Whatever happened to...?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, the yog maker, put about 1 tsp of previous yog into next one with 1 litre milk (I use UHT skimmed or semi).
Do you leave it for about 8 hours as recommended for Easiyo sachets? And does it set quite thick? I have found it harder and harder to get Easiyo to set properly. I usually have to leave it an hour or two longer at least and that’s using a bit of hot water in the mix instead of cold from the tap, as well as standing the flask somewhere warm, like near a radiator. I also find after using a bit of the newly made yoghurt, next time I go to use it, there’s loads of liquid on the top (whey?) which makes it even runnier if I stir it back in.

Do you leave it for about 8 hours as recommended for Easiyo sachets? And does it set quite thick? I have found it harder and harder to get Easiyo to set properly. I usually have to leave it an hour or two longer at least and that’s using a bit of hot water in the mix instead of cold from the tap, as well as standing the flask somewhere warm, like near a radiator. I also find after using a bit of the newly made yoghurt, next time I go to use it, there’s loads of liquid on the top (whey?) which makes it even runnier if I stir it back in.
I usually make it in the morning and open it the next morning, it is always set and firm enough. SS milk is firmer than S, but SS fresh milk was like drinking yogurt.

I have 3 x 1 litre pots on the go, one brewing, one sterilised, and one for eating. I sterilise with boiling water, wait until cool enough to handle (still hot) then use this in the yogurt maker, as this saves water and electricity.

You will need a starter, either an easiyo you've just made, or a pot of natural shop yogurt.

The man who came over with New York gems, gorgeous pieces out of my price range back then. I always remember he sold a pair of London Blue Topaz studs, I think emerald cut? He said he designed them for his daughter. I loved them the deepest blue shade. He disappeared after 9/11 never appeared again.

Then a different man came over doing Las Vegas gems. He also did gorgeous gemstone jewellery.
I still wear my Las Vegas gem - pink sapphire rings, and the sparkle is off the scale !

Ladies if you remember we saw these gem people before 9/11 happened, and never since. I have often wondered in they were among those killed because a lot of them had their offices in the world trade centres. I hope I’m wrong but seems such a coincidence.
I didn't start buying from QVC until 2003, so all my jewellery was bought after 9/11. The days when gold was cheap and the design were stunning.

Oh, the time when gold was cheap. I used have, I will not spend more than £40 if I really love £45. And got gorgeous pieces, from Gems TV as called back then, rings with 4 grams of gold in them.

I used to buy from a lady who made her own jewellery on eBay, she used 9ct gold and I used to buy earrings with gemstones. I used to ask for the stones I wanted, and the most I spent was around £30. Then gold when up and suddenly the same earrings cost £60-80! People started selling their broken gold, we had a thread down in the drop here with the best places to sell. I sold some lightweight chains and no stones but gold earrings. They did not even fill the palm of my hand and I got £300+ and bought a new laptop.

I usually make it in the morning and open it the next morning, it is always set and firm enough. SS milk is firmer than S, but SS fresh milk was like drinking yogurt.

I have 3 x 1 litre pots on the go, one brewing, one sterilised, and one for eating. I sterilise with boiling water, wait until cool enough to handle (still hot) then use this in the yogurt maker, as this saves water and electricity.

You will need a starter, either an easiyo you've just made, or a pot of natural shop yogurt.
Great, thanks Strato. 👍

Latest posts

Back