Yong Kim Crinkle Button Through Cardigan OTO

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I well remember the whole debacle of YK coming to Q and NO ONE was allowed to meet her, it was only the chosen few by appointment. IT was not part of the delegation chosen but guess what, later the story was changed to IT being granted an audience, thus the description of her being petite etc.

A load of who shot John if you ask me.

Actually unlike most others I do like some of the range but they are not worth the money and you do need many pieces to achieve the layered look, they are awful with your normal wardrobe pieces. Also the quality has gone to hell in a handcart and it wasn't anything special to start with.

Ideal Worlds Pick Of The Day tomorrow, starts at 9pm, is a Yong Kim/Join type dress. http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/daisy-eldridge-fit-flatter-dress-375210?p=1 I'm not sure how much it'll be but it'll be less than £27.99. Last time they did a similar it was two for £30, they do different offers though all the time.

Last edited:
They don`t even sell the YK brand on QVC US because all the designs are available under the name of Comfy USA and are sold on their Amazon, Ebay shops, bricks and mortar shops and websites. They simply renamed it Yong Kim and decided the gullible Brits could be fooled into being told its a designer brand. Whether YK exists or not, he or she can`t be too fussy if their " designs " are being flogged on Amazon US and elsewhere. Before you know it, Asda will be telling us George is a reclusive designer living in the Cotswolds and too shy to be seen in the flesh !

I buy clothes from a designer who sells on eBay. She used to design for River Island, Top Shop, Wallis and Jane Norman but now does her own designs and has a team of dressmakers working for her. Not the cheapest but everything is made to order and can be made to your measurements. Or you can pick a standard size if you prefer.

A quick Google search will establish that Yong Kim does exist. Comfy USA is a family owned business and Yong Kim is both designer and the Vice President. Yong Kim herself has a degree in fashion and business.
There are contact details and an address for both Yong Kim and Richard Kim (the president of Comfy)
Not sure why nobody hasn't bothered to Google this before? All the info is out there.
Yong Kim is a registered trademark but so are all names that are used as brands.

Lots of people get Yong Kim mixed up with Young Kim. The latter is a designer for sure but as for the first ummm well maybe he/she does exist but whether they design or are just the name on the brand, it`s hard to tell especially as the supposed YK designs are sold elsewhere under Comfy USA name.

Was it not someone that left next that took up designing for George? Don't know if he still does it or to.

I've no idea, I was just laughing at the thought of some reclusive called George living in the Cotswolds who won't have their photo taken, a la Young Kim.

Was it not someone that left next that took up designing for George? Don't know if he still does it or to.
A lot of home furnishings, it particular the cushions that are sold in Next and Asda are made my the same company and are the same quality, however, Asda sell them for around half the price of Next... Trust me, I know these things...

If there really is a hyperventilating 5'2" tall reclusive designer out there somewhere, perhaps her designs reflect her mental state.

She has said she met her and shes very shy and retiring which is why she won't appear on Q.im sure Q know that people don't believe she's real because they keep stressing she is a real person. There may be a person working for Comfy Apparel with the name but I don't believe she is a stand alone designer toiling away with her exclusive designs. They have to justify the pricing somehow.

How can they get away with saying she is a 'real designer' jury out, prices are still ridiculous! :mysmilie_8:

If they admit she isn't a person then they might have to start justifying the prices for clothes that often look like rags.

However I'm probably in a minority because I notice the crinkle cardigan sold out ,but I can't help feeling its hype that sells these things.

Hype and bored people who enjoy buying off the telly :mysmilie_15: Was in a very well known High St the other day and they were selling the softest cotton clothing starting from £3.00, rest my case! :mysmilie_14:

Hype and bored people who enjoy buying off the telly :mysmilie_15: Was in a very well known High St the other day and they were selling the softest cotton clothing starting from £3.00, rest my case! :mysmilie_14:

It's amazing when you really think about it.If I started wearing some of those raggedly looking clothes people would think ive gone mad.I can't afford expensive clothes but what I do buy I try to keep fairly neat.

I have tried YK because I too got dragged into the hype but all except one got sent back.Even the one i kept didnt last long and went to charity shop,it just isn't worth the money.

Yong Kim works for Comfy USA. She is listed as the Vice President of Comfy USA. She is the designer, hence her name on the clothes and Richard Kim is the owner. It's a family owned business. In the USA it is marketed as either Comfy USA or Yong Kim or Sun Kim. However it is all Comfy USA.
If you look on google you will find the business records for her.

Comfy USA has 10 employees. Yong Kim is the main designer and also Vice President. Like any company she will have other help in designing. Like Lulu Guinness has other designers working for her.

Comfy USA has 10 employees. Yong Kim is the main designer and also Vice President. Like any company she will have other help in designing. Like Lulu Guinness has other designers working for her.

So they mass produce clothes which is Ok so long as Q don't give the impression she is a lone designer giving us her exclusive designs .The same with Lulu Guiness .If I pay that much for a bag I want the named designer.But I'm not that naive to suppose that the amount of bags she is churning out these days are all designed and produced by her.

That's why to my mind designer stuff unless its really high end exclusive is a wate of money.

Latest posts

Back