When next day delivery doesn't work!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

upsidedown

Registered Shopper
I ordered the Gatineau melatoginine/defilift eye cream duo Weds night around 9.30 so was obviously too late to be delivered by Thurs. Their website confirmed it would be delivered on Friday at my work address. Anyway it wasn't. I logged on late last night and it was showing as shipped. Why can't they get it right? Amazon manages it most of the time. The kicker was QVC CS called me on Thursday to confirm it would be delivered on Friday and not Thurs as it was ordered late Weds. I was there thinking good on QVC for the call. I said oh well I wasn't expecting it on Thursday as the website even confirmed it would be Friday delivery. I called today and asked for the £2 to be refunded as they hadn't delivered next day, the lady on the phone was lovely and actioned the refund. I know how annoying they can be sometimes. I hope they deliver on Monday. I bet the silly bints would have tried to deliver today being Saturday despite it being a work address. You would think if the delivery address given is work related they would aim to deliver between Monday to Friday 9-5.

I've only used next day delivery once and it wasn't delivered next day. My gripe was that they then couldn't tell me when it would be delivered. They have no way of tracking or tracing the parcel which I think is rubbish. It did arrive but on day 3 or 4. I got the full delivery charge refunded. I wouldn't use it again.

The prices Q charge for postage they should be using DPD rather than Hermes, with DPD you can track you order , change delivery day and they give you a one hour delivery slot with the drivers name.

Hermes are absolutely dreadful. I really don't understand why such a lot of companies use them.

I've had several issues over the years with them. I had a driver who, if I wasn't in, just threw the parcels over my back fence. I have 3 large dogs which are often out in the garden!! On one of these occasions the item was breakable and yes when I opened the box it was in a million pieces. On another occasion I had ordered a pair of shoes which I had intended to wear to my Dad's funeral. They arrived the day before and were thrown over the fence whilst I was out dealing with funeral arrangements. The youngest of my dogs got a hold of the parcel and ripped it to shreds - shoes as well, ruining them and leaving me no time to get a replacement. I've came home to a £70 bottle of perfume sitting on my front doorstep, a couple of hundred pounds worth of clothing sitting on the bench in my front garden and a parcel I found days later which was inside my paper recycling bin which was out that day for emptying. Fortunately on that occasion the bin had already been emptied or the parcel would've been away and I'd have been none the wiser as no card had been left through my door to tell me where it was. I brought the bin back in to the garden but only discovered the parcel the next time I went to take out the recycling.

On each of these occasions their tracking information had shown these parcels as having been "delivered". I'm sorry, I do not class leaving a parcel abandoned on the grounds of a property as having being properly delivered.

And despite me having taken these issues up with them several times and also having a little sign inside the glass of my front door which says "please do not throw parcels over fence or leave outside" it still continues !!!! There is also a sign on my back gate which says "Beware of Dogs". You'd think people would use an ounce of common sense and when they go to throw something over a fence or gate and see 3 huge dogs barking at them they'd maybe think twice about what they're doing. Makes me mad :angry:

They use Hermes because they`re the cheapest. Most of their delivery people use their own vehicles so Hermes don`t have to outlay for vans, vehicle tax, repairs and insurance and they pay the delivery people £1 per item and they won`t return parcels to the depot because they don`t get paid if they do. Hence parcels are chucked over fences or left on doorsteps etc.
It`s infuriating because QVC p and p is the highest I`ve seen and customers should receive the best and not the worst deliveries for their money. To add insult to injury QVC will have negotiated a yearly block payment to Hermes instead of a price per parcel and will be paying far less than we would pay to send something. Hermes will enjoy a huge cash injection in one go and QVC will be able to send thousands of parcels at cut price.

This next day delivery sounds like a right con! Glad people have posted about it because it has made me decide l will never use it! To date l can only praise my Hermes delivery. I have had no problems. I get stuff delivered to work and if we have been closed they have delivered next day. I only hope l am not jinxing things by saying this having just ordered the Liz Earle TSV! Hope it gets delivered OK!

I had a lovely Hermes lady. Ended up swopping numbers so she would text me to arrange delivery. Unfortunately she had to give it up as not worthwhile. I was really sad to see her go as she really made my life easier.

My Hermes drivers are really nice. I buy from boohoo.com and they also use Hermes. Their next day delivery never, ever fails.

Have to say I know others who use the QVC next day delivery without problem but my one experience was rubbish.

my experience with hermes is very good because my handsome driver is lovely. also as nieghbours we take in each others parcels. so lucky to have had him many years

The way Hermes works, it's a lottery whether you will get good service or not.

I would nominate Yodel as the worst of the delivery companies (formerly Home Delivery Network, I think... always a good sign when they have to change their name :mysmilie_11: ).

Frustratingly slow though it can be, I'd prefer Royal Mail did the delivery.

The problem with this race to the bottom on prices is that for many customers the experience of getting goods delivered is so unsatisfactory they think twice about ordering from the company. How is that good business sense?

