded FitFlop.

Bliss was acquired last year by Stiener Leisure. Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide were the previous owners.

:flower:

Ah, thanks Ms T. half right half wrong. I think I have a blind spot concerning EL since the demise of my beloved prescriptives lol.

Boots don't own S&G but they do make their products. There's a very interesting article on the British Beautry Blogger website about a visit she had to Boots main manufacturing plant and what's made there, developed there etc.

Tx

REN was on QVC long ago.

John Masters is a lovely range.

Jo Malone, now are you willing to pay £45 for a candle, a lip balm is £20+?

Jo Malone the brand is owned by Estee Lauder. I cannot see them being happy with the try and if you don't like send it back idea. Fragrance is a very personal thing, I know people rave about the Lime one and I totally hated it.
They pack their stuff in straw and have black ribbon etc, can't see them letting QVC stuff it in the brown cardboard boxes.

I'd like to see:

Mac
full range of Benefit
full range of A'kin
L'Occitane make-up
Tigi

I know they are easily available elsewhere but it would be nice to get more info via the shows/demos and I like the security of the 30 day MBG when I'm trying new things for the first time.

I've not heard of a lot of the ranges others are mentioning, but if it's make-up or beauty then bring it all on as far as I'm concerned :clapping: (as long as it's not ridiculously priced like that Perricone stuff). Anything from the States that's not available over here would go down well too, I would never have discovered my beloved LG or Mally without QVC.

I'd also like to see some more ranges of mineral make-up, preferably ones that don't involve all that hoofing and poofing with pots of dusty powder.

Think I must be the only person who is not a fan of Soap & Glory, the face stuff makes me greasy and the body stuff makes me itchy :sad: am also not keen on the overpowering fragrance.

Molton Brown and Aveda...still use both but QVC used to do some really good deals...was surprised when I went into our local House of Fraser store to buy DH some Aveda shaving cream...not only has the packaging changed, its half the size and now costs a fiver more! Plus they charged me for the pump for my 1L of Shampure (and the price had gone up on that too!)

Doubt we'll ever see either back though :(

I'd love to see Aveda and Molton Brown back. Kiehls, Creme de la Mer and MAC would be on my wish list! 4 easy pays for Creme de la Mer would go down well lol :tongue:

I'd like to see:

Think I must be the only person who is not a fan of Soap & Glory, the face stuff makes me greasy and the body stuff makes me itchy :sad: am also not keen on the overpowering fragrance.

I find Soap & Glory greasy and over perfumed too, but I do like one of their body scrubs. They do a line filler that I was thinking of trying but I'm a bit worried about using their products on my face as I can be a bit sensitive. Are their face products as perfumed? I also see they do a cleanser that has similar ingredients and the LE C&P, has anyone tried it?

does anyone recall that make up that was on ages and ages ago, it was an American bloke, I got two eyeshadows that were lovely, think he had business problems and vanished now I will be wittering trying to remember his name!! Neal's yard would be nice, love their Covent Gardnen store.
I would also be very happy to see a much wider selection of L'ocitaine I sometimes have a browse on their website and there looks to be some very tempting treats.

They were on IW for a bit, haven't seen them for ages though

I find Soap & Glory greasy and over perfumed too, but I do like one of their body scrubs. They do a line filler that I was thinking of trying but I'm a bit worried about using their products on my face as I can be a bit sensitive. Are their face products as perfumed? I also see they do a cleanser that has similar ingredients and the LE C&P, has anyone tried it?

the things I tried were perfumed but cannot remember off the top of my head what they were - a moisturiser and a serum I think but chucked them both.

not sure about the cleanser have never tried it but I don't like LE C&P, in fact all LE stuff makes me greasy & causes breakouts!

REN was on QVC long ago.

John Masters is a lovely range.

wasn't it just the REN bath/body stuff? I seem to remember they had a body scrub on quite often but don't remember any face stuff. having said that I have only been watching for 6 1/2 years ...

Thanks re: J Masters.

I’d have myface back. I don’t think they got a fair crack of the whip, and the products themselves are good. Ditto for Ren, Sparitual and Ole Henriksen.

I’d also love to see Living Nature, Inika, Suki Color, Nvey, Korres, Une, 100% Pure, Acorelle Fragrance, Suqqu make up brushes, Spiezia Organics, Neals Yard, Herbfarmacy, Faith in Nature, Akamuti, Yes To Tomatoes, Yes To Carrots, John Masters, Josie Maran, Wen, ProActiv, Caudalie, Nars, Nude skincare, Scott Barnes, Trish McEvoy, Tarte, Kate Somerville, Lipstick Queen, Chantecaille, Shiseido, By Terry, Laura Mercier, Jurlique. Vincent Longo, Nubar... And a Bobbi Brown TSV!

Some skincare containing retinol would be nice too.

I’d like to see a move towards niche products which are hard to find, and which sell quietly and steadily from the website and a few live airings, repeated in a loop on The Beauty Channel - as well as the more populist, sells 30,000 in one day, lowest common denominator, middle of the road, appeals to everyone, type of products.

Great thread cavegirl! :sun:

Have you tried Philosophy's Help Me ? I've bought it a couple of times and it think it's a great product, it really helped to clarify my skin. That retinol is powerful stuff !

I haven't, thanks hon! :flower: *trundles off to have a read up about it*

I just wish QVC could surprise me! I've just said the same thing on the new jewellery ranges thread. Whether it's just that I've been watching for too long but there's very little new and innovative in the beauty department and certainly no new information from the resident beauty expert.

I would like QVC to stock Wen haicare...it's fab on my straight fine-but-lots-of-it hair; I don't want to get into a quarterly plan with GutherRenker as I only want the cleanser. They sell lots of different flavours of the cleanser in the US and recently they had a Wen TSV on QVC US.

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back