Leighton Denny's Light & Dark EDP - watch out, it does summat to you!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Laura L'occitane Earle

Registered Shopper
Watching QVC repeat in the early hours and LD was going on about his fragrance, and how sophisticated and sophisticated it was. As he sprayed it, he said "ooh, it does something to me!" Ali Young cowered next to Nina, and joked that they would have to watch out and not leave each other alone with LD as he was under the influence of his fragrance. Had to chuckle when LD said " As if I would fancy you anyway!"

However, he showed himself up when he talked about the "si-aaj" his fragrance left behind and when questioned on what"si-aaj" was, said it was like the trail behind an aeroplane, the smell you left behind as you passed by. It's silage, Leighton. Even without being a celeb with their own perfume, I know what silage is so please stop going g on about si-aaj!

Sillage is a French word, its the trail of fragrance you leave as you walk along.

You know, your are walking along the street or in a shop and can suddenly smell perfume that someone else is wearing.

I can spot Samsara a mile away, but then I don't like it. LOL

Leighton's French pronunciation may be a bit Yorkshire but sillage has a double L so he's not too far off with see-aj

Is there a word for a fragrance that slaps you in the face 5 minutes before the wearer enter the room? :mysmilie_17:

Is there a word for a fragrance that slaps you in the face 5 minutes before the wearer enter the room? :mysmilie_17:

Brut? No error that they got a boxer to advertise it back in th day. Lovely cross between BO "notes" and industrial alcohol.

Ew, my Dad used to wear Brut and I always associate it with the smell of leather car seats, the sound of LBC radio and driving a bit too fast and stopping a bit too suddenly through the wet streets of London. It made me slightly sick.

Throw in the smell of an ashtray that needs emptying and having the sit between my two older siblings in the back of a Ford Anglia and throwing up into my Nana's plastic rain hood (the ones they sold in hairdressers to protect your S&S from the weather) and I'm right there with you! Different part of the country, we'd be battling the elements over Blubberhouses from Lancs to Yorks for Christmas every year! I was sure we'd shoot off the road (think winding mountain pass with lorries coming at us!).

btw it's Lancashire Day on Nov 27th :mysmilie_14:

Watching QVC repeat in the early hours and LD was going on about his fragrance, and how sophisticated and sophisticated it was. As he sprayed it, he said "ooh, it does something to me!" Ali Young cowered next to Nina, and joked that they would have to watch out and not leave each other alone with LD as he was under the influence of his fragrance. Had to chuckle when LD said " As if I would fancy you anyway!"

However, he showed himself up when he talked about the "si-aaj" his fragrance left behind and when questioned on what"si-aaj" was, said it was like the trail behind an aeroplane, the smell you left behind as you passed by. It's silage, Leighton. Even without being a celeb with their own perfume, I know what silage is so please stop going g on about si-aaj!
Sorry Leighton, I stand corrected. Just checked with uncle Google, and sillage with 2 Ls relates to perfume and really is pronounced si-yajh and silage with 1 L relates to fermented cow fodder. I have learned something new today!

I'm the only red rose in a big family of thorny white roses, (I'm v fond of Yorkshire though, just don't tell 'em)

I was born up north and cannot stand LDs over worked affected accent. He sounds like a scally off some nasty sink estate, awful. I really do think someone trying to get us to part without hard earned cash. Should make the effort to speak properly.
This I think, also applies to the guests who act out on screen Lenny from Nina Leonard and Mr Basso I'm talking about you. Stop it please, it's not funny, it's embarrassing to watch.

Red Rose here too. (but actually half n'half...my dad is a white rose, my mum is a red). I chose the best side I reckon but I did live in Lancs for ages so I am entitled to.

I cannot stand LD's accent. It is way OTT and nobody I know in Yorkshire speaks that way. I am sure he is a very nice guy but I cannot listen to him. I could watch him if only he would tone it down a bit.

Has anyone tried this perfume? Reviews seem fairly good and its a lot of EDP for the money.

Latest posts

Back