Wot customer service?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
I ordered the Acer TSV on easy pay, which was due to be shipped week of 11 Oct.

Happened to glance at my account today and saw it had been cancelled! checked the website and it is back in stock, so rang CS to ask what was going on. It turns out they had tried the debit card I gave them and the payment was refused. It was refused because I had not paid in enough money to cover it, was intending to do so tomorrow so that the money would be there ready for the 11th.

Now nice as it is that goods are ready to be shipped early, if there is a problem with payment, why can't they get in touch, by phone or email and I could have sorted things out. wretched way to treat established customers.

They have agreed that I can still have it on easy pay, which is a relief, as would find it difficult to pay the whole sum, but if I had not phoned, I would have lost the opportunity and probably the TSV price. it is not actually a bargain as they made out, I think. it is on sale in several outlets at the same price. was just keen to pay in instalments.

Dont think you have been the only one, think they may be getting lots of calls as they didnt contact anyone

I use a credit rather than a debit card, but I've had the same problem when something's been on Advanced Order, and the expiry date on my cc is before the AO date. There's nothing I can do at the point of ordering - I don't have the new credit card yet - and I don't think I can get back into the system and substitute the new card.

I also once had my account frozen briefly. It turned out it was because I was buying something on Easypay, and the last instalment couldn't be taken because of the expiry date on the card. This must have been obvious to the system when I placed the order.

There are many things QVC could do to handle this (fairly common) situation smoothly, rather than just cancel the order without telling the customer.

Latest posts

Back