Wynne layers shirt dress

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bunnytown

Registered Shopper
I've seen this being flogged on QVC a few times now, the Dolman Sleeves Crepe shirt dress. It's not a dress at all, it's an oversized shirt. Which is what it looks like even on the models with fantastic legs. And one thinks, where's the trousers or leggings? It might work around the house or the pool but you would look a bit odd going into work like that. Basically a 100% polyester shirt being flogged as a dress for a stupid amount of money.

I've seen this being flogged on QVC a few times now, the Dolman Sleeves Crepe shirt dress. It's not a dress at all, it's an oversized shirt. Which is what it looks like even on the models with fantastic legs. And one thinks, where's the trousers or leggings? It might work around the house or the pool but you would look a bit odd going into work like that. Basically a 100% polyester shirt being flogged as a dress for a stupid amount of money.
The reviews are interesting, & could even be called amusing -
'Looks so classy when worn dressed up with heels or also nice with knee high boots.
Cool, comfortable & classic, I will wear this for special occasions for the next 10 years. Love it!'
Good grief, will it last that long?

I'm a size 18/20 and ordered the xl in every colour. I was hoping for a beautiful wardrobe addition. Unfortunately every item was creased and lacked any sort of designer influence. Cheap feeling material. See through. Shapeless. Dreadful. Such a waste of postage. Dreadful.

Looks like it came off a market stall .
My husband said .
It went straight back into the packet and into the post . It is poor quality material and poorly cut and stitched . Not a quality garment .

Here a couple of the 1 star reviews, which are typical of what's been said throughout - The first one would've have spent an eyewatering £284.65 and lets not forget she would've also had to pay to return them as well, which I would imagine would be at least another fiver - so in all that's a cost of around £25 in postage alone. That is daylight robbery and should not be allowed. I wince when I think that somebody would be prepared to part with the best part of £300 on 5 polyester shirts (they're not dresses by any stretch of the imagination). Sadly though, this sort of thing illustrates why the likes of MW and the other so called designers continue to thrive - people are buying them, and they're buying them in abundance! Yes, this customer returned them, but I can imagine there are people who buy them and can't be bothered to return them, and some that don't even open the packets - just awful.

I'm a size 18/20 and ordered the xl in every colour. I was hoping for a beautiful wardrobe addition. Unfortunately every item was creased and lacked any sort of designer influence. Cheap feeling material. See through. Shapeless. Dreadful. Such a waste of postage. Dreadful.

Looks like it came off a market stall .
My husband said .
It went straight back into the packet and into the post . It is poor quality material and poorly cut and stitched . Not a quality garment .

Here a couple of the 1 star reviews, which are typical of what's been said throughout - The first one would've have spent an eyewatering £284.65 and lets not forget she would've also had to pay to return them as well, which I would imagine would be at least another fiver - so in all that's a cost of around £25 in postage alone. That is daylight robbery and should not be allowed. I wince when I think that somebody would be prepared to part with the best part of £300 on 5 polyester shirts (they're not dresses by any stretch of the imagination). Sadly though, this sort of thing illustrates why the likes of MW and the other so called designers continue to thrive - people are buying them, and they're buying them in abundance! Yes, this customer returned them, but I can imagine there are people who buy them and can't be bothered to return them, and some that don't even open the packets - just awful.
Obviously has more money than sense - fashion or otherwise.

Obviously has more money than sense - fashion or otherwise.
I think when it comes to QVC any sense anyone had goes out of the window. Yes, I've bought the same t -shirt, vest top, summer top in a few colourways before because they've usually been dirt cheap and not only that in the summer months you'll be wearing that sort of thing day in, day out and the garment is right next to the skin. I have never, nor do I know anyone who has ever gone out and bought skirts, blouses, trousers in all the available colourways. All it seems to take for some people is to hear the presenter or BA utter the words "I'd be buying more than one if I were you" for them to think "What a good idea" - add that to the sense of urgency they give, eg "XL is looking vulnerable, that'll be the next to go" and that cements the deal!
I've said before that I don't really like the saying "more money than sense" because I feel that everybody should be able to splurge on something they fancy...but in this case I wholeheartedly agree. It is totally not sensible to spend the best part of £300 on something that you know is made from cheap material, you've not been able to examine first hand, let alone try on, and agree to part with £20 just to get it sent to you, in the knowledge that your order is as light as a feather and totally doesn't cost anywhere near that sort of money to send, and furthermore, if you don't like it, you'll have to spend even more money to return it - Yep more money than sense....Crazy!

Regarding* buying things in more than one colourway.

When I was much bigger than I am now (so huge) because I’m short the plus sizes that fitted were few and far between and absolutely nothing within 30 miles of home so when I found something which fitted I bought other colours because I was never convinced I would ever get something else to fit.

