What is missing?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've got a Golden Oil microfibre mop, it works very well.

In the "old days" QVC were great for introducing new products, such as the above. It was expensive but works well. Now, they are everywhere and cheap, even Lidl has them (not that brand though).

What about those green bags for fruit and veg and the gold ones for bread, allegedly keeping things fresh for weeks... Well not with the ones I bought!

Freedom bags. I loved those and still have my freedom weekender.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

They used to have a really great department called Craft, full of fabulous kits from super companies like K&Co, American Crafts. When they were bothered abut this department, it made millions of pounds of sales for them. They then got very lazy and their sales disappeared down the plug hole. Probably a salutary lesson, QVC, other depts could head the same way.

On a more humorous note, I remember being sucked into buying some solutions that was meant to stop your tights laddering.

what about Regency Gold, the wood cleaner - i still have some of that and it does do a good job

then there was that orange stuff, I can't remember what it was called, but that smelled lovely and did get grease marks off. ( still got some of that, too)

Only yesterday, I was cleaning up and used my Power Rag, that I got in a pack with one or the other of the above. It's a really good microfibre cloth and a good size too.

Yong Kim anyone................

Gallery Glass, Mervyn and his slimming bars that contained an ingredient that was eventually banned in Europe,

Of course, there are many things that they show now that I wish were a distant memory.....Basso, Calico Fudge, just as a starter!

Last edited:
What about those green bags for fruit and veg and the gold ones for bread, allegedly keeping things fresh for weeks... Well not with the ones I bought!

They were utter carp, and that's exactly what I ended up using them for - dog carp :mysmilie_520:

Golden Oil is one of the better products I've bought from QVC,tried several cheaper imitations but none came near,not only for wood but for lots of finishes/surfaces.

The last time I saw it onscreen was over a year ago & I purchased it again but my sister nabbed one of the bottles so I'm coming to the end of my current bottle & alas QVC don't have it now.

What am I going to use on my hob when I run out???? Nothing gets it as shiny as Golden Oil :sad:

BTW Green bags for veg were utter carp as was the bathroom thingy for turning bars of soap into liquid soap.

I wouldn't mind but I used my beautiful L'occitane soap thinking it was a cheaper way of obtaining their liquid handwash.

More fool me!!

Latest posts

Back