Worried about returns?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Artemis

I'm a Kitchen Aid Maid!
I've just come off the phone with a CS person as I noticed my account had been refunded. The item hadn't even been delivered. She explained that, because of the postal strikes, Royal Mail physically havn't got the room in their warehouses to hold on to parcels so they are returning them to sender. I have two others that have just been returned to QVC apparantly. I had to ask for my postage costs to be refunded too as it's hardly my fault!
I thought I'd better put up a post as some of you who have been worried about your return rate and, you can bet your boots that they are just marked as if you have returned them.......

I've just come off the phone with a CS person as I noticed my account had been refunded. The item hadn't even been delivered. She explained that, because of the postal strikes, Royal Mail physically havn't got the room in their warehouses to hold on to parcels so they are returning them to sender. I have two others that have just been returned to QVC apparantly. I had to ask for my postage costs to be refunded too as it's hardly my fault...

What a damn cheek not to have reunded your p&p costs automatically, you shouldn't have had toi ask for them back in the first place!
Just like those e*** sellers who try & claim they are 'not responsible for items lost in the mail' (they are!), QVC are responsible for ensuring your parcel is delivered & as it is they not you that have a contract with RM to fulfil this obligation, they have no right to expect the customer to have to then ask for a refund for a service they have not provided for whatever reason! :angry:

The same thing happened to me when there was a postal strike a little while ago. Luckily the item I wanted was still in stock and replacement was sent. I do think that there should be some visible distinction made between something that you have returned of your own free will and something that has just bounced back.

That happened to me the other week, they rang to say something had been returned without being delivered and had I refused delivery, what a weird situation! Must say I didn't even think about the p&p being refunded so am off to go and make sure it was - bet it wasn't!

What a damn cheek not to have reunded your p&p costs automatically, you shouldn't have had toi ask for them back in the first place!
Just like those e*** sellers who try & claim they are 'not responsible for items lost in the mail' (they are!), QVC are responsible for ensuring your parcel is delivered & as it is they not you that have a contract with RM to fulfil this obligation, they have no right to expect the customer to have to then ask for a refund for a service they have not provided for whatever reason! :angry:

Absolutely!

I cant believe QVC !, you would have thought "they knew about the postal strikes" and sent all their parcels ut to couriers, they would have kept their customers happy and the couriers busy !.
I can just imagine now lots of people phoning customer service and complaining about their "late" parcels, which are either sitting in a crowded depot awaiting delivery or waiting to go back to QVC....just another thought I wonder how many of the parcels "sitting about in the depots will get back to QVC ?".

I cant believe QVC !, you would have thought "they knew about the postal strikes" and sent all their parcels ut to couriers, they would have kept their customers happy and the couriers busy !.
I can just imagine now lots of people phoning customer service and complaining about their "late" parcels, which are either sitting in a crowded depot awaiting delivery or waiting to go back to QVC....just another thought I wonder how many of the parcels "sitting about in the depots will get back to QVC ?".

It's ridiculous for a company like QVC not to have made contingency plans to cover the postal strike. I've placed orders with loads of online companies in the past couple of weeks and they have made sure that their customers receive them on time.

I have also noticed that when you return a faulty or wrong item that it is just marked 'returned' with no distinction made.

It's not very well organised when you know that other major online webshops have made alternative arrangements to keep customers orders on track. I was talking to my postlady today, she and her colleagues haven't went on strike as they can't afford it. I had thought she might be a bit miffed as a courier arrived at my door at the same time but she said her online orders came via a courier.
Hope you get full postage cost refunded A. x

All three items are Ojon which I have been waiting for. 2 of the items contain spray so they have to come by sea and take ages anyway. It is going to be several weeks before I get the re-order, if at all. Mail orders from other companies are coming via ACS courier service with no discernible delay. Considering the P&P we are charged, it is ridiculous that they are still using Royal Mail.

All three items are Ojon which I have been waiting for. 2 of the items contain spray so they have to come by sea and take ages anyway. It is going to be several weeks before I get the re-order, if at all. Mail orders from other companies are coming via ACS courier service with no discernible delay. Considering the P&P we are charged, it is ridiculous that they are still using Royal Mail.

I'm in Spain and I've had the same problem as you. Trouble is my problem started before the strikes! I've ordered the same coat three times - first time, it was returned to QVC from post office because it had been damaged (so CS advised me), had to ask for my postage cost, second time QVC sent the wrong size, so I had to send it back, third time AGAIN it was returned from the post office (had to ask for postage to be refunded yet again!!!). Told them to forget it and I got a coat from M & S, delivered perfectly in 5 days. What a difference!

But QVC do send by courtier now. So why is it laying in the post office sorting office?

Lovely typo Donna! Conjures up a wonderful picture...........:giggle:

On a serious note, I remember when we lived in the u.k. that sometimes parcels were delivered by local couriers when there was a problem, or it was a heavy parcel. Our lady also delivered parcels from clothing catalogues etc. Maybe it's something to do with living abroad, though I can't see what difference it makes as other companies seem able to make alternative arrangements.......

Well that explains where my l'occitane is then!! Away to check my online account to make sure it hasn't been returned!!

Latest posts

Back