I got my £2 refunded when "Next Day" delivery didn't happen which is fine and as it should be, but if Q offer a next day service that's what they should fulfil; £2 refund is just the most basic remedy, but people have a reason for upgrading to next day and Q don't offer a remedy for whatever disappointment non-delivery causes the buyer.

I'm fairly lucky in that it wouldn't apply to my geographical area so I won't be sucked in by false promises.
As Akimbo said you use this for a reason, rarely just because you can't wait to get your hands on it (contrary to the presenters gushing that we will) so just the 2 quid refund is totally inadequate.
TBH the normal postage prices should be next day anyway so just what exactly does the extra cover and what additional element of the delivery process does the extra elimate?

i just don't understand why Q takes so long to get the actual product into the RM/carrier system in the first place. The so called 3 to 5 days is taken up before it even leaves the warehouse. All delivery problems stem from this IMO but the carrier gets it in the neck.

So far my next day delivery has been prompt ,no problem .My Hermes drivers keep changing yearly but all have been very nice .They either leave with the neighbour but since a while now I have kept the blue small recycling box ( as we have large wheelie bins for recycling ) as my box to put parcels in .Even the Royal Mail is aware of it and any parcels other than special delivery are kept in that .Few neighbours stuff at times is also left in my box ,but they had asked me before so ,it's fine so far ,fingers crossed .

My Hermes lady is really nice and knows where to hide parcels for me.

I ordered perfume from TKMaxx late Wednesday night and it arrived yesterday morning. I was expecting Monday or Tuesday.

I'm fairly lucky in that it wouldn't apply to my geographical area so I won't be sucked in by false promises.
As Akimbo said you use this for a reason, rarely just because you can't wait to get your hands on it (contrary to the presenters gushing that we will) so just the 2 quid refund is totally inadequate.
TBH the normal postage prices should be next day anyway so just what exactly does the extra cover and what additional element of the delivery process does the extra elimate?

i just don't understand why Q takes so long to get the actual product into the RM/carrier system in the first place. The so called 3 to 5 days is taken up before it even leaves the warehouse. All delivery problems stem from this IMO but the carrier gets it in the neck.

You are right....the least they could do is refund the £2 which they did in my case and isn't such a big deal. It doesn't make up for the inconvenience. They are a huge brand and I can't believe they can't do more to ensure the products get to the customers the next day. Some time ago, Amazon missed their next day delivery to me and they gave me a couple months extra on my prime account.

I ordered something once on Gems - back in the day (few years ago now) when they charged £4.95 for normal delivery and, I think, about £2.00 more for next day (I may be out a bit on the amount of the extra charge, but round about that amount). I only did it once - because it took 2 working days to arrive, and I'd ordered before midday, so should have come next day by rights. I did ask for my extra payment back, and to be fair they did credit it without quibbling. Sometime later, a friend also paid for quick delivery and didn't get it - she rang to ask for a refund and the callcentre said it was the carrier's fault, although they did refund. This is the trouble - you pay for it, and then if the supplier or carrier does default, you've effectively paid extra for nowt. Factor in the phone call or time spent e-mailing, and unless you are desperate for the item in question and happy to take a chance, don't bother would be my advice.

I've only used next day delivery once and it wasn't delivered next day. My gripe was that they then couldn't tell me when it would be delivered. They have no way of tracking or tracing the parcel which I think is rubbish. It did arrive but on day 3 or 4. I got the full delivery charge refunded. I wouldn't use it again.

Even Royal Mail have their problems - there's a community website in this area that many of us locals use, and lately it's been awash with complaints about RM - one lady has had 3 'signed for' parcels go missing!! And some poor soul had paid for a signed for service! That's just the tip of the iceberg - who the heck are RM employing these days? Post delivered at 2pm in the afternoon (if you're lucky, 5pm if not), and no such common-sense thing as rotating the delivery schedules, so that every street gets a turn at either early or late deliveries - oh no, that's too logical. I could paper a room with complaints to local sorting office and local MP.

The way Hermes works, it's a lottery whether you will get good service or not.

I would nominate Yodel as the worst of the delivery companies (formerly Home Delivery Network, I think... always a good sign when they have to change their name :mysmilie_11: ).

Frustratingly slow though it can be, I'd prefer Royal Mail did the delivery.

The problem with this race to the bottom on prices is that for many customers the experience of getting goods delivered is so unsatisfactory they think twice about ordering from the company. How is that good business sense?

I had a lovely Hermes lady. Ended up swopping numbers so she would text me to arrange delivery. Unfortunately she had to give it up as not worthwhile. I was really sad to see her go as she really made my life easier.

I have to agree. My previous Hermes delivery people were brilliant and the current couple are great. They even keep parcels safe for me if they know I'm not going to be around.

I'm one of the lucky ones - my Hermes lady (and her family!) are excellent. As my front door is right onto a main road, there is no safe place to leave parcels if I'm not there so they've often brought them back late in the evening or on Sundays. Can't ask for better really :) For me, it's RM who are the problem. We often get no post delivered at all, presumably no one could be found to walk the round? and the postman never gets anyone to sign for Recorded Delivery items. I always tell people who send things so they can get a refund! And he just slings stuff in the door, and isn't very friendly.

Latest posts

Back