what EXACTLY makes a trusting seller/guest presenter..?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
For me, I would say 'auto up-there' business people/guest presenters on QVC, which I would not hesitate buying from would be
  • Leighton Denny
    keileigh from Elemis
    Danny from Hewlett Packard
    Susan Graver
    Suarti
to name a few.. but why is this? Could it be because they come across as genuinely concerned for their customers, talk to us, not 'down' to us?
What makes these people different from people who dont seem as true, such as:
  • Kim Mendelhsonn
    Judith Williams
    Tova
    etc...
    Could it be that they seem nice, but a 'fake nice'??

great idea for a thread, I think it's when you can see real passion and knowledge about products, I agree about Leighton, also Gatineau guy, funnily enough NN's Snoozy Susie and Alexis from l'0ccitane.

Whereas, Amy Shaw, Richard Jackson, that woman who does odd home decor especially at Christmas, Lori Greiner, Kim and of course Glenn Campbell..well need I say more!

They're all as bad as each other IMO.

Yes, there are some who are more informative than others, but they all try to play on our aspirations - How many times do you hear "As used in the best hotels/spas/portaloos/whatever".

They're there to sell goods, and if there was a beauty regime that actually worked, QVC wouldn't have as many different brands to sell as they do.

elemis keeley is totally fake. spouts rubbish. wouldnt trust as far as i could throw her. and that aint far!

I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them - they're all there for one thing and one thing only and that's to part us from our dosh!

For me it was Lee from philosophy. He was great , so knowledgeable and passionate about the products. He was a joy to watch.I really miss Lee :heartbroke: He could of sold ice to the eskimos.
I don't like who took over from Lee. I don't watch the philosophy shows now and I haven't bought it since he left.

Each and everyone on QVC is there to sell you something(whether you really need or want it), they are not your friends no matter how often QVC push the we are a big family myth.

Some guests are indeed passionate about the products others just there for the pay cheque and its easy to tell the difference. Watch their eyes
The rest test is if you buy the product use it are happy with it says what it does on the pot,box etc. Now with beauty the secret is not to believe what it says on the pot, none will get rid of wrinkles, give you a face lift, or infact make you look 20 years younger. But if you like the products and enjoy using them no problem.

mmm, interesting one. Some people have a genuine warmth about them which makes them watchable and may help with a first purchase but in the end the product mustn't disappoint. No amount of charisma will compensate for that.

alexis from l'occitane sells a very lovely product but i dont get the feeling that she is that genuine or nice a person. but i will still buy l'occitane...
the bose guy sends me to sleep with his boring demos but i have bought a bose it just goes to show that the product has to be good or i'm not buying!

I think some guests enjoy their job and are indeed passionate about the products but for most its a job and they will try anything to flog the stuff. I wouldn't trust anyone on QVC to be honest but then I always take most shop assistants patter with a pinch of salt. I 'bigged' up products when I was a sales assistant, it was my job and even if I thought the product wasn't very good I just got on with selling it. Ethics are sometimes very much only for the rich and the rest of us mortals just need to make do!

If you like the look of it, buy it, try it, keep it or return it thats my QVC motto! I'm liking less and less these days so thats a plus!

Latest posts

Back