After shedding a lot of weight fitting wasn’t such a problem but it was ingrained in me and it took a long time to get out of the habit. Unfortunately I have put on a lot over lockdown and I can feel that feeling coming back with a vengeance.

I think when it comes to QVC any sense anyone had goes out of the window. Yes, I've bought the same t -shirt, vest top, summer top in a few colourways before because they've usually been dirt cheap and not only that in the summer months you'll be wearing that sort of thing day in, day out and the garment is right next to the skin. I have never, nor do I know anyone who has ever gone out and bought skirts, blouses, trousers in all the available colourways. All it seems to take for some people is to hear the presenter or BA utter the words "I'd be buying more than one if I were you" for them to think "What a good idea" - add that to the sense of urgency they give, eg "XL is looking vulnerable, that'll be the next to go" and that cements the deal!
I've said before that I don't really like the saying "more money than sense" because I feel that everybody should be able to splurge on something they fancy...but in this case I wholeheartedly agree. It is totally not sensible to spend the best part of £300 on something that you know is made from cheap material, you've not been able to examine first hand, let alone try on, and agree to part with £20 just to get it sent to you, in the knowledge that your order is as light as a feather and totally doesn't cost anywhere near that sort of money to send, and furthermore, if you don't like it, you'll have to spend even more money to return it - Yep more money than sense....Crazy!
When I was at work I'd often buy two or three identical items, especially trousers, because that gave me a work outfit & I still do it if I see stuff in sales - I buy my boots & sandals when Charles Clinkard has a sale. Being judgemental* I think her words about a beautiful wardrobe addition sum her up.
*Judgemental, moi?

There are some new MW trousers being shown. Melissa calls them "a soft trouser". "Flimsy" would be a better description of them, I think. They are flared at the bottom, and, of course, much too short for the tall models. At least you would expect them to be steamed or pressed before they are modelled, but no, they are wrinkled around the bottom and the side seams are all askew. In spite of Melissa's praise, they look cheaply made of inferior fabric.

I bought 4 pairs of exactly the same Jean's from Tesco. But I paid no more than £22 per pair, and I wear them every day, so get lots of wear out of them. They are all the same colour too.
I have more variety in my tops although I did buy the same Isaac Mizrahi Live! T-shirt in all 4 colourways from Q. I haven't regretted it.

I bought 4 velvet shirts for £11 from Lands' End (since gone up to £16 - I mentioned them in the Lands' End Velvet Tunic thread in "Reasons NOT to shop at QVC" section), I'm delighted with them all and am actually wearing the green one as I write, just perfect for this weather. 4 for less than the price of one QVC tunic and all very wearable and well made.

I bought 4 velvet shirts for £11 from Lands' End (since gone up to £16 - I mentioned them in the Lands' End Velvet Tunic thread in "Reasons NOT to shop at QVC" section), I'm delighted with them all and am actually wearing the green one as I write, just perfect for this weather. 4 for less than the price of one QVC tunic and all very wearable and well made.
Thanks for the link. I haven't looked at this site before but the swimsuits (for swimming) look grreat with reductions.

I buy quite a lot from Landsend their Starfish trousers are so comfortable, retain their shape and although I class them as casual still look smart.Wait for the offers,I have stocked up on tee shirts, a bit more than M&S but very good quality.Quick delivery too, even if I have to pay P&P it is one price per order not item! QVC are not in the same league.

I buy from Land's End, as well. Last week I bought three white linen, short sleeved blouses with a small collar. I bought them two sizes too big, so they will be airy for the very hot, humid summer we will have here. I rely on their quality and sizing. I don't like myself in t-shirts, although Land's End sell some good quality, all cotton.

I love M&S linen specially the Autograph range was 70% off in the sale. Its Irish linen top notch manufacturer. Bought a white fitted jacket and wide leg trousers for £50.00

I`ve had a few nice tops from Cotton Traders and I like their jeans too. They do a 33" inside leg which is ideal for me. I often get great discount codes from them too.

Yes Crystal I took your advice and opted for the Ivory.

4 T shirts and a linen blouse from Marks a few pence under £49 . One T shirt from Q would be the same when you factor in postage. Ordered Saturday ready for collection yesterday.

The T-shirt’s are good quality not just throwaway ones just a pity the choice of designs in these particular ones aren’t great.

I buy quite a lot from Landsend their Starfish trousers are so comfortable, retain their shape and although I class them as casual still look smart.Wait for the offers,I have stocked up on tee shirts, a bit more than M&S but very good quality.Quick delivery too, even if I have to pay P&P it is one price per order not item! QVC are not in the same league.
I don't need trousers atm but I've seen the starfish ones and wondered about them so thanks for the heads-up. Two day delivery every time and like you, I wait for the offers which are always great. I've said before, all my coats bar 2 are Lands' End, great quality and last years.

Latest posts

Back