What has been your best - and worst - QVC purchase

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had lots of poor buys, but can anyone remember the ZILO smell killer. Totally snake oil / smoke and mirrors, but it looked good.

PS my air ram and a friend's have both become VERY noisy, has anyone else's?

the zilo smell killer is a rip off. you can get the same effect by rubbing your garlic hands over your stailess steel taps

My Gtech has always been noisy but it picks up ok and because my rabbit chewed the rubbery surface of the wheesl I didn't think I should return it. (He loves anything with a rubbery texture...it squeaks on his teeth when he bites it)!

Best purchases for me - Cooks Essentials grill pan, think the range was called ultra. They've stopped doing them in favour of the coloured non-stick. I bought 3 in total - gave the other 2 as gifts (and the pan is loved and used by the recipients). YBF brow pencil - gives me more definition without straying into groucho marx territory. Slankets - bought as well-received gifts. Birkenstock Florida sandals - started my love of Birks... I am counting down the days until I can live in them morning to night. So comfortable and supportive.
Worst - one Nina Leonard dress I bought - liked the print, but there was no stretch in it, but no openings to make it easier to get on. I started to panic that I would be doomed to wear it forever as it was impossible without great contortions to get it off again.
Also - not sold on Northern Nights - particularly the central opening on their oxford pillowcases, meaning you can't flip them over... why??? Knowing QVC also make the bedding for other designers puts me off ever trying anything again that doesn't have just housewife pillowcases.

Slanket, slanket and slanket - yes I bought three, two of which were commandeered by my JRT and the third one is on its way to that particular state. He loves a new blanket. ****** fantastic invention. Other best buys are Decleor at good prices, my Ninja chopper thingy, a camellia plant which I thought was mega expensive but it is now huge and soooo beautiful. A gold and ruby NY gem ring which I got years ago for about £120 and is worth 10 times that now. Worst, hmm now lets see some fashions which never fitted properly and are long gone on ebay. Plants that didn't grow and pies that never arrived.

CC

My best purchase? The AirRam, which I bought when it was the first TSV.

My worse purchase? Zumba DVDs which are still in their box in their cellophane.

I didn't include all the things like that which are still unopened because for all I know they may be wonderful!

Ooh - forgot my Ninja! I got the one with 2 jugs and a chopping container. Sits on the counter and gets a fair amount of use, especially when prepping for stews and casseroles and soups.

Also - not sold on Northern Nights - particularly the central opening on their oxford pillowcases, meaning you can't flip them over... why??? Knowing QVC also make the bedding for other designers puts me off ever trying anything again that doesn't have just housewife pillowcases.

Really?! What a ridiculous design. So in the summer, can you not flip the pillow to the cool side?

oh yes i adore my 4 slankets so all my guest get one each. they are a bit untidy i just throw them everywhere

The best things I've had recently have been the nutri ninja TSV and a cooks essential ceramic pan.
The worst things have been conveniently obliterated from memory - I'm much more selective in my purchasing these days!

Latest posts

Back