Who are your favourites?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Here is the lovely Caroline Macleod-Smith web site
You can book her for a full day personal shopping at £420 including lunch and refreshments. I think that will be on the dreaded high street with no sight or sound of QVC 😂

Here is the lovely Caroline Macleod-Smith web site
You can book her for a full day personal shopping at £420 including lunch and refreshments. I think that will be on the dreaded high street with no sight or sound of QVC 😂

Yes, reading her cv she's clearly got the background - compare it with that of Katy Pemberton, and I know who I'd rather style me.

Bit controversial but I’m afraid I like Julia and still think she’s the best presenter! I also like Simon Wilson because he tells it like it is (also liked Leighton Denny for the same reason) I also like Jilly but since someone on this forum pointed out that she says everything is ‘well worth going for’ it gets on my nerves now 😄 Can’t watch Jill Franks, Anne Dawson or Chloe

And I think Glen Campbell seems like a really nice man 😊

Julia used to be a favourite of mine, but no more. I see too many negative traits now to enjoy watching a full show with her any more... but we all are entitled to our opinions, so never fear saying what you think, Starlight.

I do like Dale - he's a bit more old-skool and restrained than the others. Less hard sell, and he always comes across as affable and good-humoured. I used to strongly dislike Jill Franks, but since her voice issue has forced her to stop screeching and squawking, she's actually rather good.

My least favourite is probably Alison Keenan. I've never bought that folksy 'I'm just like you routine', and the woman is incapable of letting anyone else speak for more than a sentence before having to jump in with a inane comment or unnecessary interjection. She's constant blabbering on in the background and interrupting people's flow, which I find distracting and incredibly rude at times.

I like Chunts I think she comes across as a really nice person, it's hard to tell but, I'd imagine her being a very kind person. I also really like June, the Frank Usher lady.
Catherine is very nice just like she is on tv...June is very professional old school in the nicest possible way

June is very professional old school in the nicest possible way
Yes, good old June. She's like those nice ladies you used to get in John Lewis and independent department stores in the Hosiery department or some such - well turned out, well spoken, polite, professional, helpful without being over-familiar or pushy. The sort of shops that sold 'foundation garments' and giant long-line bras and full-brief pants, and none of this slinky sheer lingerie.

Last edited:
I like June too - she seems fairly genuine. I used to like the Bare Minerals ladies together as they seemed to have a great friendship.
Saw SJ on Instagram recommending eyeko mascara,she's practically unrecogniseable as the same person who was on Q !!

I don't think Julia's as good a presenter as she used to be, she is more hesitant at times. I can't watch Anne Dawson and have to turn over, I find her presenting very false and full of 'you know's. I like Katy Pullinger, she seems really nice and isn't over pushy. Not keen on Eilidh as a presenter either, not sure why. Charlie is ok, he makes me laugh sometimes and is my favourite male presenter. Gone off Miceal for some reason, I think I find him too serious. Dale I find too much of a salesman along with Debbie F. I think Kathryn is getting better than when she first started. Chloe I can take or leave and I'm one of the few who doesn't mind Jill, I know she seems to have bought everything she presents, but she comes across as a nice person and I reckon she'd be a good friend. I also think Jilly would be a good friend, she's ok as a presenter I suppose.

** Not that any of the ones mentioned would want to be friends lol**

I agree with you about Jill Franks - I'm one of the Few who likes her and I hope she recovers from her throat problem. Another vote for Katy Pullinger and Jilly. Julia used to be very good. Used to be but she's now far too much of a diva for me. The only vaguely ok males are Dale and Simon, imho. Isn't it just as well we're all different?

Yes, good old June. She's like those nice ladies you used to get in John Lewis and independent department stores in the Hosiery department or some such - well turned out, well spoken, polite, professional, helpful without being over-familiar or pushy. The sort of shops that sold 'foundation garments' and giant long-line bras and full-brief pants, and none of this slinky sheer lingerie.
Hmmmm, is June a little like Mrs Slocombe in "Are You Being Served? I suddenly thought of a similarity. Was it Mollie Sugden?

CC

Bit controversial but I’m afraid I like Julia and still think she’s the best presenter! I also like Simon Wilson because he tells it like it is (also liked Leighton Denny for the same reason) I also like Jilly but since someone on this forum pointed out that she says everything is ‘well worth going for’ it gets on my nerves now 😄 Can’t watch Jill Franks, Anne Dawson or Chloe

And I think Glen Campbell seems like a really nice man 😊
I loved the shows with where she started with a bare face (can't remember if it was with Stacey in the big rollers?) and put on her make up. Fun and didn't feel like a full on hard sell. Don't know if it was her decision or Qs to stop.

I loved the shows with where she started with a bare face (can't remember if it was with Stacey in the big rollers?) and put on her make up. Fun and didn't feel like a full on hard sell. Don't know if it was her decision or Qs to stop.

Latest posts

Back