Wow! Big Bite here already!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine arrived and it is faulty ..... the smaller eyelet does not cut holes. The bigger eyelet and the gromlet bit are ok, so this will be returned. :mad:

I shall ring and ask for a pre-paid postage. It's a bit much to have to spend almost £5 receiving it without having to pay to return it.

Don't take this the wrong way but are you using it correctly? I had a problem when I got my cropadile, I was try to punch with the setting bit, I didn't see the punch bit as it was at the side, although I think it is different with the big bite, I thought it was just me but other people did as I did. Anyway I soon did it right and everything was fine.
hope you get sorted

Don't take this the wrong way but are you using it correctly? I had a problem when I got my cropadile, I was try to punch with the setting bit, I didn't see the punch bit as it was at the side, although I think it is different with the big bite, I thought it was just me but other people did as I did. Anyway I soon did it right and everything was fine.
hope you get sorted

I have to agree with you angiebabe1, I thought the same thing with the cropadile. I don't think the demos made it at all obvious, certainly with the with the cropadile. I didn't see much of the bigbite presentations but the bit I did was very samey, so it may not have been very clear either. They seemed to show the same demos concentrating on the results you could get, without much explanation of the hole punching first.

I was a bit confused with the gromlets, it looked like you didnt have to punch a hole first with them, is that right?

:hellocat:

If I remember from the demonstrations the other day you don't need to punch a hole first, you can just use them to decorate the cards/scrapbook page.

T x

I agree that they didn't really explain how the machine works - and all that stuff about flicking the pnk button on top middle and back to punch the different holes but remember to push it right forward when you want to set your eyelets etc or you'll punch another hole! I saw one demo where he went to set a gromlet, and stopped himself just in time, flicking the button right forward and then setting it.

I noticed that eyelets are set good side up, but the gromlets you do the other way up - you place them face down on the bottom, place the paper face down and then squeeze.

I can't wait to have a play.

Oh, and Crafty Arts in Bluewater have the tangerine one for £34.99 with NO extras! They also have the tangerine case with a very small pack of gromlets inside and it's £9.99. They also have loads of the Cropadile in pink cases with accessories and that's £23.99.

I am definitely using it correctly.

There are two bits that cut holes by plungers; one for smaller eyelets and one for larger. I move the top notch thing to 3/6 and it slices through the paper and cuts a perfect hole for the larger eyelet.

I move the top notch to 1/8 and it cuts two semi circles with the whole circle shape connected down the middle.

Looking at the machine, there are two holes for the plungers to land in. The 3/6 is absolutely open, the 1/8 has a piece of metal to the right hand side. Obviously, it either hasn't be set properly, or there is a jagged piece of metal which stops it from cutting a complete hole.

Definitely faulty tool :mad:, nor workman :)

Think there have been a few faulty ones as several people have posted on various other forums about the same problem as you decribe tsvnotforme

I have now unpacked mine and tested the plunge ability. The small hole lines up perfectly. The larger punch sort of hits the side as it goes down. I need to try punching a hole see if it cuts cleanly. If not, mine will be going back!

Edit: no, it cuts perfectly fine. Not the smoothest hole in the world, but once a gromet is through it, no-one will be any the wiser.

Last edited:
I am definitely using it correctly.

There are two bits that cut holes by plungers; one for smaller eyelets and one for larger. I move the top notch thing to 3/6 and it slices through the paper and cuts a perfect hole for the larger eyelet.

I move the top notch to 1/8 and it cuts two semi circles with the whole circle shape connected down the middle.

Looking at the machine, there are two holes for the plungers to land in. The 3/6 is absolutely open, the 1/8 has a piece of metal to the right hand side. Obviously, it either hasn't be set properly, or there is a jagged piece of metal which stops it from cutting a complete hole.

Definitely faulty tool :mad:, nor workman :)

Been reading on another forum, and yes you maybe right some others are complaing that theirs are faulty and the punch and eyelet thing isn't lined up. hth

Still waiting for mine, hope its ok when it arrives.
Its a real pain when you find out that there are loads that are faulty :(
Hope everyone gets a replacement

Mine was just delivered via courier. Really pleased with it and love the colour. The designer gromlets are lovely and larger than I thought. Not sure I could put them on a card and give them away :eek: will have to just look at them for now. No sign of the case yet but maybe tomorrow.

Hope yours arrives today Bluebell.

I have discovered that if I punch the 1/8 eyelet hole and then turn the paper around it will make a proper hole. Still not the point.

Not totally impressed with the gromlet positioning. Because it is upside down I can't tell exactly where it is on the paper/card etc. Also I have managed to put two gromlets too close together and they overlap a bit. Would have been infinitely better if it had been the other way round.

As for the eyelets, managed to squash one to the side, which has spoilt the look of my card. Never been a problem with my Silent Setter.

Now debating whether to return as faulty with a refund rather than a replacement.

I have discovered that if I punch the 1/8 eyelet hole and then turn the paper around it will make a proper hole. Still not the point.

Not totally impressed with the gromlet positioning. Because it is upside down I can't tell exactly where it is on the paper/card etc. Also I have managed to put two gromlets too close together and they overlap a bit. Would have been infinitely better if it had been the other way round.

As for the eyelets, managed to squash one to the side, which has spoilt the look of my card. Never been a problem with my Silent Setter.

Now debating whether to return as faulty with a refund rather than a replacement.

I managed to do that too. One was perfectly OK and the other one was a squashed oval shape.lol

I received my big bite case this morning.
jam packed with designer ex large eyelets + ex large eyelets in all colours
+ lots of other eyelets all colours and sizes.
Well worth the money :D:D:D

Mine was just delivered via courier. Really pleased with it and love the colour. The designer gromlets are lovely and larger than I thought. Not sure I could put them on a card and give them away :eek: will have to just look at them for now. No sign of the case yet but maybe tomorrow.

Hope yours arrives today Bluebell.

Still waiting Lesley, even though it was despatched on the 1st July :mad:

I just logged on to rage about mine not being delivered when lo and behold the courier just brought it to the house at 7.45pm!!

True to form DD said she would look at it tomorrow as she's going out!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

INot totally impressed with the gromlet positioning. Because it is upside down I can't tell exactly where it is on the paper/card etc. Also I have managed to put two gromlets too close together and they overlap a bit. Would have been infinitely better if it had been the other way round.

I wonder whether you could push the legs through the paper before placing it carefully face down on the setter - that would stop it moving around.

The first time I used my Cropadile I squeezed too hard on the first heart-shaped eyelet, and damaged it. I think it's probably better to play on cheap eyelets on scrap before ruining nice ones like that.

The other thing I've noticed is that yes there are lots of different sides to use for different setting purposes - but no picture saying which one you use for which purpose. Daft or what! Am I supposed to be psychic???

Latest posts

Back