What has been your best - and worst - QVC purchase

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Miss Ellie

Registered Shopper
Someone please tell me if this is a duplicate thread!

My best purchases have been a mop and bucket. One side had a spinner, and you dipped the mop into the water then placed it in the spinner. I bought the It Works! sponges but since the first lot I see that you can buy them in the supermarket by Flash. I recently bought the little collapsible stool, but then saw a cheaper one on Groupon !

One of my worst is a recent Benefit Brow thing - I tried to be light of hand but it was too intense from my eyebrows. What are your best - and worst - buys?

I ordered the G-Tech Air Ram K9 as a TSV and it arrived last Friday.

Honest to God, this is the best thing I've ever bought from Q, bar none. Forget your Liz Earle TSV's, forget your ABC Skinwash duo's, this cleaner rocks my world.
I vacuumed both bedrooms, the study & the bathroom first with my Bissell, and then went over them all again with the Air Ram.
Jesus wept, I've obviously been living in squalor for years without knowing it, because I practically filled the dust container on it.
I can't believe I'm getting excited over a vacuum cleaner, but I love this machine. Seriously, I'd marry the flaming thing if I could.

Best (and probably most repurchased) items are the Doll10 Brow product with brush (I use blonde and grey) and Philosophy Purity face wash.

Worst is probably a longer list (the Benefit Brow thing was awful on me too) fr'instance there have been lots of body lotions that were a real let down Molton Brown, Elemis, Gatineau and L'Occitane being some of the most over-hyped. Give me a few minutes and I'll have a think about the absolute worst!

Did anyone buy the liquid soap maker years ago? I was this close to ordering but it sold out, you put leftover slivers of soap in a tub with some beads and water and Hey Presto...gungy "liquid" soap! Genius :mysmilie_13:

So far l haven't bought anything that is really awful. My worst thing was part of an Elemis set, the much raved about rose bath mik. Gosh it was awful, it smelt nice but that was it. It lay on top of the bath water like a dirty, oily scum, ugh, l shudder just thinking about it. My best purchases are definitely my Northern Nights bedding sets. I love them!

Best purchase Suarti blue topaz fan drop earrings, worst purchase Elemis milk bath - got really bad, face and arm numbing migraines with central vision black holes for about 2 months. Only discovered it was the Elemis milk bath after numerous doctors appointments and process of elimination. L'occitane milk soap smell also now has the same effect - how marvellous :sad:

Honest to God, this is the best thing I've ever bought from Q, bar none. Forget your Liz Earle TSV's, forget your ABC Skinwash duo's, this cleaner rocks my world.
I vacuumed both bedrooms, the study & the bathroom first with my Bissell, and then went over them all again with the Air Ram.
Jesus wept, I've obviously been living in squalor for years without knowing it, because I practically filled the dust container on it.
I can't believe I'm getting excited over a vacuum cleaner, but I love this machine. Seriously, I'd marry the flaming thing if I could.

I'd already got the GTech Air Ram together with the hand-held stair vacuum on a special offer direct from the company. I love it too, my old vacuum weighed a ton and this is wonderful to use in comparison.

Best purchase Suarti blue topaz fan drop earrings, worst purchase Elemis milk bath - got really bad, face and arm numbing migraines with central vision black holes for about 2 months. Only discovered it was the Elemis milk bath after numerous doctors appointments and process of elimination. L'occitane milk soap smell also now has the same effect - how marvellous :sad:

Oh what an awful thing to happen to you. Do you know what the ingredient was that caused such a terrible reaction?

You are experiencing new vacuum syndrome. Somehow the miraculous improvement in suction does not last. No idea why.

I'm interested in trying to Doll10 brow product after reading Akimbo's post. I have yet to find something suitable. I never saw a liquid soap maker, not sure I'd have gone for that !

In terms of use, it has to be my memory foam mattress topper and more recently Cozee home bedding. I also like my red carpet gel set and the gtech. The Vitamix.
Worst, can't remember must have erased it from my mind.

Most of my purchases are jewellery and Tig bags so I cant really list them but the very very best thing was a set of silicone type chamois which I use for the shower.

