Question re yankee electric tart warmer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

craftybel

Registered Shopper
I recently bought the electric Yankee tart warmer fom QVC and I like it. However, it does not seem to be that hot, because although the wax melts in the bowl, the wax at the edges starts to solidify again slightly during use. It doesn't look very nice, as it is part pool of wax and part lumpy wax at the edges. Is this normal for this type of product, or is mine faulty?

I think yours is faulty, it shuld melt all the wax and keep it melted, at least that is what mine does

mine was doing that, but since I started only putting half a wax tart in the dish, or sometimes just a quarter, its been fine

Have you got it in a draught? Mine does this if I have it on the windowsill with the window open, but not otherwise.

I got the tsv electric wax burner and mine is the same, only melts in the middle, the sides are solid, I have tried putting half tart in, but much the same, I have never tried putting a quarter in, will have to try that, I also have the other tart burner with the ivy pattern on in cream and that one melts all the tart much better.I think a few people have mentioned on here that theirs does not melt all the tart.

Mine melts the tart but sometimes one edge seems to cool a little, if I move the dish to the exact centre of the heating element it works. Thinking about it, it is in my kitchen and the window is nearly always open .

Where can I get an electric tart burner from? I've been waiting for 6 months for one on air on QVC. I'm using tart burners with night lights at the moment but I don't like to leave them unsupervised.

I've tried Yankee Doodle and looked around on Amazon and Ebay but not seen anything suitable. Can anyone suggest a supplier?

Currently improvising my own with a lamp and a 40watt bulb but possibly a bit dodgy. Any ideas?

Last edited:
I bought the TSV. The tart does not fully melt when on the ceramic dish supplied.

I found a small stainless steel dish which fitted exactly on the top, and had sides about 2 inches high.

The tart fully melts in this, bccause of the better conductivity.

Another advantage is that, when the tart has cooled down and solidified, tapping it upside down on a hard surface causes the tart to fall out, so I can change to a different one; you can't bang the ceramic one about!

I have the 3Hearts one and an earlier white model. The original heats up faster. One of my best Q purchases, as I can snooze and forget about it. @ILoveShopping ~ googled yankee doodle, 4kandles, scented candleshop, heaven essence. Dogpile.co is a larger search engine and may turn up others. Had asked local ironmonger about 6 months ago, for a present, and she didn't have it in her catalogue. All the best!

a tip to getting the tarts out, when the wax is solid again simply put the tart and bowl in the fridge/freezer for about 5 mins, then they will pop out easily.

Don't leave the glass ones in the freezer too long though nor instantly put it over a lit flame as you risk the change in temp cracks the glass, but for me I find 5 mins in fridge/freezer allows the tart to just pop out cleanly. Then just wait a few moments before re-using, often just the time it takes to unwrap the next tart is long enough.

Just bumping this thread as since getting my electric tart burner as a TSV on super sunday, (which I bought thanks to the reccommendations on this forum) in conjunction with a set of silicone muffin cases (I believe reccommended by Akimbo- for which I thank her- great idea - apologies if it was another forumite); I absolutely love it and use it almost daily. I would never have thought to try the tarts before.

My question is suggestions on nice mixes of fragrances that you may have tried. I have managed to collect quite a few different flavours, mainly bargains from amazon and some christmas ones I picked up on last clicks in August. At the moment I have Tahitan Tiare Flower (now reincarnated as white gardenia) mixed with Lilac blossom, which I don't like on its own. I now have a shoe box full of various tarts and would love to experiment but don't want to waste tarts. Any suggestions?

The " wax" stays but the scent gradually fades. I reckon 8 hours then you need a new one. You can really tell, the strength of a new one compared with how much weaker the smell is when a used one has solidified once cooled.

The " wax" stays but the scent gradually fades. I reckon 8 hours then you need a new one. You can really tell, the strength of a new one compared with how much weaker the smell is when a used one has solidified once cooled.

I went to Swindon outlet village earlier this year and they have a small Yankee candle outlet there inside the John Lewis, next to it inside same entrance but is not part of JL. They had a Christmas trimming the trees electric tart burner there for £10 and so I bought it. I haven't used it yet as am saving it for my Christmas collection and not long to wait now! I nearly bought another electric tart burner in Costco, they had them in there about a month ago or so for £15 with tarts. Generic brand not Yankee though was white, and plain for everyday. It was nice but just decided against it.

Its ridiculos that people have to buy ramakins or muffin cases or whatever to empty the wax. I have one which is sat there with the wax stuck in. The design of this is truly flawed and everyone should get a full refund and the itme should be discontinued until they address the empty issues.

Its ridiculos that people have to buy ramakins or muffin cases or whatever to empty the wax. I have one which is sat there with the wax stuck in. The design of this is truly flawed and everyone should get a full refund and the itme should be discontinued until they address the empty issues.
Yes it is flawed and I use silicon muffin cases. I have managed to prize out a solidified tart with a very sharp knife

My question is suggestions on nice mixes of fragrances that you may have tried. I have managed to collect quite a few different flavours, mainly bargains from amazon and some christmas ones I picked up on last clicks in August. At the moment I have Tahitan Tiare Flower (now reincarnated as white gardenia) mixed with Lilac blossom, which I don't like on its own. I now have a shoe box full of various tarts and would love to experiment but don't want to waste tarts. Any suggestions?

Difficult to give exact 'recipes' as everyone's tastes are different & what one person may love, another find positively nausea enducing! (Plus, I don't use YK tarts, most of them give me a stonking headache, I prefer Darls' ones!)

However, I do like mixing & matching a bit & I would suggest you try burning just half a tart instead of a whole one, which I find quite sufficient to scent the place & that way, if you want to experiment a bit, you are only 'wasting' a quarter of each one if your lovechild fragrance turns out to be a bit of a stinker! lol

When burning new flavours for example, that don't quite come up to expectations, try & isolate what it is you feel is 'missing' or that is somewhat overpowering & then decide what might compliment &/or 'improve' it, e.g. I sometimes use vanilla based ones to tone down one that I'm finding a little astringent, just to soften & sweeten it a bit, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, same with citrusy ones, they can be both fun & useful to add to other things?

Be careful about adding anything 'roses' to other scents, (apart from certain other floral ones), the effect is frequently revolting, same with 'lavender'! Fruity ones might be a good place to start if you have any? I usually go by the rule of 'would I eat this' or 'would I wear this', occasionally you can happen upon an unexpected combo but generally, if it sounds too weird to be nice, it usually isn't! lol

You do at least get a fairly 'instant effect' with tarts, as there isn't the layering factor that you get with an actual perfume as such, so that helps & at the end of the day, it's only a bit of wax! Maybe start with (if you have any) tarts that you're less keen on & that you won't miss too much if it does all go horribly wrong! Sometimes, if I'm really bored (& in serious saddo mode! lol) I'll have a look at various perfume compositions for ideas on things to try together, that can be quite useful as well! :sun:

Latest posts

Back