ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the main thing i buy is chateau d'argent jewellery
a few other bits of jewellery and ive recently started with liz earle

Too much is the answer!

Honora pearls
Gemset jewellery
Gold & silver jewellery
Far too much jewellery at bargain hunter or last clicks prices. I buy it thinking it will be a nice present for someone and then always keep it for myself.
Far too much expensive jewellery on easy pay - stuff I would never dream of buying otherwise.
I have bought Philosophy stuff but it didn't do anything for me. I've just sold some bits from a TSV on ebay and got more than I paid for it! I got the recent Liz Earle TSV and quite like the cleanser, toner & moisturiser - I'll probably get them direct from LE next time.
I am the laziest person on earth but last week I got sucked in and bought a mini stepper - I haven't been able to summon up the energy to get it out of the box yet.
Carole Hochman stuff - reasonably priced and good quality.
The odd last clicks or OTOs in tee shirts, though they seem to take forever to come.

The P&P is my main gripe - they should give a discount for more than one item ordered at the same time and they should have a maximum rate too. Even if you buy two of the same things, eg a tee shirt or a ring, but in different colours you still have to pay the full whack.

postage

I totally agree about the postage and the long wait for delivery . I can get stuff from New York in 5 days and QVC are averaging 9 days . And no I don't live in the Shetlands .
Havin' said that QVC are brilliant for letting you try things and then send 'em back . If I decide I like something I can usually find it cheaper elsewhere .

Last edited:
Have bought gold in the past, but now buying RLM or Sterling Signatures Joseph Esposito. It's excellent quality. Love Honora too.

Have bought craft, Northern nights and 2 Tiffany lamps.

Now only usually Beauty TSVs, prefer to use OBE's site whenever possible - family! But discovered Ecotan, Ultrasun and liplift. Like some Philosophy and Liz Earl but go elsewhere for Gatineau. It still provides me with quite a lot of other items and I can fer too frequently be tempted.

Your turn now, Tilly.

• Diamonique and other jewllery like Chataeu DeAgent

• SBC Gels as QVC seems to be the cheapest place to buy

• Smashbox TSV's as its a great brand and exceptional value

• L'Occitane if its cheaper than ebay (sometimes is)

I started on LE through QVC but now buy direct as the website has GREAT offers, I can buy what I REALLY NEED, free samplers with orders and most importantly, one shipping fee for whatever you buy!

Oh dear!!! Must I?

OK, here I go!

Dell laptop (this week)
Pilates Aero
Lots of craft stuff as presents
Gem set rings, earrings, pendents
Clientele
Elemis
Decleor
Liz Earle
Smashbox
Gatineau
Laura Geller
Alpha H
Fran Wilson
Philosophy
Models Prefer
L'Occitane
MOP
Molton Brown
Leighton Denny
OPI
Pro Strong
Nails Envy
Pedikur
Astonish
Gift boxes
Greetings cards
Gift bags and wrapping paper.
Yankee Candles
Lots of other boxed candles which I give as presents
Reed diffusers
Watering bulbs
Plug plants, Flower Power, Root Boost, Bulbs, plant supports, hanging baskets, etc., etc.
Musical Christmas carousel and other things
grip to me hangars - lots!
Ikebana vases
Cool Down cooling wraps
Optix cleaning solution
Vax electric floor washer

That is all I can think of at the moment. Lots of stuff I give away as presents as I don't have much time to spend looking in shops. My make up choices are being narrowed down - mostly to Clientele, Smashbox and a few favourites from other ranges - and so I wouldn't neccessarily reorder a lot of the above. The Dell and the Pilates machine are one off buys and the hardly used Vax has been replaced by a robot. If anyone wants it and can collect (SW Surrey) - it's yours!

This is like therapy

Had alook back over my past - it's scary.

Pilates machine
Stepper
Vacuum thingy for kitchen
Electric mop
markon boots
Yankee candles
Washable leather jacket
It works - shoe care
Leather care sets
Northern nights - the lot - bedding/feather beds etc
MOP
Ojon
BE
Molton Brown
L'occitane
Smashbox
Philosophy
Elemis
Leighton denny
Clematis
Richard Jackson root booster
Spray and grow
Plants
Solar lights
Kipling bags
Optix cleaner - FANTASTIC will rebuy

and enough craft stuff to open my own shop!

I think they see me coming.
Am trying to be more restrained atm - ..................................but failing.

Thanks for the therapy - off to lie down.

I'm one of the 'not so much now' people

so it's....

Gatineau
Last Clicks jewellery
Beauty TSVs if they look like good value
Anything I can get my hands on when it's BCC night

That's it really.

Great idea for a post!

