Lily & Van Fashion ??????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

babytoes

Registered Shopper
I have just had a look at this range, it,s "resort wear"!!, I don't think I would ever have to resort to wearing any of it, it looks gross. No doubt Glen will try and convince us that it is this seasons hot fashion and JR will be wearing a size small.:puke:

I have just had a look at this range, it,s "resort wear"!!, I don't think I would ever have to resort to wearing any of it

Fabulous! I caught a bit of Cashmasoft for the first time the other day and realised it's 100% acrylic, which makes it exactly the same as Marks and Sparks' Cashmillion range which retails around half the price of Cashmasoft (and that's without P&P). Although presumably the M&S stuff wouldn't be 'on tren' or 'fashion forward' as it's only been largely successful for 125 years.

It is gross!....and this from someone who wears Kim&Co! The "dress" featured in the Hot Picks looks like the overall my Gran used to wear for cleaning the front steps and all the other stuff is shapeless and uninspiring. Even when carrying some extra weight, people need some sort of shape and definition to their garments, otherwise we look even bigger - why oh why do QVC do this to us.........

I don't know if this is true of this range - but really wish QVC wouldn't keep flogging american sizes and ranges to us

I don't know if this is true of this range - but really wish QVC wouldn't keep flogging american sizes and ranges to us

I know what you mean, they must think we are all shaped like a sack of potatoes, never go out and don't have a full length mirror. Would QVC buyers that pick this cr*p wear it.

Living in Cornwall you get to see people on their holidays waring this sort of stuff all the time,I think people forget their sense of fashion while they are away.

Oh dear, the sight of that hideous flowery dress has moved me to make my first post. Like Artemis, I knew I recognised it from somewhere. It really is that cleaning overall popular in the 1960s. And if it looks like that on the model... It doesn't even fit.

Lilly and Van makes Quacker seem like high fashion - and I have to admit I do have some Quacker from Last Clicks. (My excuse is that I bought it when I had my leg in plaster, and my brain was addled by spending three weeks immobile on the settee.)

I was also shocked to see from ArtDeco's post that the Cashmasoft is acrylic. I surfed past the show during the week, and had assumed it must have some cashmere in it!?!

If it is anything like the Vitaform Croco Leisure Shoe hour I am pleased to say I'm going to miss it, £90, £100 for leisure shoes, they made flyflots look good value for money.

oh dear lord I have just had the misfortune to turn on QVC & caught this on air, well thought I had seen it all in terms of vile 'fashion' (Carole Hochman TSV anyone??) but this beats all....:puke:

Definitely styled on a 60's overall, puts me in mind of Les Dawson when he used to dress up as that boob hoisting old woman...:giggle:

foul, at least if you vomited down one of the patterned monstrosities it would not show, the models should get a bravery award for prancing around in this rubbish

Living in Cornwall you get to see people on their holidays waring this sort of stuff all the time,I think people forget their sense of fashion while they are away.

:clapping: Haha, I know that feeling - living in Cornwall too I also see some right sights for sore eyes - you can spot holiday makers from a mile off can't you!! :giggle:

oh dear lord I have just had the misfortune to turn on QVC & caught this on air, well thought I had seen it all in terms of vile 'fashion' (Carole Hochman TSV anyone??) but this beats all....:puke:

Definitely styled on a 60's overall, puts me in mind of Les Dawson when he used to dress up as that boob hoisting old woman...:giggle:

Or the wonderful Mrs Overall of Acorn Antiques, who would have thought she was a QVC style icon?

Did anyone hear the woman put her foot in it a bit? She mentiond that she likes to make the back of a garment interesting because we all want to look beautiful all around - fair enough so far..... she then pointed out that this was how they designed their "high end" items and that they had tried to do the same with the QVC items - Umm... and here was me thinking that QVC was "high end":cheeky:

:clapping: Haha, I know that feeling - living in Cornwall too I also see some right sights for sore eyes - you can spot holiday makers from a mile off can't you!! :giggle:

We live on the Isle of Wight and also can spot holiday makers from a mile off. Mind you aren't we all like that when we go on holiday?

It is gross!....and this from someone who wears Kim&Co! The "dress" featured in the Hot Picks looks like the overall my Gran used to wear for cleaning the front steps and all the other stuff is shapeless and uninspiring. Even when carrying some extra weight, people need some sort of shape and definition to their garments, otherwise we look even bigger - why oh why do QVC do this to us.........

Haven't seen any of the clothes and apologies for going waaay off topic, but Artemis I'm delighted to see you now have your beautiful, red KitchenAid mixer and are clearly in love! :heart:

Last edited:
Haven't seen any of the clothes and apologies for going waaay off topic, but Artemis I'm delighted to see you now have your beautiful, red KitchenAid mixer and are clearly in love! :heart:

Awwww, thanks! My egg whites are like little fluffy clouds now, love, love, love it!:clapping::clapping:

I watched the show to see what you were on about (orange hideous flowery dress) have to say the blond model (cant remember her name) in the orange dress looked awful. I do wonder what the models say to each other back stage. Oh to be a fly on the wall.:rock:

Latest posts

Back