Freebies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got mine 2 weeks ago and Mr L got his yesterday at GP surgery which was a completely different system to mine. He just walked in, went in to practice nurse, she jabbed, he walked out, no cleaning chairs, no waiting 15 mins. Nurse said practice is only doing vaccines on a Friday between 10 and 3 so they are hardly going to get through many at that rate!
TBH there are many many people who should be in front of us but if you are called I’m not sure the system can deal with just giving it to someone more deserving.

It’s good she is volunteering but she just needs to shut up about it. She is not repeatedly going on about it in a campaign to encourage other volunteers. She can’t let it go because she is obsessed with promoting herself. My goodness she is hard work but she wouldn’t be my problem except that she is getting worse and seriously spoiling my enjoyment of QVC. I have been with them from the beginning far longer than her, I didn’t walk out on them for a good number of years. Why on Earth was she taken back? Have they ever considered that she is a huge turn off or do her bosses just fall for her publicity.

I live five minutes walk away from the village church.

I know that many of the graves are visited by family that are and have been shielding.

When I've been furloughed every very so often I go and give the graves a bit of a tidy so should they get visited at some point the visitor will not be upset by the sight of their loved one's unkempt last resting place.

I've never taken a selfie while I'm there, in fact I've only ever told one person apart from now.

It’s good she is volunteering but she just needs to shut up about it. She is not repeatedly going on about it in a campaign to encourage other volunteers. She can’t let it go because she is obsessed with promoting herself. My goodness she is hard work but she wouldn’t be my problem except that she is getting worse and seriously spoiling my enjoyment of QVC. I have been with them from the beginning far longer than her, I didn’t walk out on them for a good number of years. Why on Earth was she taken back? Have they ever considered that she is a huge turn off or do her bosses just fall for her publicity.
It's her latest, albeit temporary, activity. She's often talked about her large family & I wonder if she had to become bumptious to get attention. I've said it before - the woman's a bulldozer.

I live five minutes walk away from the village church.

I know that many of the graves are visited by family that are and have been shielding.

When I've been furloughed every very so often I go and give the graves a bit of a tidy so should they get visited at some point the visitor will not be upset by the sight of their loved one's unkempt last resting place.

I've never taken a selfie while I'm there, in fact I've only ever told one person apart from now.
That is very thoughtful.

Oh Susie that is a truly lovely thing to do. During lockdown folk will get by for food etc and quickly forget they didn’t get their favourite brand of beans but arriving at a loved one’s grave to see it overgrown would be very distressing as they would feel they had let them down. To arrive and find some lovely human being had tidied for them will remain with them for a long time.

Debbie Flint does not do anything quietly and that is one of the reasons I dislike her. One example is, when she had a room at her brother’s house as her London base she couldn’t help sharing that it was kind of him to make it available but she couldn’t help sharing that as his big sister she had put him through university. Yes, she said that and to me that sums her up.

As an aside, she has seems to think that QVC viewers can be manipulated by the clever Ms Flint, did you know she is Mensa approved? Now that she has been left with no doubt that we know about her obsession with freebies she dropping into the conversation that she has bought certain items. Yes she has but only things like the sponges and the mop both under £20. Did you buy the Le Creuset Pans and the Elemis that you demonstrated from your bathroom? Thanks Debbie, I didn’t know how to use a cleanser and needed you and your freebie to show me how. Does she realise how she comes across? I really think she doesn’t, she possesses zero self awareness.

I’m Mensa approved as well and have the certificate to prove it but there’s no way I’d bore people with things that I do, where I live, what I own, etc. Nor would I ever stick my face at the front of any photos I take. As far as I’m concerned it says a lot about the individuals who do that. Normal people want to see the photo, not the photographer gurning in shot.

(P.S. I never get freebies either 😉)

I have often wondered about her Mensa status. Many years ago when I was a little girl my dad for some reason decided to subscribe to the Readers Digest magazine. Once or twice I noticed they included Mensa type tests. Some years ago when Debbie Flint was going on about it I did wonder ........Apologies to Debbie I shouldn’t have doubted her membership.