In fact it was on the search for a source of more that I came across this forum (I still look for them everywhere I go as they are now it tatters from over use)

Another really good buy was YC electric tart warmer.

The very worse was earing convertors from pierced to clip ons - rubbish beyond description

I dont repeat buy from Q as I dont buy the beauty items

Looking back the poorest value was K van Z bags which I had a bit of a run on at one time - cleared them out the other day and wondered what the heck I was thinking!

Have you noticed that most of the "best" items are not very glamorous!

The sonic jewellery cleaner thingy ...the worst ...a few years back now and might even be an IW purchase

Best kipling bags but don't buy them as often on Qvc now ...too expensive ....and Slanket ..Ssshhhhh ..don't say it too loud ....don't want my blankey to sell out when back in stock! Lol

....and Slanket ..Ssshhhhh ..don't say it too loud ....don't want my blankey to sell out when back in stock! Lol

My name is Ella and I love my slanket! There, I said it!

Worst purchase - those 'it works' cleaning blocks. What a waste of time. You'd be scrubbing away for decades to clean half the stuff they claim they will.

Best purchase - my Gtech air ram! As mentioned earlier in this thread! It changed my life!! (Ok, maybe not that much, but I really don't mind vaccuuming now!) Re: it losing suction - never had any problems. Had it for over a year. Treat it with care (keep on top of emptying it, wash the filters, untangle any hairs that may be trapped, keep the battery charged up) and no probs.

My best purchase? The AirRam, which I bought when it was the first TSV.

My worse purchase? Zumba DVDs which are still in their box in their cellophane.

We have many similar threads over the years on here!
My best purchases- Lloytron Electric Rice cooker, a TSV from the early days, none of the replacements I have had since have been as good.Memory Foam topper, the one that had one of the longest threads on here!
Some drinks bottle tops in the early days most probably one of my first returns!

I'm interested in trying to Doll10 brow product after reading Akimbo's post. I have yet to find something suitable. I never saw a liquid soap maker, not sure I'd have gone for that !

I have very few hairs to call eyebrows and those I do have are invisible so the consistency of the doll 10 brow fix works perfectly for me, those brow "mascaras" don't have enough brow to cling on to fo me. I notice Doris has brought out a universal brow colour (208233) whereas I have the blonde and grey options (203552) I hope this doesn't mean the colour options aren't being discontinued in favour of a "universal" shade?

I think I had a narrow escape in the case of the soap maker :mysmilie_11: definitely filed under "A pig in a poke"!

I'd already got the GTech Air Ram together with the hand-held stair vacuum on a special offer direct from the company. I love it too, my old vacuum weighed a ton and this is wonderful to use in comparison.

I have both of them too, they're brilliant! My worst purchase was The Ecoegg, it was rubbish!

the worst eco egg, real pie company pies no flavour boiled the dryest toughest beef in plain water and put in tastless overpriced pie. flower power waste of money. microwave grill pan and microwave mini pans where the lids explode. mally make up cheap and chalky. the list could go on

the best stuff is cooks essential pans in stainless steel. vitamix i adore this blender even though its noisy. northern nights flannel. so lovely in the winter. northern nights pillows firm and keep thier shape for years. the peony tsv beautiful. yankee candles even though the quality has gone down. l'occitane. elastisicer. etc etc etc

I have had quite a few good purchases from the Q, the best is the plush slanket with the hands pouch, I used it daily, wash, dry and back in used :)
Another good buy I love is my Cozee micro fleece duvet set.

Funny enough the worst purchase is another slanket I bought, the reversible one, that is so rough on the skin and badly made, the only time I ever use it is when my plush one is in the wash.
Another bad purchase was a flannel duvet set by Northern Nights , it shed so much fluff all over my bedroom, and it was very difficult to vacuum the fluff off the carpet. It is only now that the guest advices that the flannel sheets need to be washed first.:mysmilie_10:

I had lots of poor buys, but can anyone remember the ZILO smell killer. Totally snake oil / smoke and mirrors, but it looked good.

PS my air ram and a friend's have both become VERY noisy, has anyone else's?

Latest posts

Back