Like most on here I have bought far too much.
I agree with slow postal service and extortionate p&p to add insult to injury.
The pluses for me are the 30 day MBG and I learn about stuff I would not otherwise.
I too buy stuff elsewhere after seeing it demo'd on QVC as I can get it quicker and cheaper.
My main purchases have been jewellery but I have succumbed to a few clothes items such as Casual and Co for summer gear. A few gardening items but not any more as I can get it elsewhere cheaper. There is loads more to but I wont bore you further!

Yep, the beauty TSV's are usually the best thing on QVC and I always check those out. Usually Philosophy, Clientele or Smashbox.

FINALLY after a couple of years of being a serious shopper from QVC I am finally starting to see through the sales patter and note the important info they are NOT telling us. GOD knows how much money I have spent with them.

On the MAJOR plus side if I had not initially got hooked onto QVC then I would not have found this fab website with all invaluable info, humour and the fab characters (BurlyBear and Sublime spring to mind!)

On the MAJOR plus side if I had not initially got hooked onto QVC then I would not have found this fab website with all invaluable info, humour and the fab characters (BurlyBear and Sublime spring to mind!)

That's by far the best thing about QVC- this site, all the important info and the lovely, zany peeps who make st.com such a great place. :)

Sued,

You remembered a couple of things that I had forgotten to put on my list. Beginning to feel a real saddo! LOL

I agree with you about the Optix. I will definitely buy again although when that will be I don't know as it lasts for ever!

Honora Pearls, Models Prefer Lip glosses, Gatineau TSV, Liz Earle TV, Tony Gazelle thingy, Lock and Lock Storage boxes, Prezerve Jewellery organizers, Alpha H, Salad Spinner thing thats never been used !! Diamonique earrings.

No, but I'm in awe!!!!:D

Ha, ha! Of ME? You are the first!

I seldom get to shops! Work too hard and too long and have to indulge myself somehow!

I too am slowing down my purchases. I have enjoyed lots of TSVs but am getting more and more fussy. Having said that, I have just ordered an electric tart warmer and will order some of Darl's Tarts. She sent me the list today and the choice is amazing.

I am so relieved that you didn't ask about on-line purchases from Ideal World, Yankeedoodle, Go Coffee, iRobot, Lakeland and John Lewis. Phew!!! LOL

I must stop buying things and save for my old age! I think I need therapy!

It is really strange because when I go shopping, I never buy anything and think I am the reverse of a shopaholic. I hate shopping! When I see it on TV, listen to the hype, I have to have it!!!!! It is so easy! A couple of clicks of a button and it just turns up a few days later!

Am I in a bad way?

Ha, ha! Of ME? You are the first!

I seldom get to shops! Work too hard and too long and have to indulge myself somehow!

I too am slowing down my purchases. I have enjoyed lots of TSVs but am getting more and more fussy. Having said that, I have just ordered an electric tart warmer and will order some of Darl's Tarts. She sent me the list today and the choice is amazing.

I am so relieved that you didn't ask about on-line purchases from Ideal World, Yankeedoodle, Go Coffee, iRobot, Lakeland and John Lewis. Phew!!! LOL

I must stop buying things and save for my old age! I think I need therapy!

It is really strange because when I go shopping, I never buy anything and think I am the reverse of a shopaholic. I hate shopping! When I see it on TV, listen to the hype, I have to have it!!!!! It is so easy! A couple of clicks of a button and it just turns up a few days later!

Am I in a bad way?

Possibly, Tilly, but you are among fellow-sufferers!:D

PS. Must go check out Go Coffee and iRobot as I've not heard of them - off to google them... I hope they're not too tempting...

I have in the past bought some very nice jewellery from QVC and a TSV ages ago, think it was Smashbox.

I really wanted some pearls that was a TSV possibly 2 weeks ago, I think Pinkmoon bought all 3 options :D but I forgot about it :mad: It was lovely as well, sort of invisible thread and coloured pearls. Never mind.

I may not buy but I love reading all your posts about different things. :)

Possibly, Tilly, but you are among fellow-sufferers!:D

PS. Must go check out Go Coffee and iRobot as I've not heard of them - off to google them... I hope they're not too tempting...

From iRobot, I have the Roomba, Scooba and Dirt Dog. All divine.
I can give you the UK importers details if you are tempted. I got mine from ebay from the US.

From GoCoffee I bought a fab coffee maker, the Jura Impressa F9. Feed it water and coffee beans every so often and it makes the most divine coffee at the push of a button. Worth every penny. The Elite Bar coffee beans have converted me from Illy and La Vazza and it is cheaper, especially of you buy in bulk and beans are cheaper than ground so, eventually, you save money. The mess is reduced to a minimum as emptying the spent grounds hopper is only done occasionally and the grounds have usually dried out so all that swilling down the plughole has gone.

Latest posts

Back