Last edited:
I think that as 1 in 50 have Mensa IQs, there are bound to be a few of us on this site who are or have been Mensa members, but why on earth anyone would promote that at work (I've got an IQ of 140+ therefore whatever I say is logical/well thought out? - come off it) or publicly, I have no idea, except for self-promotion. It certainly doesn't mean that you're talking more sense than someone with a lower IQ, it doesn't mean you're a nicer person, it doesn't mean that you're able to do maths/English/whatever any better than the person next to you, it doesn't mean that you're able to come to a more rational conclusion all the time. It does mean that at some point in time you were able to see which little box matched another little box or whatever was in the test - nothing more and nothing less. I know - I did the test - and passed it. But a lot of the people I met through doing it were, well, strange, and I'm much happier with normal, ordinary friends who actually talk sense and aren't full of their own IQs. So drop that one, Debbie. It's meaningless and doesn't make you unique in any shape or form.

Interesting. Just now on Sky News there was a report from the Flint run vaccination centre in Epsom . The reporter told us how very careful they are to avoid vaccine wastage. Apparently around 6pm if it looks like there may be vaccines left over they begin calling people on a vaccine priority list and ask them to come in. I clearly heard it. I hope DelBoy didn’t jump in in front of someone on the priority list. My friend has not received a call yet.

Flinty should keep quiet sometimes but the need for attention overrides everything else.

Definition of a narcissist fits her to a T.

Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others.

Just before Christmas a colleague was speculating about what to get her extremely brainy brother, who's at Cambridge University working on developing Covid vaccines.

We had just had some Mensa puzzle books in so I suggested one of those and a nice pen might be a good idea.

She laughed, apparently even though he's got two science degrees he's useless at those sorts of puzzles because his brain isn't wired that way.

That’s interesting Vienna. A few years ago her focus was on guiding people through abusive relationships with people with Narcissistic Personality Disorders. Del Boy causes me to have a constant headache because my memory is quite good and I tend to remember a lot of things. It can be a burden when it comes to QVC and their salespeople claims etc.

Last edited:
Just before Christmas a colleague was speculating about what to get her extremely brainy brother, who's at Cambridge University working on developing Covid vaccines.

We had just had some Mensa puzzle books in so I suggested one of those and a nice pen might be a good idea.

She laughed, apparently even though he's got two science degrees he's useless at those sorts of puzzles because his brain isn't wired that way.
I can identify with that. When I was at secondary school back in the 60`s we had a boy in my year who could barely string half a dozen words together, never spoke to anybody, frequently fell asleep in all classes except science ones and who never built friendships with anybody and spent breaks and lunchtimes on his own in either the science labs or the library. He also had poor personal hygiene and was very scruffy, he simply didn`t care how he looked.
Fast forwards to GCE year and he failed all of his exams miserably except for sciences which he passed with the highest grades possible and the school allowed him to stay on for A levels even though he didn`t have the required number of GCE`s to do so. The science teachers all recognised he was a genius in the making and by the end of his A level years he was more advanced than they were and he went on to one of the best Uni`s in the Country.
In my late 30`s there was a school reunion and even though P wasn`t there some of us were interested where he`d ended up in life. Another boy, (now a man) had somehow kept in touch with P through common ground of scientific interests and it appears P had become the boy wonder at Uni, then went on to develop some ground breaking research programme and had then spent 3 years working in NASA before returning to the UK. He was a Professor and had never married, still lived for science and and was a big noise in well known scientific circles and journals.
Anybody meeting him as a teen would have taken one look at him and think there was someone destined to the dole queue and our English, History , Art and other teachers used to tear their hair out with him. As for the rest of us, well we just called him weird !

Interesting. Just now on Sky News there was a report from the Flint run vaccination centre in Epsom . The reporter told us how very careful they are to avoid vaccine wastage. Apparently around 6pm if it looks like there may be vaccines left over they begin calling people on a vaccine priority list and ask them to come in. I clearly heard it. I hope DelBoy didn’t jump in in front of someone on the priority list. My friend has not received a call yet.

Flinty should keep quiet sometimes but the need for attention overrides everything else.
I saw the BBC's report from Epsom, it was fascinating & the level of organisation was incredible. I bet she was miffed not to be there when it was filmed.

I saw the BBC's report from Epsom, it was fascinating & the level of organisation was incredible. I bet she was miffed not to be there when it was filmed.
I bet she was. We would never have heard the end of it. As I posted earlier the Sky lunch time report from there has left me quite angry. They clearly reported that the centre at Epsom is very careful not to waste vaccines. From 6pm they assess the number of vaccines that will be left over. They then call people on a priority list to go in for a vaccination. I hope Flint didn’t jump the queue in front of someone on the priority list. Having said that I am sure that those in charge would not have allowed that and Flint’s must have been a spare. My friend though has still not received a priority list call.
Debbie Flint must learn to keep quiet. Her obsession for attention is in very poor taste.

Latest posts

Back