When next day delivery doesn't work!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

* Sometime later said:
[/I]did refund. This is the trouble - you pay for it, and then if the supplier or carrier does default, you've effectively paid extra for nowt. Factor in the phone call or time spent e-mailing, and unless you are desperate for the item in question and happy to take a chance, don't bother would be my advice.

Your contract is with the company you pay the money to, they cannot use the excuse that it's the carrier's fault, that's their problem not yours!

.............they pay the delivery people £1 per item and they won`t return parcels to the depot because they don`t get paid if they do. Hence parcels are chucked over fences or left on doorsteps etc.

I didn't know that Vienna. But that completely explains why my stuff is always just dumped in the various places I have mentioned. Obviously the guy doesn't want to to take it back to the depot and can't be bothered trying to deliver it later on or another day.

I'd never pay the £2 for next day delivery when some other companies can manage it without an additional charge. Having said that, the last few items that I have ordered from QVC have all arrived within 48 hours and I'm quite happy with that.

I'd say yours sounds exactly like our one, but we never see the same RM person twice, although all are equally unsmiling. Either Royal Mail have a huge staff turnover in this area or their policy is to rotate the delivery people. Our neighbour refers to them as "The Really Miserables".

QUOTE=Moth;823607]I'm one of the lucky ones - my Hermes lady (and her family!) are excellent. As my front door is right onto a main road, there is no safe place to leave parcels if I'm not there so they've often brought them back late in the evening or on Sundays. Can't ask for better really :) For me, it's RM who are the problem. We often get no post delivered at all, presumably no one could be found to walk the round? and the postman never gets anyone to sign for Recorded Delivery items. I always tell people who send things so they can get a refund! And he just slings stuff in the door, and isn't very friendly.[/QUOTE]

QVC offering the next day delivery was just a trial, it is now finished and they are likely to bring it back in the new year once they have ironed out the issues that have occurred.

I think QVC will need to do a re-think on that old chestnut P&P charges and delivery.I have just ordered some items from Landsend which were delivered in 3 days.I did have to pay P&P on this order but there was a 25% discount on all items so didn't mind.One item was a Down jacket which is lovely but I wondered if I could have got away with a smaller size.So have 'phoned them & they are sending me the smaller size ( of course I have had to pay for the item on my credit card but I know I will have a refund before the statement is due) with free P&P and when one is returned I will be refunded to cost of return.It's perhaps a small thing but it will mean I return to this company.With Q adding a £4/£5+ to each item has become a NO NO.

It's surprising that a global empire like QVC can't offer free next day delivery on top of their already expensive delivery charges, how on earth do the have any problems? I ordered a travel cot from Toys r Us late Tuesday and got it today, I ordered something from Amazon yesterday morning and it came today, both free p&p. QVC were innovative twenty two years ago, today they're just out dated.

QVC seemed to be entrenched in there p and p practise. They have no real competitors in the shopping telly market,HSE went before they could be!

I've always said this - that time and money spent on customer service isn't money wasted. Something that happened recently with an online shopping purchase has reinforced to me the need to stick with the companies who treat you well as a customer, either free p&p or reasonable charge, and all refunds prompt and hassle-free. Every company fouls up now and again, they're only human, but if they hold up their hands and try to make up for it, that's all you can ask. Q is donkey's years behind the times in so many ways, they are just completely out of touch (and some of their fashion proves it!!).

UOTE=Silver Fox;824287]I think QVC will need to do a re-think on that old chestnut P&P charges and delivery.I have just ordered some items from Landsend which were delivered in 3 days.I did have to pay P&P on this order but there was a 25% discount on all items so didn't mind.One item was a Down jacket which is lovely but I wondered if I could have got away with a smaller size.So have 'phoned them & they are sending me the smaller size ( of course I have had to pay for the item on my credit card but I know I will have a refund before the statement is due) with free P&P and when one is returned I will be refunded to cost of return.It's perhaps a small thing but it will mean I return to this company.With Q adding a £4/£5+ to each item has become a NO NO.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, shopperholic - they are stuck in the Q time-warp, and their p & p charges have always been off the wall - I wouldn't mind, but most of their stuff isn't exactly at bargain basement prices, and when you've factored in the p & p on top, they must have made (and still be making) megabucks over the years.
It's surprising that a global empire like QVC can't offer free next day delivery on top of their already expensive delivery charges, how on earth do the have any problems? I ordered a travel cot from Toys r Us late Tuesday and got it today, I ordered something from Amazon yesterday morning and it came today, both free p&p. QVC were innovative twenty two years ago, today they're just out dated.

Latest posts

Back