Yankee Candle TSV 6/1/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Im thinking of setting up at little home business toi sell yankee candles do you think I could buy them at wholesale prices if I made a big order?

Im thinking of setting up at little home business toi sell yankee candles do you think I could buy them at wholesale prices if I made a big order?

you need to point your question direct to QVC for this, as this is just a "chat" style forum, linked to friends, guests and folk like you and me, companies are not directly linked . I would imagine QVC would say no as they would just expect you to multi buy from them. It may be more worth your while to contact Yankee Candle direct, they're in Bristol, and asking what you need to do to set up a brand new trade/client account and being totally new whether it would be possible to initially set it up on a "sale or return" basis, as like a sort of trial.

Good luck in your venture.

The Yankee Candle market is saturated - you can buy them everywhere these days. Personally, if I was thinking of setting up a candle business, I'd want to sell Kringle Candles. They are starting to become known and are very good quality imo. We have a local candle shop where we live that sells several brands - Yankee, Kringle, Prices and quite a few others, plus all the accessories. They've been trading for 5 years now and seem to very popular locally. I think its because they only sells candles and candle accessories, and have a few different brands. I love going in there.

DDs boyfriend and his family own a large store and they sell Swan Creek candles, which are soy so a much cleaner burn.
The other retailers in the town that stock Yankee have seen a big downturn on their sales whilst DDsBF have had to keep doubling their orders each time

I used to buy the soy candles before Q discontinued them - I can't remember the name but they were good prices, came in nice fragrances but no where near the scale of Yankee, and they also did a Christmas set of about 6-8 small lidded candles with tissue and little boxes to give as pressies.

They were very clean burning - I can't remember the name but one of the 'old timers' will I'm sure.

Hubbie left my Yankee candle burning in the bathroom on Christmas day and I couldn't believe the amount of soot up the tiles - just what I wanted to do Boxing day, clean the bathroom!!!!

for some reason the 2 wick candles are really sooty.

probably cause the two wicks cause twice as much blackening. I too had a similar issue on Christmas Day, I lit my first ever tumbler as I was told the throw is stronger with tumblers than jars, but it felt in no time at all that the wick was mushrooming and puffs of black smoke was appearing. I only ever light jars with shades so whilst the shade counteracts this to a huge degree, if there is any black smoke then it tends to coat the inside of the shade, as opposed to going direct into the room! Tumblers are no good with shades as they don't fit - hence it being really noticeable.

I assume you saying two wick ones, means that you too are burning tumblers. I cannot recommend shades enough and now I know for sure that I won't ever buy tumblers again.

right here we go

Yankee Candle 53 Piece Exotic Escape T Light & Sampler Collect
Item Number: 701441
QVC Price £36.00
Today's Special Value Price £29.78
P&P £5.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-...ollect.product.701441.html?productId=12710721

but if you want it on Auto-Delivery the number is
Item Number: 701872

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...-ISRC&keyword=701872&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

but the jars are on too and on Auto-Delivery as well

Yankee Candle Exotic Escape Set of 3 Large Jars
Item Number: 701872
QVC Price £41.00
Introductory Price £37.20
P&P £5.95

but if you want the jars on Auto-Delivery the number is
Item Number: 701873

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...-ISRC&keyword=701873&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

Even the so called outlet at the Lowry doesn't discount to any great extent. They have a couple of special offers, andive see the ones where they use all the dog-ends of wax to make "unique" one offs like they have on QVC but that's about it. The rest are full price. I can't see you getting very far asking foe wholesale discounts.

Milk house Creamery used to be on Q and are Soy, not sure if they're American though. I bought a Woodwick one from TKMaxx once which looked and smelled lovely but smoked like buggery.

The whole candle market seems saturated from what i can see.

Even the so called outlet at the Lowry doesn't discount to any great extent. They have a couple of special offers, andive see the ones where they use all the dog-ends of wax to make "unique" one offs like they have on QVC but that's about it. The rest are full price. I can't see you getting very far asking foe wholesale discounts.

Milk house Creamery used to be on Q and are Soy, not sure if they're American though. I bought a Woodwick one from TKMaxx once which looked and smelled lovely but smoked like buggery.

The whole candle market seems saturated from what i can see.

:mysmilie_465: I bought my sis one of the triple layered ones for Crimble....! Sounds like :mysmilie_487:

The hallmark outlet store near me has Yankee candles half price all year round. Have had some great buys from there as they have some rare "treasure" fragrances that QVC very rarely have .

Not necessarily, she might enjoy being on a stepladder wiping a soapy sponge over the walls....each to their own!

:mysmilie_849:

:mysmilie_506: or maybe she just won't get round to lighting it & will just admire it from afar.......! LOL :mysmilie_516:

I only ever burn tumblers and never have a problem with mushrooming/soot - I did have problems with jars mushrooming in the past though - how odd.
I believe yankee doodle are the UK wholesale importers and you'd have to contact them about a wholesale account (something rings a bell with the whole Kringle fiasco last year) - I reckon Q import theirs separately though.

Also - why no "A Child's Wish" or "Paradise Spice" in the TSV? They're also Q1 fragrances. I'm gutted that Golden Sands is US Exclusive and will be keeping an eye on yankee scents 4 u for it to come in stock.

I did another run to my local garden centre and got a Christmas Rose and a Sparkling Cinnamon large jar. Had to pay the proper half price of £10 each rather than my previous sneaky £5 but even so that's a good price. I like the cinnamon one for any time of year and don't think the Christmas Rose one is particularly Christmassy either. They also had Cranberries on Ice but I've got enough wintery ones.

I got one of the double wick ones for Christmas in Baby Powder so hopefully that won't smoke too much.

I am not keen on cinnamon but I loved Christmas Rose, for any time of year really!

My favourite one for the festive season so far is Christmas Eve.

Baby powder is nice but I won't re purchase. My set of medium jars have lasted me 3 years and I sold one on ebay!

Don't understand the appeal of fluffy towels or clean cotton. Smell like fabric softener and washing powder respectively.

I don 't have loads of candles as I only buy candles if I really like them. I test the scents out with the tarts first.

I love spiced orange, a smell for Autumn as well as Christmas.

Am so glad this TSV is full of votives and tealights. I only burn these at Christmas tending to use wax tarts the rest of the time. BTW though if anyone lives near Stockport Broadstone Mill outlet have their YC half price sale on. We've not had broadband since 27 December so couldn't post earlier but I went on that day and got 1 large, 2 medium and 1 small candle. There were loads of gift sets left.

Had a smell of the new frangances in clintons today i like the Turquoise Sky but wasnt a fan of the Black Coconut . i guess the black means burnt coz thats what it smelt of not nice at all

Milk house Creamery used to be on Q and are Soy, not sure if they're American though.

The Milkhouse Creamery ones are great. My favourite fragrance is vanilla and theirs is the best vanilla scent I've ever found. In fact, when their pure vanilla ones went into clearance I stock piled them and now have nine in my cupboard. I did write a review saying that the wick 'mushroomed,' but that was down to me because when the wick is trimmed correctly there is no problem. I've had no sooting from these candles, and prefer them to Yankee candles now because Yankee candles seem to have a 'paraffin' like smell to them so I don't know if they've changed the way they make them. The only Yankee ones that 'work' are the wax tarts, so I'm using those up and won't be bothering with Yankee candles any more.

I have a large lounge and the Milkhouse ones fill it with fragrance .......... the Yankee ones don't! MH also do other fragrances apart from Pure Vanilla, although I think I've got enough for the moment. :wink:

Latest posts

Back