Whatever happened to...?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Property of a Lady did some lovely jewellery - think he was called Robert McCammon? Black Hills Gold was one of my favourites too. Beth Tyrell did some washable suede shirts which I had a few of, and there was a nice oriental lady who did fashion, great fitting jeans and tops. I think her background was in figure skating??????

I used to buy Tiana B dresses in fact still have some, because my main interest is beauty I really miss the Smashbox shows especially when Timber was presenting 🙂
one person I’m glad to see the back of is Dennis Basso, although he still is on Q America.
Smashbox! Yeah, remember that...really liked it. Wasn't Dennis Basso the guy with the mega deep voice selling the faux fur stuff...? 🤔

They have been selling Easiyo on QVC recently, though I found it cheaper to buy direct from Easiyo’s website.
As I said, I don't buy any packets, I use about a teaspoonful of today's yogurt as a starter to make tomorrow's. It is plain though, not flavoured, and I find it delicious.

This "starter" has been used for about 10 years so far, so the only cost is the milk.

As I said, I don't buy any packets, I use about a teaspoonful of today's yogurt as a starter to make tomorrow's. It is plain though, not flavoured, and I find it delicious.

This "starter" has been used for about 10 years so far, so the only cost is the milk.
I’ve always been fascinated by this. Maybe I should try it. I don’t eat that much yoghurt, though, and although the plain is more versatile, I don’t eat it on its own, so I’d either have to use most of it in cooking or mix it with other, flavoured ones to make it more palatable. What do you do with yours and how do you use a pot a day? I take it you don’t mean a litre/kilo pot?

Indigo Moon was the daughter of Jennifer, the fairy jewellery range.

Skagen was bought over by Fossil. I still wear the brand, but I mine in shops when sales on. Never liked the ones with fake diamonds. Just plain and simple for me.
I thought Indigo Moon was the brainchild of a Russian designer based in New York. Jennifer's brand was Dream keeper- a lot of pieces I still have like all the beaded ponchos.

I loved a fashion range called Barak, their pieces were really unique, and I still have a couple of pieces. Years old !!!

I’ve always been fascinated by this. Maybe I should try it. I don’t eat that much yoghurt, though, and although the plain is more versatile, I don’t eat it on its own, so I’d either have to use most of it in cooking or mix it with other, flavoured ones to make it more palatable. What do you do with yours and how do you use a pot a day? I take it you don’t mean a litre/kilo pot?
Yes, 1 litre every day, I love the plain flavour, and it is slightly different every pot. Eat 1/3 pot after breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Indigo Moon was the daughter of Jennifer, the fairy jewellery range.

Skagen was bought over by Fossil. I still wear the brand, but I mine in shops when sales on. Never liked the ones with fake diamonds. Just plain and simple for me.
My hubby loves the Skagen watches as he hates the big chunky ones. He settled on Skagen because he couldn't justify the price of the Rado watches.

I thought Indigo Moon was the brainchild of a Russian designer based in New York. Jennifer's brand was Dream keeper- a lot of pieces I still have like all the beaded ponchos.
Yes, I remember the Russian woman was called Yulia Something.

I think the brand rep, who looked & sounded well to do, was found to have taken part in a ‘scantily clad model’ photo shoot (not for a QVC brand I hasten to add).

Property of a Lady did some lovely jewellery - think he was called Robert McCammon? Black Hills Gold was one of my favourites too. Beth Tyrell did some washable suede shirts which I had a few of, and there was a nice oriental lady who did fashion, great fitting jeans and tops. I think her background was in figure skating??????
Cydney Mar? She was so lovely and had great clothes. I loved that man that did Cloisonne jewellery, loved Tiana B and also Suzie B jewellery. The New York jewellery and then I think it was LA jewellery - I think it was the same man. Gorgeous QVC was quite the unique shopping experience back in the day. And who can ever forget Dexter Moscow. Christmas can't be the same.

CC

The man who came over with New York gems, gorgeous pieces out of my price range back then. I always remember he sold a pair of London Blue Topaz studs, I think emerald cut? He said he designed them for his daughter. I loved them the deepest blue shade. He disappeared after 9/11 never appeared again.

Then a different man came over doing Las Vegas gems. He also did gorgeous gemstone jewellery.

I’m now trying to work out the link between a torch obsession and a yoghurt-rich diet. (Only kidding.)
Just ordered these (but not all for me). They convert into torches! - - -

Screenshot (2527).png

Smashbox! Yeah, remember that...really liked it. Wasn't Dennis Basso the guy with the mega deep voice selling the faux fur stuff...? 🤔
Smashbox was sold in some branches of Boots for a while and then disappeared. As for Dennis Basso he only sold faux fur on Q. but otherwise he is known as a furrier and sells real fur in American stores and boasts that most celebrities wear 'his' furs. So glad he isn't on our screens anymore.

I'm the owner of this little beauty. It converts into a regular hand torch so it's ideal for camping trips and doubles up as a reading lamp. There are times when I could've done with it around the house, when I've found the torch on my phone a little bit awkward to use but because I only really use it camping I store it without the batteries to stop them leaking and corroding. I couldn't done with it the other day but I couldn't be bothered to root around for the batteries, but if you want a torch that doubles up as a lamp, then you can't go wrong with this one. It's Stanley so a good reliable brand.

Attachments

• 2024-02-10.png
    2024-02-10.png
    398.8 KB · Views: 0
Cydney Mar? She was so lovely and had great clothes. I loved that man that did Cloisonne jewellery, loved Tiana B and also Suzie B jewellery. The New York jewellery and then I think it was LA jewellery - I think it was the same man. Gorgeous QVC was quite the unique shopping experience back in the day. And who can ever forget Dexter Moscow. Christmas can't be the same.

CC
Of Course! Cydney Mar! Thank you so much, it was driving me mad trying to remember her name.

Latest posts

Back