What type of necklaces….

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As much as I hate "statement" necklaces...I don't mind the godawful owl (Kim & Co). There used to be a butterfly which I liked the best. The main reason is that containing a magnifier it could be quite useful. I was thinking of buying one, but I wasn't prepared to pay more than £36 for it ( ridiculous price.) £14.99 is about right and I'd have begrudgingly paid a couple of quid in postage on top - It isn't that price so that's that!

As much as I hate "statement" necklaces...I don't mind the godawful owl (Kim & Co). There used to be a butterfly which I liked the best. The main reason is that containing a magnifier it could be quite useful. I was thinking of buying one, but I wasn't prepared to pay more than £36 for it ( ridiculous price.) £14.99 is about right and I'd have begrudgingly paid a couple of quid in postage on top - It isn't that price so that's that!
As much as I don't much like the 'statement' necklace. (I can make my own statements without wearing one) I dislike 'meaningful' bracelets and neclaces more: the ones that show the words 'loved', 'mama', 'fantastic' or evil eye and a guardian angel.

Me too! I hate anything with inspirational sayings. Why would you wear a t shirt with ‘ you are ❤️‘d’ (or whatever) blazed across the front? Is that aimed at everyone who you meet, or just you? Jewellery with dismembered body parts (wings, hands eyes etc) are also a pet hate. I know these are popular with a lot of people, I don’t mean to offend, it’s just my personal view.

Me too! I hate anything with inspirational sayings. Why would you wear a t shirt with ‘ you are ❤️‘d’ (or whatever) blazed across the front? Is that aimed at everyone who you meet, or just you? Jewellery with dismembered body parts (wings, hands eyes etc) are also a pet hate. I know these are popular with a lot of people, I don’t mean to offend, it’s just my personal view.
....And me. I remember the daft t-shirts that Gok brought out in the heart of the pandemic bearing the legend " Not all angels have wings" £36 blinking quid & postage. Obviously alluding to our NHS nurses. Inspirational quotes are bad enough but to cash in on a pandemic, that's pretty awful really! To be fair, they might have donated a bit towards the NHS with every sale, but I could've been dreaming that bit!
I'd rather somebody tell me something with sincerity, rather than give me a piece of tin spelling out the word fabulous, or loved etc. My proper pet hate is to see people's walls covered in "inspirational quote" decals - so tacky!

IW sell some nice necklaces at far better prices than the majority that QVC stock. I’ve not bought any recently but, in the last, I bought two really lovely hermatite ones and they’re always commented on.

Just checked out the Ruthless range, and that large double heart at twenty quid is straight from the Usher range from 3 or 4 years ago for just over a tenner, - I know because I bought one.

This is all bought in from a wholesaler, so when Ruthless goes into overdrive saying "I designed this for......" and "I created this with an idea for...................! " it will be a load of b........ks.

I used to attend the Gift and Accessory Fair at the NEC and this 'stuff' could be bought wholesale for around £1 per piece (of course you had to buy them in 250 lots), but it gives you an idea of mark up prices. Also if it can be bought for a pound, just imagine the manufacturing and labour costs.

Just checked out the Ruthless range, and that large double heart at twenty quid is straight from the Usher range from 3 or 4 years ago for just over a tenner, - I know because I bought one.

This is all bought in from a wholesaler, so when Ruthless goes into overdrive saying "I designed this for......" and "I created this with an idea for...................! " it will be a load of b........ks.

I used to attend the Gift and Accessory Fair at the NEC and this 'stuff' could be bought wholesale for around £1 per piece (of course you had to buy them in 250 lots), but it gives you an idea of mark up prices. Also if it can be bought for a pound, just imagine the manufacturing and labour costs.
First appearance with her necklaces Ruth said, we didn’t have many cause we didn’t know if you would like them, and how well they would sell, we should have bought more.

First appearance with her necklaces Ruth said, we didn’t have many cause we didn’t know if you would like them, and how well they would sell, we should have bought more.
Yep, that says it all! The cheapo jewellery is an easy add on for the Q "designer" Simply buy up a few sackloads of crap you can pick up in Primark for under £2 a piece, talk the talk and as if by magic, your fan base will be clamouring to get their hands on it!
If you've got a bit more global recognition then you might be invited to "design" a piece for Diamonique!

I`ve bought tops in the past which have been sold with a free necklace similar to Ruthie`s offerings. I always gave them to charity shops and they must cost next to nothing if some websites are giving them free.

One or two of the freebies with tops were ok especially if it was an unusual colour which you wouldn’t want to actually buy and certainly none were any worse than Ruthless or Marla offerings.

She let herself down by letting that comment drop. I don't think she can honestly say that she wears her own jewelry. (But what's honesty got to do with it?)

I`ve bought tops in the past which have been sold with a free necklace similar to Ruthie`s offerings. I always gave them to charity shops and they must cost next to nothing if some websites are giving them free.
Some fab dresses I've bought from foreign websites have included long pendants that have 'matched' the dress, and the designers have always got "it right".

Some fab dresses I've bought from foreign websites have included long pendants that have 'matched' the dress, and the designers have always got "it right".
I've seen quite a few tops and dresses that come with a free necklace. I remember buying a couple of Joe Browns vest tops from IW some years ago and they came with a free necklace...Set me back about £12 all in, and the tops lasted for years, still got the necklace and it looks more expensive than RL's offerings!

Latest posts

Back