What is the thinking behind the TSV timing?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

speckledhen

Registered Shopper
Desperately trying to stay up for Decleor, I find myself thinking - why do they start the TSV at midnight? I know its the start of the new day and all that jazz, but is there a sales theory behind it, or am I so tired I am being thick (it happens regularly so I won't be offended if I am). I don't know if I would prefer it, but would it be better for it to start at 9:00 a.m.? Wouldn't they get more sales? What do you think?

If the TSV started at 9am I wouldn't watch the launch every week day. I wouldn't be able to watch the initial presentation and on a regular basis it would be 6 or 7pm before I could even see what it was. And if it's a popular TSV, selling like hotcakes, then I'd have no chance.

Now I rarely stay up until midnight but at least if I tune in at 8 I feel there's only really been a couple of hours for most people to order so I stand a chance. By tuning in at 6pm (if I'm lucky) that's 8 hours of ordering I've missed out on.

In reality I can sometimes view during the day or nip online at work but lots of people can't.

I suspect the highest volume of sales are during the launch at midnight, the early morning repeat and the evening show. If they launched at 9am they would lose 2 out of 3 of those. There is no way I would be able to order when I was in work and that is probably the case for many

Oh dear - has to make the short-list for the thickest post of the year (in mitigation your honour I was half asleep at the time) - of course it is at midnight so they get 'two big bites of the cherry' so to speak, and also capture everyone whatever hours they work.. Doh!

I think 8pm or 9pm would be ideal, but as "Ideal" already has the 9pm slot, it would have to be 8pm.

This would be convenient for everyone IMO.

In my experience the later the hour the weaker my resolve not to buy plus the midnight hour has fewer peak viewing shows to complete with. 8pm would clash with the end of the soap hours and the pull of the mainstream channels' shows starting at 8pm. Also the "might not last til mornin" mythology has less impact when you can check back a few hours later and are not desperate for sleep.

Jude xx

I'm with Akimbo -

midnight, the bewitching hour
the start of a new day & a new you
tiredness = lower resistance

They won't change it. And they know, if you really really want it, you'll stay up

I'm with Akimbo -

midnight, the bewitching hour
the start of a new day & a new you
tiredness = lower resistance

They won't change it. And they know, if you really really want it, you'll stay up

So true, and maybe if you are like me, you will have a couple of glasses of wine at the weekend whilst waiting!!

By the way, your cat picture at the bottom of all your posts is awesome! Love it!

Latest posts

Back