What was your worst ever purchase?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ah Brite Bites - I remember those! That guy used to come on with a cardboard cutout of himself when he was fat (which I used to think didn't look that much different than he was now!)

They used to show videos of testimonials from people (British) who had lost loads of weight by eating these, but they were all still overweight and really unconvincing :rolleyes:

Wasn't the guy the son of the founder of QVC or something?

Yes I bought them to try and they tasted like dog poo to me lol:Dyes it was my worst ever product buy aswell
I think he was the son of the founder, maybe we should check.

Just remembered the Magic Liquid Soap thingy.

You put bits of leftover soap in a plastic pot, added some water and the 'magic' beads [shades of Jack and the Beanstalk here?] then left it overnight.

Out poured a scummy liquid with all the texture and allure of snot.

Bleargh!

The green plastic bags--useless.
The pasta cooker--useless.
Kim and Co black trousers which turned greeny-brown in the (hand)wash and leaked dye all over a new pale pink cashmere sweater.
Set of raspberry canes none of which grew.

My worst purchase was the window washers. How easy did it look in the demonstration? Looked like the blades just glided across your windows. No such luck!! You needed to be Hulk Hogan to drag the darn things. They have now been relegated to the shed. Talking of Hulk Hogan, another worse purchase was his grill. I was taken in by the fact that you could cook a pizza on it. Could you heck as like. We tried it once and our neighbours dog could have used it for a frizzbee!! I think the reason I bought it was the Hulk had Dale in a headlock and I must have thought I could save him by buying one of his grills!!:D Then QVC sent me a letter saying that there was a possibility it could catch fire if you used oil on the hot plates. Too late for me as it had gone to the charity shop the week before!! Everytime three was a house fire in my area I was terrified it was as a result of my grill:eek:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL love it!
I bought the bluddy grill too-I love it for bacon and that-but I have to admit I'm scared stiff of the thing.

brite bites

Ah Brite Bites - I remember those! That guy used to come on with a cardboard cutout of himself when he was fat (which I used to think didn't look that much different than he was now!)

They used to show videos of testimonials from people (British) who had lost loads of weight by eating these, but they were all still overweight and really unconvincing :rolleyes:

Wasn't the guy the son of the founder of QVC or something?
Oh yes I remember him . He hasn't been on for ages and I read somewhere that one of the ingredients of Brite Bites had been found to cause cancer in rats - ok it was just rats but heh !!!! chromium picolinate I think it was called . I wonder if that was why they took him orf ??

Spacer-saver bags as flogged by that dreadful Cleasby woman. All the air leaked back in after a while - useless! :rolleyes:

I agree with you about these. I bought one set and they were awful and then a few years later bought more having been convinced about their "improved technology". Useless!

What a great thread - LOL

Well, for me a models prefer - one and only purchase from the range - of a contained blusher/brush - put two dabs on cheek - looked like Aunt Sally (ok so I am a Sally and I am an aunt...) and then ...FACE ON FIRE - left two dry red sore marks!

Also one of those light up mirror tweezer sets where the tweezers don't tweeze and the shape of the magnifier mirror meant I nearly knocked two front teeth out...:D

DID any one ever try the freedom eating thinging, with two girls that came on with it ,christ long before i got in to fittness the right way this was , we tried it , it was only eat when you were hungry , bugger me we didnt eat for 3 or more days we never felt our hunger at all ,you ask me it was more dangerous than it was good , no wonder they werent seen again on qvc , they probably starved to death,
what a load of old tosh that was :mad:

What's this MUQ? I've never heard of it! Do you take a tablet or listen to something and it's supposed to (or did in your case!) stop you eating? Thanks.

What a great thread - LOL

Well, for me a models prefer - one and only purchase from the range - of a contained blusher/brush - put two dabs on cheek - looked like Aunt Sally (ok so I am a Sally and I am an aunt...) and then ...FACE ON FIRE - left two dry red sore marks!

Also one of those light up mirror tweezer sets where the tweezers don't tweeze and the shape of the magnifier mirror meant I nearly knocked two front teeth out...:D

Yes one of my bad purchases was Models Prefer. I was seduced by that white cosmetics case a few years ago. Was very unimpressed with the case and the contents and it cost a fortune to return. Never dabbled with the range since.

Elemis Trienzyme wash left my face red and burning as well. Funnily enough QVC rang me when I submitted a review, to tell me off for not patch testing (I had) and still didn't run the review, even though I have seen others where people said a product made their face burn. Scared to lose the brand I wonder ...?

