What Planet are QVC on ??????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They have lost the plot before now but this is really taking the p&&&. I’ll bet there were fisty cuffs back stage to see who would get this as a freebie. Now sure that this mightn't be the straw that has breaks the camels back for even the most loyal buyer.

Haven't read much about the tatty appy thing, is it still going strong?

That really is having money to burn! Joking aside I had a quick look at the presentation, and it does look really large (not £126 large) plus £3.95 p&p of course. What confuses me, is that the blurb says that it's 200g and will burn for 200 hours! Surely that must be a misprint, considering the large yankee jars are 623g and look a lot smaller than that one. From what I've seen candles of 200-220g burn for about 48 hours, so something's not quite right. The planet Zog, that's what!

Someone on Facebook listed the ingredients in that £126 candle. There’s no way I’d burn it and absolutely no way I’d ever buy something that’s such a ridiculous price for a lump of wax.

This was the list she put.

Read label before use. Keep out of reach of children. Contains: 1-(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8-Octahydro-2,3,8,8- tetramethyl-2-naphthalenyl)ethanone, Benzyl salicylate, Hexyl salicylate, Linalool, Piperonal, dLimonene, dl-Citronellol. May produce an allergic reaction. Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Dispose of contents/container to approved disposal site, in accordance with local regulations.

I doubt that they ever mention that on air. 😳

They have lost the plot before now but this is really taking the p&&&. I’ll bet there were fisty cuffs back stage to see who would get this as a freebie. Now sure that this mightn't be the straw that has breaks the camels back for even the most loyal buyer.

Haven't read much about the tatty appy thing, is it still going strong?
Oh yes, the thread's died a bit of a death really as it's still same old same old, and despite there being a cost of living crisis, the ladies are still chucking their money about on all manner of tat and hardly a single mention of items being bought as Christmas gifts, so I presume they have to be bought as well. I still have a regular look, as their purchases rarely fail to shock me!

Someone on Facebook listed the ingredients in that £126 candle. There’s no way I’d burn it and absolutely no way I’d ever buy something that’s such a ridiculous price for a lump of wax.

Read label before use. Keep out of reach of children. Contains: 1-(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8-Octahydro-2,3,8,8- tetramethyl-2-naphthalenyl)ethanone, Benzyl salicylate, Hexyl salicylate, Linalool, Piperonal, dLimonene, dl-Citronellol. May produce an allergic reaction. Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Dispose of contents/container to approved disposal site, in accordance with local regulations.

They wouldn't be able to pronounce it

Whether or not they can pronounce the chemicals or not, they should at least mention the possible allergic reactions or the harm to aquatic life.

Mind you, it took them years to mention that lily pollen is poisonous to cats so facts like that are clearly way down their list of important things.

The quiro ladies will no doubt be buying them by the shed load.
Not so far, and they've even commented upon how ridiculous a £126 candle would be, they've moaned about the cost of p&p and the fact that it's charged per item, and how out of touch they are. One mentioned that the Cozee Home BA suggested the fluffy poncho would be perfect to wear on a yacht?!!! BUT - They're still buying from them, and they're showing no sign of slowing down, let alone stopping!
£126 of course is a ludicrous price to pay for a candle but what they don't seem to see is that the numerous items of tat (eg Mr Christmas stuff) they're buying is pretty much adding up to the same. The candle is not a great example, as it seems to have some dubious sounding, unpronounceable ingredients, however, I'm sure it's a well made quality item, but it's a candle and no candle's worth that amount is it? The pricepoint sticks out like a sore thumb. Spend the same amount of money (about £40 of it being on postage) for a few badly made Christmas novelties, and that's completely fine! It seems to me that these people have the same gripes as we do regarding QVC, but they simply cannot stop themselves buying from them!

Similar ingredients listed for Harry Slatkin candles including the aquatic life warning on some. Do they mention that on those shows. Probably not. Don't watch candle shows as zero interest. But I went for a nosey to do a comparison as couldn't see how candle ingredients could be vastly different.

Latest posts

Back