Would you pay money for hangers?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry but I'm still not convinced. I've no problems with the shop hangers I get when I buy clothes. Each totheir own I suppose.

I guess it would have to depend on what I thought of the hangers when I saw them and tried them out. They just come across as cheap looking on screen.

Having bought several packs from TKMaxx last time we were in the U.K. I wished we had bought several more.A few weeks ago, we were shopping in a major supermarket chain here, and they had some. We bought all they had, then went to another branch looking for more. I think the checkout assistants thought we had gone mad, one asked if we were opening a clothes shop.
Even sadder, was our excitement!:blush:
I think they are wonderful, they free up space, look good, stop clothes falling off and don't damage them.
An added bonus - if you are feeling a little 'fragile', they don't click together like castanets as you hunt through your clothes...:giggle::flower:

Having bought several packs from TKMaxx last time we were in the U.K. I wished we had bought several more.A few weeks ago, we were shopping in a major supermarket chain here, and they had some. We bought all they had, then went to another branch looking for more. I think the checkout assistants thought we had gone mad, one asked if we were opening a clothes shop.
Even sadder, was our excitement!:blush:
I think they are wonderful, they free up space, look good, stop clothes falling off and don't damage them.
An added bonus - if you are feeling a little 'fragile', they don't click together like castanets as you hunt through your clothes...:giggle::flower:

Looking forward the arrival of mine (how sad is that) so that I can have a good sort out!

I got the bright pink ones in the hope that OH won't nick them. He was of the opinion that his wire ones were 'perfectly ok' but how come I keep running out of my hangers??? We did get a set from Costco, but they are thicker than the GTM and I am always worried about the dye leaking when hanging up the wet washing.

Oh, and for those who spend their hard earned money on clothes, why would you want to use the things that are given away and not treat your clothes with care??? How many times do you touch a coat hanger in the shop and the item falls to the floor?? Unless of course you shop in Harvey Nicks and the like!!

I've put damp items on my Costco ones (I avoid ironing if I can:blush:) out in the garden :sun:and the colour didn't run at all. :happy:

Well my tsv was there when I got home from work this eve. I have done one wardrobe and the transformation is incredible. Am so please that I read all the comments and decided to take the plunge. Am a convert!

Went into my local Asda this week and they had a similar hanger to Grip to Me's, 5 for £3 in black, stone and fuchsia (which I bought to try), the type with the bar across the bottom, an indentation for straps & an accessory bar for belts, scarves etc.. Have measured them and they are 5mm wide. They also had the ones that take multiple pairs of trousers. They seem quite sturdy although haven't tried anything heavy on them.

Went into my local Asda this week and they had a similar hanger to Grip to Me's, 5 for £3 in black, stone and fuchsia (which I bought to try), the type with the bar across the bottom, an indentation for straps & an accessory bar for belts, scarves etc.. Have measured them and they are 5mm wide. They also had the ones that take multiple pairs of trousers. They seem quite sturdy although haven't tried anything heavy on them.

Have you got the ones from QV? Would be interested to see how they compare as would wish to add to my collection!

Have you got the ones from QV? Would be interested to see how they compare as would wish to add to my collection!

Unfortunately I haven't, I'm a grippy hanger virgin :giggle:

I've just measured a plastic hanger and they are about 8-9mm so I'm hoping to save some space. I've hung some items that always seem to slip off conventional hangers and they seem good so far.

Unfortunately I haven't, I'm a grippy hanger virgin :giggle:

I've just measured a plastic hanger and they are about 8-9mm so I'm hoping to save some space. I've hung some items that always seem to slip off conventional hangers and they seem good so far.

Me too until this eve! Will take a trip to my local asda and get some to see how they compare. Ta for the tip!

Been on an early morning trip to Asda to buy some more hangers. I only bought one pack originally so wasn't aware that it's £3 for one pack but they are two for £5 so even more of a bargain!

What I love about the grippy hangers, perhaps even more than the fact that things don't slip off, is that the shape of them means they don't give you 'bumps' in the shoulders of garments like plastic, wooden or wire hangers do. Or even those expensive padded ones.

Have to say,despite all the postive feedback here,nothing could persuade me to part with my cash for hangers.

I would never use the dry cleaning wire ones - but tend to find the hangers I do get from shops,are perfectly adequate.

Yes I could do with the room in my wardrobe - but I'd rather spend my cash elsewhere:cheeky:

Hot footed down to my asda and nothing doing. I bought two of the tsvs and very pleased with the result, but I need more now. Plus I also have two boxes of a mixture of coat hangers. :cheeky:

They were 2 pks for a fiver when I went in today. I have all lookey-likey gtm now, even in the kids wardrobes-they work well and having had real gtm years ago I can't see any difference. Maybe if you were hanging a heavy sheepskin coat they are not as strong?Don't own any heavy clothes so wouldn't know for sure.

I have full length faux fur and 3/4 faux shearling Basso coats on my costco hangers and they are fine.

I 'inherited' (i.e. snaffled) a few from the double set that my best friend bought on QVC's last Grip to Me TSV, and have to say they are fabulous. I have quite a bit of wardrobe space (although quite a few clothes too!) but they are particularly good for my friend who lives in a teeny flat in London. She was drowning in clutter and says she's embarrassed to admit they've added greatly to her happiness :blush: :giggle:

Latest posts

Back