Reading some of the posts on here reminded me of some other bits of carp that I've bought from QVC over the years. These are Brite Bites (absolute carp and never worked), No Wet Wonder Foam (the brush wouldn't work and my carpet was left wet and still dirty) and 2 pairs of Markon boots which I couldn't even get my feet in (so much for the made for the bigger woman). Needless to say they went back although I did ask for the next size on one of the pairs of boots but they gave me a refund instead. :D

My two worst were the Salon Essentials Home Electrolysis kit - I should have realised from the price (£16.99) that it wouldn't be up to much, and I was right - it didn't work, the unit fell to bits on me the first time I used it and the conducting gel gave me a rash...

Secondly was a Leighton Denny Manicure kit, two of the products had broken in the packaging and when I opened it up the contents leaked over my carpet - one was oil based so had a right laugh trying to get that out lol.

Ooh a third one was a really nice Modern Soul knitted jumper which after one 30 degree wash in the machine shrank so small that my next door neighbours little kids would struggle to get it to fit them...

And a fourth *pauses for breath...* was another Modern Soul roll neck jumper which arrived with a huge rip in the front. Not impressed with this range at all, which is a shame because a lot of the pieces look so nice on the TV

A TSV Flower Preserver kit.

I also bought one of those easy-peasy graters which comes with various blades and prepares salads in seconds.
As if!
All I ever grated was the skin on my hands.
Ouch.

I bought one of those. Talk about a lethal weapon. I found it quite awkward to use and always ended up with bits of plastic in the food from the lemon squeezer thingy.

Just remembered the Magic Liquid Soap thingy.

You put bits of leftover soap in a plastic pot, added some water and the 'magic' beads [shades of Jack and the Beanstalk here?] then left it overnight.

Out poured a scummy liquid with all the texture and allure of snot.

Bleargh!

I remember those very well,Sublime.I used a whole bar of L'occitane milk soap trying to turn it into handwash so I wouldn't have to pay huge prices again :rolleyes:
No Wet Wonder foam was another that didn't work & the V Slicer was dangerous.
The infamous Brite Bites tasted cr*p & didn't work either.

Great thread! Don't have anything funny to add, but I do have an epilator and those spiked rubber things you put on the bottom of your shoes so you don't slip on ice - both of which are still in their boxes - so I wonder...

Oooo......I got those ice spiky things a couple of years ago to give as Xmas pressies for my dad and father in law......i got some very funny looks on Xmas day...the dads just couldn't hide their confusion/bewilderment etc etc....

Just remembered the set of indestructable pens I bought years ago. The woman guest presenter used to stab the nib of the fountain pen through a coke can, then write with it to show that the nib hadn't been damaged :rolleyes:

Great for the kids for school I thought! Well they were absolute rubbish, leaked everywhere making a mess in their school bags and coat pockets. The ballpoint pens started to blob and smudge after a week or so and the pencil leads were that thin that they snapped under the slightest pressure :what:

Not seen them on QVC for years, funny how a stupid demonstration can persuade you to buy something :embarassed:

About 9 years ago I bought the Rolykit, that was awful. It was the large one and you needed about 10ft of space to unroll it. Then you would find the item you were looking for in the very last section!!:(:rolleyes:

It Work's Cleaning Blocks did not work for me. Absolutely B'locks

The only thing they seem to clean is the ends of my fingers from all of the frantic rubbing.

They had no impact on the grout in my shower.
The brown marks on the bottom of my pans was untouched
The light stains on my oven door refused to shift

So essentially the Blocks failed on everything demonstrated on-air. I obviously don't have the right type of fake "studio stain" to remove

I would have sent them back but in my haste I shredded the invoice and returns slip

Stuart

Just remembered the set of indestructable pens I bought years ago. The woman guest presenter used to stab the nib of the fountain pen through a coke can, then write with it to show that the nib hadn't been damaged :rolleyes:

Great for the kids for school I thought! Well they were absolute rubbish, leaked everywhere making a mess in their school bags and coat pockets. The ballpoint pens started to blob and smudge after a week or so and the pencil leads were that thin that they snapped under the slightest pressure :what:

Not seen them on QVC for years, funny how a stupid demonstration can persuade you to buy something :embarassed:

I have still got a few of them on the go.

Many years ago i bought the Harris no loss paint brushes.
The bristles were not supposed to fall out. errm yes they did, we used them a few times and that was it.

Latest posts

Back