Why......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My late wife had certain unreasonable rules about how she judged strangers. One particular one was anybody wandering around with large framed sunglasses on the top their heads and behind a wheel with dangly things hanging from their rear view mirror was an apostate from Hell. Or at the very least one twiglet short of a full box.

Couldn’t get on with varifocals. Made me feel seasick standing, sitting or walking. Blummin’ expensive mistake.

Current trend in glasses seems to have calmed down on the giant framed glasses… except for sunnies!

They reckon when you look at a photograph nothing dates it as well as glasses. I try to remember that when a camera heads my way…

My late wife had certain unreasonable rules about how she judged strangers. One particular one was anybody wandering around with large framed sunglasses on the top their heads and behind a wheel with dangly things hanging from their rear view mirror was an apostate from Hell. Or at the very least one twiglet short of a full box.

I feel the same way about dangly things but as for sunglasses; here in Italy they are pretty much the national dress.

Couldn’t get on with varifocals. Made me feel seasick standing, sitting or walking. Blummin’ expensive mistake.

Current trend in glasses seems to have calmed down on the giant framed glasses… except for sunnies!

They reckon when you look at a photograph nothing dates it as well as glasses. I try to remember that when a camera heads my way…
Same for me with varifocals.

I feel the same way about dangly things but as for sunglasses; here in Italy they are pretty much the national dress.
Sunglasses worn in Europe is the only way to accessorize, and yes when walking the dog today in February in blinding sunshine I have worn mine. But wearing them indoors by anyone is a bit naff.

Sunglasses worn in Europe is the only way to accessorize, and yes when walking the dog today in February in blinding sunshine I have worn mine. But wearing them indoors by anyone is a bit naff.
My friend wears hers all the time outdoors even to hang the washing out.
She said the optician told her you need to to ward of cataracts.
I take a lot of what she says with a pinch of salt. She is supposed to borderline diabetic so everything she buys has to be inspected for calorie and sugar content. She has also developed some sort of allergy and can't eat anything green as it may contain some content that causes her sore mouth. It must take her hours to shop.
They have gone to visit their oldest son in NZ and his partner is tearing her hair out wondering what they are going to feed her.
Going out for a meal must be a nightmare.

'Baby on Board' in the back window of a car was a pet hate of mine. I don't know if people still do that.

My friend wears hers all the time outdoors even to hang the washing out.
She said the optician told her you need to to ward of cataracts.
I take a lot of what she says with a pinch of salt. She is supposed to borderline diabetic so everything she buys has to be inspected for calorie and sugar content. She has also developed some sort of allergy and can't eat anything green as it may contain some content that causes her sore mouth. It must take her hours to shop.
They have gone to visit their oldest son in NZ and his partner is tearing her hair out wondering what they are going to feed her.
Going out for a meal must be a nightmare.
It's called terminal fussy eating. Mr CC has suffered from it for the 20 odd years I've known him. He also goes on a 3 month rant when he sees people wearing sunglasses indoors :cool:

CC

'Baby on Board' in the back window of a car was a pet hate of mine. I don't know if people still do that.
Does it mean : "cock & balls in full working order, everyone"

It's called terminal fussy eating. Mr CC has suffered from it for the 20 odd years I've known him. He also goes on a 3 month rant when he sees people wearing sunglasses indoors :cool:

CC
I dated a fussy eater. When he picked the raisins out of the sultana bran, I had to end it.

Does it mean : "cock & balls in full working order, everyone"

I dated a fussy eater. When he picked the raisins out of the sultana bran, I had to end it.
Well F**** Sister, you might have warned me before you palmed him off onto me :p;) It is annoying though when they start picking bits out of food. My mum no longer bothers with him, she just buys him loads of bacon and pies when we visit and then me and mum can have all the nice stuff.

As for the Baby on Board stuff. My ex neighbour used to walk up and down our row of houses with his baby in his arms as if he was showing it off. Oh look my nob works. How he managed to find a woman was beyond me. OK I know, I'm being harsh but he was a prat.

CC

Latest posts

Back