Why

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the same thing happened on sunday with mark ryes haha, though to be fair to him he did seem to shrug it of as one of those things (he must assume its a regular occurance haha)

Mark does seem more relaxed about such errors. I maybe wrong but Mike has a look sometimes of heads will roll after the show when things go wrong.

Mine probably did

I will not lose sleep over it

Its not a competition

I don't understand how you can constantly be on Wirral's case about his ASA complaints (which you can count on one hand near enough) when you on your own confession have been banned from complaining to them. It is almost like you have a problem with the ASA banning you so you take it out on the nearest person who had had their complaints upheld.

Only 2 of my complaints weren't upheld, one being because they sorted it informally so hardly codswallop.

Well you can hardly say that "the more likely reason" that people are banned from complaining is because they complaints are codswallop, as you only know of 2 people and one wasn't for that reason....

I don't understand how you can constantly be on Wirral's case about his ASA complaints (which you can count on one hand near enough) when you on your own confession have been banned from complaining to them. It is almost like you have a problem with the ASA banning you so you take it out on the nearest person who had had their complaints upheld.

It probably doesn't help wirrals case him keep posting weekly updates of the upheld complaints since the start of the year, puts him in the light a bit...

It probably doesn't help wirrals case him keep posting weekly updates of the upheld complaints since the start of the year, puts him in the light a bit...

With all due respect I don't have a case to defend Benny and certainly not to any posters who have been banned by the ASA for the amount of times they have complained, what has been said is utterly ludicrous. And very funny too :giggle:

I have made 6 Complaints about Sit-Up including 1 pending and it's me who is always on their back? Laughable, quite laughable.

Last edited:
With all due respect I don't have a case to defend Benny and certainly not to any posters who have been banned by the ASA for the amount of times they have complained, what has been said is utterly ludicrous. And very funny too :giggle:

I have made 6 Complaints about Sit-Up including 1 pending and it's me who is always on their back? Laughable, quite laughable.

At no stage have I said that you complain too much. I was saying why OTHERS may think so.

And also I am no longer banned from making complaints thank you very much.

At no stage have I said that you complain too much. I was saying why OTHERS may think so.

And also I am no longer banned from making complaints thank you very much.

I never specifically referred to you Benny, you weren't the only one who was banned :wink:

Last edited:
With all due respect I don't have a case to defend Benny and certainly not to any posters who have been banned by the ASA for the amount of times they have complained

I never specifically referred to you Benny, you weren't the only one who was banned :wink:

Well only 2 were banned and saying posters made it sound like it was aimed at both of us. I was merely saying why people may point you out about making complaints as you are one who has brought it up the most over the past eight months.

Well only 2 were banned and saying posters made it sound like it was aimed at both of us. I was merely saying why people may point you out about making complaints as you are one who has brought it up the most over the past eight months.

If merely creating a thread when a complaint is published (even if, most times, I had nothing whatsoever to do with the complaint) makes me the most fervent ASA groupie then so be it Benny, I can live with that kidder!

But I notice members of the forum seem to appreciate those threads by the number thanks made so it's something people on here clearly value but of course anyone can create the same type of thread, if they want.

It just happens i'm an earlybird and tend to create the threads first thing in the morning, that's all.

Last edited:
If merely creating a thread when a complaint is published (even if, most times, I had nothing whatsoever to do with the complaint) makes me the most fervent ASA groupie then so be it Benny, I can live with that kidder!

But I notice the more reasonable members of the forum seem to value those threads by the number thanks made so it's something people on here clearly value.

I didn't say that you making the threads was a bad thing, but obviously these members think you complain to the ASA a lot, so obviously the thing to do is to find out WHY they think that, and I was just pointing out some possible reasons. What other plausible reason can you see as to why people think you complain to the ASA a lot?

I didn't say that you making the threads was a bad thing, but obviously these members think you complain to the ASA a lot, so obviously the thing to do is to find out WHY they think that, and I was just pointing out some possible reasons. What other plausible reason can you see as to why people think you complain to the ASA a lot?

It isn't even 'those' members though is it Benny, it's 'a' member.

And it's hysterical as that member is banned by the ASA! It's beyond ludicrous and very, very funny. Nobody is upset by it, in fact privately we have had a good laugh about it :giggle:

Anyway, people are more than welcome to have their opinions. Trust me, I have been called far worse ha ha.

Last edited:

yeah it's all your fault!! Burn the witch!! Pitchforks at the ready :grin:

p.s. you're not technically a witch but a wizard :smirk::giggle::mysmilie_850:

yeah it's all your fault!! Burn the witch!! Pitchforks at the ready :grin:

p.s. you're not technically a witch but a wizard :smirk::giggle::mysmilie_850:

I'm ok with being called a witch Paul, I called LOLA one enough times ha ha!

Mark does seem more relaxed about such errors. I maybe wrong but Mike has a look sometimes of heads will roll after the show when things go wrong.

It was rather professional of him quite frankly. As you have alluded to, he didn't look remotely angry. I personally would have been annoyed as I like the minor details to be right but full credit to him on this occasion.

privately we have had a good laugh?

is this the secret members club?

Wirral if you want to respond to my posts thats fine but please dont refer to them if you still have them blocked (getting them second hand in the club perhaps)

And i have also stated that Wirral obviously does a good job with the complaint logging not mentioned that though

And rather than calling me "a" please refer to me by name. I am a big boy and can take it

Wirral if you want to respond to my posts thats fine but please dont refer to them if you still have them blocked (getting them second hand in the club perhaps)

And i have also stated that Wirral obviously does a good job with the complaint logging not mentioned that though

And rather than calling me "a" please refer to me by name. I am a big boy and can take it

They know about the secret club take the shot quick we can't let it get out.

so you also agree that we should be treated to ''an evening with brash, macdonald and kinkade'' ?

Maybe it's because Wirral tries to turn every thread into an expose about BIDS ASA complaints and uses every mention of a presenter to parade the complaints he has made against them. Maybe that's the reason people think he Loves lcomplaining to the ASA? he certainly features it a lot in his posts. But some people LIKE to complain. It's what keeps them going. Gives them a purpose. My sister calls it 'glass half empty syndrome' people who are born to look for the bad rather than enjoy the good.

Maybe it's because Wirral tries to turn every thread into an expose about BIDS ASA complaints and uses every mention of a presenter to parade the complaints he has made against them. Maybe that's the reason people think he Loves lcomplaining to the ASA? he certainly features it a lot in his posts. But some people LIKE to complain. It's what keeps them going. Gives them a purpose. My sister calls it 'glass half empty syndrome' people who are born to look for the bad rather than enjoy the good.

Naming no names of course but some people apparently, by their own admission, complain FIVE times in the space of a few moments as opposed to me complaining 6 times in 18 months so yes Bingo, some people clearly DO like, indeed LOVE to complain ha ha. :grin::grin::grin:

considering i am about as popular as piles on here it is quite nice to have the two forum chiefs using my statements in there profiles

Bingo

Good afternoon to you keep fighting the good fight and a very perceptive post. For somebody who does not complain a lot her always has at least one mention of the great ruling body a day

Latest posts

Back